Author Topic: IRS begins systematically harassment of Tea Party orgs  (Read 4548 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
IRS begins systematically harassment of Tea Party orgs
« on: March 05, 2012, 01:43:21 PM »
www.nationalreview.com/corner/292475/broad-based-irs-assault-tea-party-david-french

Everyone remember the Clintons using the FBI to spy on and hassle their political opponents? Looks like Obama has learned from the masters...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: IRS begins systematically harassment of Tea Party orgs
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 01:54:31 PM »
And here's the Comedian In Chief joking about using the IRS to hassle people who trouble him. Hilarious.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124260113149028331.html

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
Unsurprising.  Chicago politics meets the big time. 

IMHO it's broken.  And it ain't getting fixed.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 03:12:47 PM »
What a load of crap.

Let's make sure to ignore the questionable actions of Super Pacs.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 03:17:46 PM »
even from within the tea partys folks have warned them to get their tax stuff legal.  they were systematically ignored by the cool kids. you know the ones with the "whats the gov gonna do to me attitude!"   no surprise that ir bites em.  surprise is that it took this long.  lots of warnings.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 03:20:23 PM »
Oh look, csd is making vague unfounded claims that allow him to feel morally superior. Shocking.

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 03:29:49 PM »
irony   vague unfounded claims should be the title of that article

the richmond tea party has been fighting about this for more than 2 years.  there are folks with actual political experience that saw this coming but they were shouted over and down by the wookie suit contingent allied with the followers of the oracle alex jones. folks need to get their act together if they want to play in the big leagues and there is ever a hope of being taken seriously.

also don't be so sure any deliberate aim on this comes from obama.  the only place the tea party is a threat to obama is in their fevered dreams.  they are a real thorn in the republican side though and are seen as a potential spoiler in a close election.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 03:49:25 PM »
The article quotes the actual language of the letters sent to the various orgs. This is vague how again, as compared to your "Oh I know people" bulls***?

And no, how could a broad party-less movement based around opposition to fed.gov indebtedness and taxation increases ever be an issue for the President who ran up $15T in debt?

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »
The article quotes the actual language of the letters sent to the various orgs. This is vague how again, as compared to your "Oh I know people" bulls***?

And no, how could a broad party-less movement based around opposition to fed.gov indebtedness and taxation increases ever be an issue for the President who ran up $15T in debt?

you think the tea party is a bigger threat to obama?  than to the republican establishment? really? or is it a case of "if we imagine it hard enough it will come true!"  right wing yes we can program?

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/11/new-poll-republicans-suffering-in-tea-party-districts.php

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/cnn-poll-grand-old-party-downgrade.php

http://www.salon.com/2011/08/17/tea_party_poll_3/

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »
i ran this by a local guy deleted his name since hes a real politician and i lack permission
his last statement is a pathetic truth

didn't the tea party have lots of warning that they weren't in compliance with irs regs for tax exempt status? and then they didn't take it serious till the irs got tough?
xxxx
OH YEAH
tons
no question
they were warned and warned and warned
but alas, we "establishment" hacks had nothing to teach them...
Edward Newell
how long did the wookies suiters pretend that "the gov can't touch us"
xxxx
problem is, some of them still think that
worse, as the Tea Parties professionalize, the ones that didn't want to do any of the groundwork are now "moving on" to other projects... and leaving the good natured folks behind
to clean up all the mess, and take all the blame
just like any other scammer...
it's ridiculous
and it shouldn't be happening

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 06:14:02 PM »
Stop poaching the King's deer, serfs.

When you believe that you are all-powerful and impregnable you start to do strange things.  Wonder how they will react when strange things begin happening in reverse...?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 06:39:03 PM »
"Impregnable" was an interesting choice of words.
"It's good, though..."

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 11:38:33 AM »
Oh, well if an anonymous political hack who feels like his comfy gig is threatened says negative things about his opponents, it MUST be true!  ;/

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 11:42:33 AM »
he was paulian before it was cool. still is. is a real life elected official who openly campaigns for him.  in real life not just on internet forums if you can imagine such folks exist

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 10:27:20 PM »
Arguments are great when neither side has hard information.   =D

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 01:15:33 AM »

Sorry to go for the obvious, but [citation needed]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 09:55:30 AM »

the hard info is contained in the irs letters.  they failed to file the right paperwork.  lameness?  defiance? who knows  same end result

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 02:56:36 PM »
Another quick check outside again shows that sky, despite CS&D's insistence to the contrary, remains blue.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 11:38:58 AM »
the hard info is contained in the irs letters.  they failed to file the right paperwork.  lameness?  defiance? who knows  same end result

Are you saying that the questions and demands made in those IRS letters are made of all orgs filing for 501(c) status? Because you'd be demonstrably incorrect.

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
http://www.howtodothings.com/careers/how-to-start-a-501c3-non-profit-organization

i've never fired up a 501 so i differ to your experience with that

apparently it is not similar with that of some others

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »
Where is Anonymous when we need him?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.