Author Topic: Another reason to hate california  (Read 5358 times)

wuluf

• friend
Another reason to hate california
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »
California Game and Fish Commisioner in trouble for shooting a mountain lion legally.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-mountain-lion-20120229,0,6849096.story

Lt. Gov Newsome (former San Francisco mayor) wants him to resign.
It seems to upset some people that a Game and Fish Commissioner might be a hunter...

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Another reason to hate california
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:11:39 AM »
Pack behavior:  Buncha ki-yi-ers and yelping yellow dogs. Hand wringing seems to be a way of life in some of California.

Jeez, I hope they don't find out that he probably used a lead core bullet or something.  More ki-yi-ing.  Oh, and there's all those nitrogen oxides coming out of the gun.  OMG!

Pic and article:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/02/28/state-fish-game-commission-chief-under-fire-for-mountain-lion-killing/

Big kitty, no?  Maybe they should import the things into Sacramentlol.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:28:35 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:13:20 AM »
 :facepalm:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:31:25 AM »
don't read the comments! :facepalm: :facepalm: [barf]
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »
Another item to add to my "get out of California" list. The F&G Commission was once staffed predominately by people who hunted and fished, which makes sense, since if you're going to regulate something, you should at least have an understanding of it. It was once the same with DFG wardens. Many of the younger ones though, come out of "environmental sciences" (little science, lots of environmental management politics) programs at college and mostly seem to think their job is to curtail all hunting and fishing.

Both the F&G Commission and the wardens are developing an "us against them" mentality regarding not poachers, but all hunters, and hunting and fishing in general.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »
If only "California" had not been forged as much outside California as within...?  Those who believe that "California" is something alien to the mainstream of America, with so many of its problems precipitated from far off, are deluding themselves.  I'd put illegal immigration at the top of what went wrong, along with the hypertrophic growth of the public sector, but California didn't invent either thrust.  California is just the most obvious manifestation of America Two, and America Two is everywhere in these 50 States.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 01:43:53 PM »
Cali F&G commissioner responds:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/29/BADO1NDMOS.DTL

The money quote:

"While I respect our Fish and Game rules and regulations, my 100 percent legal activity outside California, or anyone else's for that matter, is none of your business."

Richards also attacked lawmakers for cutting the Department of Fish and Game's budget recently, and said he will "continue to hunt and fish wherever I please." 

Another endangered species in California: the human spine.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:54:56 PM by Angel Eyes »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
So from the article, they ate the cougar.  I have never even thought of eating a big game cat.  I wonder how they taste.  Like chicken?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »
Not all the responses at the linked website are lunacy - my nomination for best comment:

". . . should we fire anyone who rents a car in another state that doesn't meet California emission standards?"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 04:07:50 PM »
So from the article, they ate the cougar.  I have never even thought of eating a big game cat.  I wonder how they taste.  Like chicken?

It was considered a delicacy in ye olde frontiery days.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »
HankB quoted:

Not all the responses at the linked website are lunacy - my nomination for best comment:

". . . should we fire anyone who rents a car in another state that doesn't meet California emission standards?"

I second that nomination.  Damned good point.

Ben noted:

Another item to add to my "get out of California" list. The F&G Commission was once staffed predominately by people who hunted and fished, which makes sense, since if you're going to regulate something, you should at least have an understanding of it. It was once the same with DFG wardens. Many of the younger ones though, come out of "environmental sciences" (little science, lots of environmental management politics) programs at college and mostly seem to think their job is to curtail all hunting and fishing.

Both the F&G Commission and the wardens are developing an "us against them" mentality regarding not poachers, but all hunters, and hunting and fishing in general.

^+1

Although I have not actually had a hunting or fishing license for over ten years, I noted the same trend in Colorado quite a while ago.  They started to be ticket writers rather than game managers with a helping attitude.  That might be unfair nowadays, but that's the way I started to see it back then.  And the H&F-ing brochures nowadsys are freakin' legal tomes which are almost of a size worthy of being hardbound in brown leather.

Well, as somebody noted, the more laws or regulations "we" make, the more "we" can control "them."

Ter-gr-r-ry, 230RN
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:36:45 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:26 PM »
don't read the comments! :facepalm: :facepalm: [barf]

Too late..  brain..  hurt.. confused..

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
CA Dem's want hunter fired for obeying the law
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 04:35:41 PM »
So this guy, some kind of big cheese went mountain lion hunting in Idaho ( I believe )
now the busybodies in CA say he should lose his job.
I read also that he is claiming he ate the mountain lion. .... I've never heard of that-is he just blowing smoke or do people actually eat mtn lions?

http://www.news10.net/news/california/article/181419/430/Democrats-call-for-Richards-to-resign-he-says-no
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: CA Dem's want hunter fired for obeying the law
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 04:54:24 PM »
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 04:58:33 PM »
Dupe topics merged.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Lee

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »
Broke back mountain lion defense?

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 08:37:06 PM »
Who eats mountain lion?

Plus, a lot of Californicators come over to Nevada and patronize the legal brothels-probably including some politicians I would imagine.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 12:26:10 PM »
Yes, Nevada is the moral center of America.  :)  Is there anything or anyone not for sale in Nevada?  (Or, if you're in the Great Nothingness, working for the Federal government?)

Is there any place more dispiriting than Las Vegas?  Having covered too many trade shows there my vote is no.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 02:46:45 AM »
Yes, Nevada is the moral center of America.  :)  Is there anything or anyone not for sale in Nevada?  (Or, if you're in the Great Nothingness, working for the Federal government?)

Is there any place more dispiriting than Las Vegas?  Having covered too many trade shows there my vote is no.

I wish the feds would hire me but there is so much nothing where I am that where they were building that bridge to nowhere has more people there then here. I'm much closer to Idaho/Oregon then Vegas.