Author Topic: Muslim judge in PA rules violence against someone mocking Islam is legal  (Read 16533 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Guy dressed as Zombie Mohammed is assaulted by recent immigrant offended by his costume. Caught on video, guy admitted his crime. Judge rules the attack was legal, insults victim, and says he should be lucky he wasn't killed like he would have been in an Islamic country.

Such an obvious miscarriage of justice even De Selby/Shootin Student will be hard pressed to defend it (although I imagine he'll try) and one would imagine it'll be overturned. The real question is what will happen to the judge? Any chance of legal sanctions?

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/326954.php

www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=49740
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Tar.

Feathers.

Judge.

Some assembly required.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
That's beyond incredible.

...says he should be lucky he wasn't killed like he would have been in an Islamic country.

If I follow that logic, then a black person attacking a white person who insulted him should be found not guilty, as the white person would be lucky it didn't happen in a ghetto, where he'd probably be killed.

Think of all of the criminals who should be found not guilty because "the victim was lucky he wasn't in..."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
The judge needs to be impeached.

[tinfoil] The ISLAMIZATION of America has begun. [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

wmenorr67

• friend
Anyone up for trolling?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MicroBalrog

• friend
Dress like zombie mohammed.

Carry concealed pistol.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Double ewe....   Tee...   Eff.....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Double ewe....   Tee...   Eff.....

My exact sentiments.

Regolith

• friend
From what I've been reading in the comments here there's a good chance the judge isn't Muslim. He has a fairly Anglican name (Mark Martin), is or was a military policeman and recently did a tour in Iraq, is white and is a Republican. It's possible he converted during or after his trip to Iraq, but I haven't seen anything showing that he did.

That doesn't change the fact that his knowledge of the constitution is absolutely shitty at best, that his actions were extremely unethical, and that he probably shouldn't be acting as a judge.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
From what I've been reading in the comments here there's a good chance the judge isn't Muslim. He has a fairly Anglican name (Mark Martin), is or was a military policeman and recently did a tour in Iraq, is white and is a Republican. It's possible he converted during or after his trip to Iraq, but I haven't seen anything showing that he did.
I believe this to be correct.
He stated that he lived in a muslim country for several years, and is definitely a sympathizer.
His beliefs are poisoning the PA legal system.
Hopefully, he is holding an elected position.
If appointed for life, we are truly screwed. 
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Muslim judge in PA rules violence against someone mocking Islam is legal
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »
I have spent time in other foreign countries also and have to follow the laws of that country when doing so.  However, isn't Pennsylvania still in America and the last I checked, for the time being anyway, the First Amendment to our Constitution doesn't allow for the sanctioning of an official religion.  But reading between the lines this is just what this "judge" is clamoring for.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

agricola

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 10:29:20 AM »
If that report is accurate, you have to wonder how he got on the bench in the first place - after all, its not as if the case deals with a particularly complex, little-known or badly written piece of legislation.   
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 10:30:27 AM »

That doesn't change the fact that his knowledge of the constitution is absolutely *expletive deleted*ty at best, that his actions were extremely unethical, and that he probably shouldn't be acting as a judge.

Direct quote from Judge Martin.

I’m a Muslim, I find it
offensive. But you have that right,
but you’re way outside your
boundaries or first amendment
rights. This is what, and I said I
spent about 7 and a half years
living in other countries. when we
go to other countries it’s not
uncommon for people to refer to
us as ugly Americans this is why
we are referred to as ugly
Americans, because we are so
concerned about our own rights
we don’t care about other people’s
rights as long as we get our say but
we don’t care about the other
people’s say”

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 10:37:58 AM »

Direct quote from Judge Martin.

Theres some doubt over the first bit - at least according to this:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/291963/be-or-not-be-muslim-andrew-c-mccarthy

but the rest of the quote does amply demonstrate why he should no longer be trusted with a gavel. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »
There's an audio recording. Listen to it, not third hand columnists opinions.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 11:50:10 AM »
I wonder if he was a JAG officer in the service. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »
i guess i'm the only one who wanted to punch the atheist too?  both in and out of costume. does pa have "fighting words "law
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 04:43:48 PM »

i guess i'm the only one who wanted to punch the atheist too?  both in and out of costume. does pa have "fighting words "law

Not me, I am happy the liberals are at least being equal in their insults, usually they are to cowardly to insult Islam and only insult religions they know won't punch them in the face.

I was at a pro life rally one time, I wanted to punch some of the liberals that showed up to counter demonstrate ( they were very rude ) but before I could the other pro lifers told me I should just pray for them.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 04:52:43 PM »
There's an audio recording. Listen to it, not third hand columnists opinions.

I have. The audio is very poor, and sounds to me to be possibly edited (too many random sound level jumps).

It could also be that he simply made a misstatement, and meant to say "not" and simply didn't, and then failed to correct himself.

There's also his word choices when he refers to Muslims; he always uses "they" or "them" rather than "us" or "we."

That, combined with his personal background, suggests that he isn't a Muslim; he may still identify strongly with them, but as of yet there isn't anything showing that he has actually converted.

EDIT: This website (which to be fair I have never heard of before so I don't know how reliable it is) claims to have called the Judge's receptionist, and that the receptionist denied that the judge was a Muslim. There seems to have been other calls made to his office that have turned up the same result, but I don't have any sources for them.

So you'd respond to someone acting in bad taste by acting in VERY bad taste? And even if PA had a "fighting words" law, the atheist's actions would not be considered so and would be fully covered by the First Amendment.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:07:42 PM by Regolith »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »
All religions should be fair game for discussion and criticism.

Mocking or making fun of their prophet Mohammad should be allowable, just as others have exorcised their freedom to display the Roman Catholic crucifix in urine.

I myself enjoy the articles mocking the cult of Global Warming  :laugh: 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MicroBalrog

• friend
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 01:00:16 AM »

I myself enjoy the articles mocking the cult of Global Warming  :laugh: 

INFIDEL !!111 BLASPHEMERR TOOO!!11
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 01:09:25 AM »
Judge is apparently not Muslim:

http://volokh.com/2012/02/25/zombie-mohammed-judge-responds/

Not a Muslim, just simply forgets to tell the alleged assaulter that mocking any religion is free speech, even if in your mocking you get the facts of your argument incorrect.

It would have been more appropriate if he simply said "the facts do not support assault" or something.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I