Author Topic: Man shocked by arrest after daughter draws picture of gun at school  (Read 5200 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
http://www.therecord.com/news/local/article/676150--man-shocked-by-arrest-after-daughter-draws-picture-of-gun-at-school

So much is wrong with this.  I would have been on the phone to a lawyer the second I was released.  And I would have forced them to get a warrant to search the house.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Man shocked by arrest after daughter draws picture of gun at school
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 11:54:19 AM »
I see this is in Ontario, Canada.  I wonder what their firearms laws are like.  Based on the response, can you even own a gun there?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »
bet not after a burglary and assault conviction
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 12:04:59 PM »
I see this is in Ontario, Canada.  I wonder what their firearms laws are like.  Based on the response, can you even own a gun there?

Even still it was a fishing expedition that before long will take place here if certain groups get their way.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »
This stops only when people get angry enough to demand the ouster of everyone involved, from school to constabulary.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 12:09:06 PM »

That is a really good point.  No different than a felony conviction here in Washington state.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 12:37:49 PM »
i think the school over reacted.  all it takes is one ninny.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 04:08:26 PM »
Meh, it's Canada. Subjects don't have the same rights as citizens.

=D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
If the school wanted to make the news, they've succeeded.  It's all over Facebook.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »
It seems more and more that authorities are deliberately and calculatedly trying to provoke some reaction.

One day they'll succeed . . . and if the person they do this sort of thing to is at all good with planning and execution, they won't be at all happy with the result.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 11:36:53 PM »
Not advocating anything but...

If us gun owners was as trigger happy and blood thirsty as the ig-tard anti-gun liberals try to make us out to be there wouldn't near as many of them around to spout their stupidity as there is.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 11:59:40 PM »
What if all the gun-owning parents throughout the land dressed their kids in gun couture for school one day? Or what if they did it day after day? The industry could donate merch for this purpose.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Lee

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »
You're right, too many things wrong there. He should sue and then move. I doubt he will though...they talk like it would have justified had he owned a gun. F'd up.

griz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 12:08:20 PM »
Good thing the kid didn't draw a naked man.  They would have convicted him of indecent exposure after they searched him.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 02:08:01 PM »
“To be honest with you, I broke down,” Sansone said. “My character got put down so much. I was actually really hurt, like it could happen that easy.
Lawsuit setup statement if I ever saw one.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Carl N. Brown

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »

Why is that tidbit not in any of the published stories about Jessie Sansone?

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1136659--kitchener-dad-arrested-at-school-after-daughter-draws-picture-of-gun 
Dianne Wood, Waterloo Region Record, "Kitchener dad arrested at school after daughter draws picture of gun", The Star, 24 Feb 2012

http://www.anorak.co.uk/313388/news/dad-arrested-and-strip-searched-after-daughter-draws-picture-of-gun-at-school.html/
"Dad arrested and strip-searched after daughter draws picture of gun at school", Anorak

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2012/02/27/pf-19433936.html
Kris Sims, Parliamentary Bureau, "Kitchener officials sticking to their guns", Canoe Network, February 27, 2012

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/article/676150--man-shocked-by-arrest-after-daughter-draws-picture-of-gun-at-school
Dianne Wood, "Man shocked by arrest after daughter draws picture of gun at school", The Record, 24 Feb 2012.

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 02:50:49 PM »
Why is that tidbit not in any of the published stories about Jessie Sansone?

maybe you need to look for the dads own words.  its been linked in this thread

in the op no less
"Sansone says he got into some trouble with the law five years ago, and was convicted of assault and attempted burglary. But he’s put all that behind him. He never had any firearms-related charges."

in fact you posted the link yourself  last part of your last link

Carl N. Brown

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »
Yes, it is.  :facepalm: Sansone admitted to that.

My miss. What's worse, a quick search of the article for "assault" or "burglary" would have found it. (Dianne Wood, "Man shocked by arrest after daughter draws picture of gun at school", The Record, 24 Feb 2012.)

I was too focussed on what reasons were cited by the school, child welfare or police as motivating their action.