Author Topic: Awesome humanitarian results with intervention n' regime change  (Read 2914 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTIh0TRLpww

Swell, now let's go do Syria.   ;)
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Awesome humanitarian results with intervention n' regime change
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »
How's about we let the savages be ruled by whomever they decide, as long as they keep the oil flowing?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 03:48:43 PM »
Democratizing the demonic: Pandemonium.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:54:48 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 02:02:36 PM »
So I'm assuming those were ghadaffi's African mercs? Who gives a flyin you know what.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 11:39:10 PM »
It seems as if they are targeting any African in Libya right now, proof of merc work or not.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:32:51 AM »
Yeah, this anonymous youtube video has totally no chance of being fake or anything.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 09:39:32 AM »
It seems as if they are targeting any African in Libya right now, proof of merc work or not.

This is what appears to be happening throughout northern Libya according to many accounts.

Yeah, this anonymous youtube video has totally no chance of being fake or anything.

It could be but given the current state of Libya I don't think one would have to go through the trouble of creating a fake video depicting unusual or cruel behavior. Plenty of actual craziness to document. If we are talking "chance" I would argue that there is a greater one of this being real rather than "fake or anything". Just because it hasn't shown up on CNN doesn't mean it didn't happen.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 10:06:15 AM »
Ummm . . . Libyans are Africans.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 10:57:51 AM »
The real question to ask is how many of these democracy-loving souls will be invited to emigrate to America by our State Dept., encouraged by the usual phalanx of charities.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 10:59:17 AM »
Ummm . . . Libyans are Africans.

"Sub-Saharan African," more like.  We don;t hear much about it, but the N Africans with more arab in them are not too kind to their darker sub-Saharan fellow Africans.

The real question to ask is how many of these democracy-loving souls will be invited to emigrate to America by our State Dept., encouraged by the usual phalanx of charities.

Hey, since we fixed Iraq and eliminated all the nasty persecution, we have had thousands of Iraqis immigrate to the DFW area.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »
It could be but given the current state of Libya I don't think one would have to go through the trouble of creating a fake video depicting unusual or cruel behavior. Plenty of actual craziness to document. If we are talking "chance" I would argue that there is a greater one of this being real rather than "fake or anything". Just because it hasn't shown up on CNN doesn't mean it didn't happen.

And vice versa.

The truth is, of course, practically every revolution is accompanied by some brutality and hurting innocents (yes, even that one in 1775). The real question will be to come back in a decade or two and see where the country goes.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »
Let me put that on my calendar... 
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.