Author Topic: Homosexual Marriage; Why not?  (Read 26274 times)

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
Homosexual Marriage; Why not?
« on: May 24, 2006, 08:08:02 PM »
I just don't see what the big deal is. Why not?
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 08:13:14 PM »
Are you trying to tell us something, Winston? Cheesy
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Winston Smith

• friends
    • My Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 08:17:29 PM »
Absolutely, and here it is: that I believe that nobody should decide who people should marry except the people themselves.
Jack
APS #22
Right?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 08:32:56 PM »
Didn't you start a very similar thread a while back?  

I will not explain my point of view on this issue a second time, but I will try to answer your question about why this issue is a "big deal."  The big deal is that twenty years ago, homosexuality was almost universally perceived as disgusting, immoral, wierd, ridiculous, etc.  This has generally been the view of most cultures in most times.  Very suddenly, the leftist elite declared from on high that anyone holding the former set of views was disgusting, immoral, wierd, ridiculous, etc.  While the majority have "come around" on the immoral and wierd part, most Americans still regard it as disgusting and ridiculous.  This is similar to the way that racism is still widespread in America, although very few will conciously defend it.  The cognitive dissonance is not as pronounced, of course.  Nevertheless, the accepted view now is that homosexuality is normal and good and wonderful.

This has all been very shocking, insulting and frustrating for some people.  The whole world changed their minds for no particular reason, and now the hold-outs are vilified for holding what must be considered a very normal point of view.  Just ten years ago, I myself would have been considered quite tolerant for believing that sodomy should not be illegal.  Today, I am considered a bigot for not supporting homosexual marriage.  It is as if someone changed the rules in the middle of the game without telling half the players and now we are being yelled at for playing the wrong way.  Yet we're playing the right way, as far as we can see.

That's why it's a big deal.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 08:57:55 PM »
The big deal ultimately stems from government involvment in religious affairs.

The government should not be in the business of marrying ANYONE. Right now the government and various christian churches are so entangled in the 'marriage' process that it makes me sick. BOTH institutions are corrupted in the process. Of course, rather than realize this and call for--if I may use the word--separation of the two, the churches, being the power hungry mini-governments they are, are enjoying the seeming monopoly they have over government sactioned legal unions, and would never pass up the chance to use the government as a tool to force their views on the population.

If, from the beginning, the government only wrote contracts between consenting parties, this would pretty much be a non-issue. Any religious organizations would be expected to denounce homosexuality or not (as per their interpretation of the bible/torah/solar flares/emergent patterns of ant lines), and the government would be expected to ensure equality and fairness amidst consenting parties. It would all be so simple, but alas, entrenched power gives up ground reluctantly.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Twycross

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 09:23:56 PM »
Quote from: zahc
The big deal ultimately stems from government involvment in religious affairs.
That about sums up my position. As a conservative christian, I believe that homosexuality is a sin. But it is none of the government's business. Marriage is a religious institution, not a civil one, and the state should keep out of it in it's entirety. It doesn't matter if a man is marrying a woman, or another man, or his dog, or several of each. Regardless of morality, what you do in the bedroom is nobody else's concern (as far as the law goes).

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 09:54:34 PM »
Thank you, it's amazing to see a someone who both professes christianity and understands that.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 10:50:47 PM »
...it is none of the government's business. Marriage is a religious institution, not a civil one, and the state should keep out of it...
Quote from: zahc
Thank you, it's amazing to see a someone who both professes christianity and understands that.
I profess Christianity and I believe that, so you've got at least two right here on this board.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Winston Smith

• friends
    • My Photography
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 10:53:52 PM »
This has all been very shocking, insulting and frustrating for some people.  The whole world changed their minds for no particular reason, and now the hold-outs are vilified for holding what must be considered a very normal point of view.  Just forty years ago, I myself would have been considered quite tolerant for believing that African Americans should vote  Today, I would be considered a bigot for not supporting interracial marriage.  It is as if someone changed the rules in the middle of the game without telling half the players and now we are being yelled at for playing the wrong way.
Jack
APS #22
Right?

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 01:44:41 AM »
Folks need to be "married" in the government's eyes to be seen as a financial partner.  That's all the involvement the government needs to have.

As far as Christian marriage goes, is is truly hypocritical for same-sex couples to be married--says si right in the bible.  But, like someone stated earlier, what goes on behind closed doors with two consenting adults is their business--not mine and certainly not the government's or the church's.

I believe they should be allowed to be "married" (from a governmental standpoint) for the sake of benefits, etc. that are protected in a marriage.

Greg

Greg

Ron

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 03:03:45 AM »
Absolutely, and here it is: that I believe that nobody should decide who people should marry except the people themselves.
Then why keep insisting the rest of the country acknowledge their marriages?

I'm in the get government out of the marriage business camp myself.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 03:49:29 AM »
This has all been very shocking, insulting and frustrating for some people.  The whole world changed their minds for no particular reason, and now the hold-outs are vilified for holding what must be considered a very normal point of view.  Just ten years ago, I myself would have been considered quite tolerant for believing that government should not regulate sexual relationships (through anti-sodomy laws).  Today, I am considered a bigot for believing that government should not regulate sexual relationships (by recognizing homosexual relationships).  It is as if someone changed the rules in the middle of the game without telling half the players and now we are being yelled at for playing the wrong way.  Yet we're playing the right way, as far as we can see.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 04:35:45 AM »
Quote from: Winston Smith
I want to take it one step further:
The state (ie, .gov) shold not regulate Marriage, recocnize marriage, or regulate the relationships between consenting adults.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 05:07:29 AM »
All this talk and no one will acknowledge the 800 lb gorilla in the debate:  the push for homosexual marriage is DRIVEN by the desire to get medical benefits (heretofor primarily reserved for married couples and their dependent children...) for AIDS stricken gay men by "marrying" (either legitmately, or as a sham a la "Desperate Housewives") to pay for those expensive "drug cocktails" that keep them alive.  Apart from strong genuine moral reprehnsion at thte idea on the part of the majority (democracy's a real tough act when you can't convince a majority, huh nellies...) the bulk of the people realize their health insurance costs, which are already skyrocketing, will dramiatically increase even more.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 05:20:24 AM »
Quote from: JamisJockey
I want to take it one step further:
The state (ie, .gov) shold not regulate Marriage, recocnize marriage, or regulate the relationships between consenting adults.
I would agree with that, except that I would add that I think the state does have the right to insist that contracts (marital or not) be executed under some sort of standardization guideline that would give the state some sort  of method in deciphering the wheat from the chaff in instances of civil torts.

For example, I think it would be perfectly correct and legitimate for a state to say "we only accept legal contracts between persons who are at least 18 years of age", or, "we only accept legal contracts if they were witnessed by a licensed notary public".
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Winston Smith

• friends
    • My Photography
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 05:21:45 AM »
I'm guessing you don't know too many gay people richyoung.
Jack
APS #22
Right?

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 05:37:11 AM »
This has all been very shocking, insulting and frustrating for some people.  The whole world changed their minds for no particular reason, and now the hold-outs are vilified for holding what must be considered a very normal point of view.  Just 200 years ago, I myself would have been considered quite tolerant for believing that Negroes should be taught to read.  Today, I am considered a bigot for believing that African-Americans should be taught to read.  It is as if someone changed the rules in the middle of the game without telling half the players and now we are being yelled at for playing the wrong way.  Yet we're playing the right way, as far as we can see.

Gee.  This can be fun.  Let's try another one.

This has all been very shocking, insulting and frustrating for some people.  The whole world changed their minds for no particular reason, and now the hold-outs are vilified for holding what must be considered a very normal point of view.  Just two thousand years ago, I myself would have been considered quite tolerant for believing that Christians should be stoned, rather than crucified  Today, I am not considered a bigot for believing that  Christians should be stoned.  It is as if someone changed the rules in the middle of the game without telling half the players and now we are being yelled at for playing the wrong way.  Yet we're playing the right way, as far as we can see.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 05:38:36 AM »
I'm guessing you don't know too many gay people richyoung.
Just who are YOU to be "guessing" (or anything else) about me?  I happen to work one desk away from a gay person, and my favorite double cousin also happens to be gay.  How many gay people I know has NOTHING to do with the truth or lack thereof of what I assert.  You just MIGHT want to get a little more life experience than 17 years before you go "guessing" (in a condescending manner, btw) about peoplewho've been around more than twice as long as you've lived.  It seems from your posts that you are possibly the victim of a public shool INDOCTRINATION passed of as "education" - and you don't yet realize it.  Let me ask you the following:

While in school, did you EVER:
1.  Hear anything BAD about the United Nations?
2.  Hear anything GOOD about the pre-WWII isolationist movement in the US?
3.  Hear anything BAD about Franklin Delano Roosevelt?
4.  Hear anything GOOD about Richard Nixon?
5.  Hear anything GOOD about private gun ownership?
6.  Hear anything BAD about the anti-war movement in the 1960's US?
7.  Hear anything GOOD about the Confederacy?
8.  Hear anything BAD about Abraham Lincoln and the Union?

I could go on, but the point is - if you only hear ONE SIDE of an issue, you haven't been EDUCATED, you've been INDOCTRINATED.  You can't help what's been done to you, but you MUST be aware that the problem exists - and from the "whats wrong with.." tone of your posts, I'm not sure you are yet.

Don't feel bad - I can still recall my feelings of disillusionment when I realized what my 12 years of "education" really amounted to...
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 06:26:16 AM »
Richyoung, I agree.

Winston is a product of his environment, whether he realizes it or not.

I cringed when I saw his faction become popular when I was an off-duty assistant teacher in the PRK in the 1990's.  The revisionist history even then made me want to have a one-on-one with the principal, let alone the fact they wanted me to learn Spanish as a teacher, vs. teaching the kids proper English.  That's not even counting the liberal crap they were filling the kids' minds with, it sickened me. In hindsight, I'd have loved to stay there and fight the system, but they were going to ban my AR-15 and Kalashnikov rifles - so I took an assignment to Florida. It was really too bad, for a while I was helping a really cute teacher, she felt the same way I did about what the school system was creating in the way of students, but she needed the money.  I should've rescued her from that location, vs. my now ex-wife.  Wink
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 06:30:16 AM »
Rich, you're doing it again.

Age brings experience, and experience viewed though the lens of intellect leads to wisdom.  But that does not mean that one who is merely 17 cannot have wisdom; it merely means that he has less experience from which to draw.  But a man with years of experience and a clouded intellect may nave no wisdom at all.

Consider that a man with 17+1 rounds in his Glock, and who shoots it sideways, may hit the mark occasionally, but will probably score less than a guy with a six-shooter and the patience to have studied.  Years are like cartridges.  Having more of them doesn't mean you'll be on target more; it just means you've got more chances to get it right.

So let's leave the ad-hominem "you're too young to have an opinion, kid" rhetoric out of it, and consider what Winston says on its merits rather than in the light of your august years and his relatively brief life experience.

Now.  To the question at hand:  

the push for homosexual marriage is DRIVEN by the desire to get medical benefits (heretofor primarily reserved for married couples and their dependent children...) for AIDS stricken gay men by "marrying" (either legitmately, or as a sham a la "Desperate Housewives") to pay for those expensive "drug cocktails" that keep them alive.
Cite, please.

the push for less gun control is DRIVEN by the desire to get cheap automatic weapons (heretofor primarily reserved for police and military personnel...) for criminals by "buying" (either legitmately, or as a sham a la "Straw Purchases") to steal property to pay for those expensive "drug cocktails" that keep them high.
Yes, I can pontificate baselessly as well.

I happen to work one desk away from a gay person, and my favorite double cousin also happens to be gay.
Knowing these two people gives you the authority on what gay people want, then?  Gosh.  I know an awful lot more black people than two.  I suppose that qualifies me to speak at the next NAACP meeting.

Yes?  So?  While in school, did you EVER have a 4-gigahertz computer sitting on your desk?  And so what if you did or did not?

People learn from things besides school.  In fact, the clever of wit use school to learn the mechanics of thought (reading, writing, mathematics) and learn what to think from other sources.

The reasons that gay people wish to get married are, by and large, exactly the same reasons that straight people want to get married:  They want to have their union legally recognised, they want the survivorship benefits, they want next-of-kin rights in situations where one partner is (for instance) in a hospital.  All of this makes perfect sense.  Currently it's possible for the family of a gay man to deny hospital access by the man's partner, because only "family" is allowed to decide who may and may not visit a patient.  That's wrong right there, because it denies gay couples equal protection under law.

The primary objections to gay marriage come from one of three premises:  religious/moral objections, "purpose of marriage" objections, and legal/financial objections.

The first come from the religious belief that homosexuality is wrong.  And that's ok, up to a point.  People have a right to believe that homosexuality is wrong.  And if they believe that, they ought not to engage in it, and then everyone would be happy.  Unfortunately many groups aren't happy just following their own rules; they have a psychological need to make sure everyone else is following their rules as well.

This brings me to the concept of "wrong".  In legal terms, there are two sorts of crimes one can commit.  One is called malum in se ("bad in fact").  This sort of crime is one that is wrong because it demonstrably infringes upon the rights or property of others (murder, for instance).  The other kind of crime is called malum prohibitum ("bad because it's prohibited").  Most traffic-related violations are of this type:  If you make an illegal U-turn, but don't cause an accident, you've commited a (minor) crime, but only because the law says you have.

The people who object to gay marriage on moral grounds are confusing the issue of malum in se and malum prohibitum.  They believe that homosexuality is, by its very nature, wrong, and they fail to understand that when two consenting adults choose to do something, it's not possible for malum in se to apply.  Because they're consenting.

The second sort of objection is the "purpose of marriage" objection.  It says that the purpose of marriage is to create children.  This one falls apart if you consider four people:  Jane, John, Mary, and Gary.  All of them are gay.  They've no interest in any kind of physical contact with anyone of the opposite sex.  Under current law, it's legal for Jane and John to marry, and also for Mary and Gary.  These would be legal unions, but there would be no children as a result.  The outcome would be identical if Mary and Jane were to get married, and Gary and John were to get married, yet this situation is not currently legal.

The "purpose" of marriage argument falls apart further when you consider that straight couples that are (for whatever reason) sterile (or even just choose not to have kids) are allowed to marry under current law.  And the final logical progression of the "purpose of marriage" argument is that once a woman reaches menopause, there's no further purpose to her being married, so her legal status as a spouse should be revoked.  There are examples and examples of why this argument is wrong, and these are just a few.

The last sort of objection to gay marriage is the legal/financial one, and these objections actually have a grain of merit behind them, until you look closer at them and realize that they're based on a false premise.

The argument goes like this:  If we allow gays to marry, then companies will have to extend insurance benefits to gay partners as they currently do to the spouses of straight employees.  Gay relationships are statistically more likely to be brief and casual, so this puts an undue burden on the insurance companies, since gay couples will likely get married just so one partner can share the other one's medical coverage.  This will drive costs up for everyone else, and is therefore not fair to them.  

The people who use this argument will point at companies who offer "domestic partner" coverage on their insurance, and will show how those companies have a higher cost of insurance than companies that do not offer these benefits.

The tricky part of this argument is that the premise is true:  Statistically, a gay relationship is more likely to be brief and temporary than a straight marriage is.  Fact.  The deceiving part is that this is a comparison of apples and fishies.  They're comparing all gay relationships with married straight relationships.  Of course the numbers are going to show a difference.  If the comparison was between all gay couples and all straight couples (married or not), the numbers would come out more evenly, because there are straight couples getting together and breaking up all the time, just as there are gay couples doing the same.

And the part about insurance costs for "domestic partner" benefits is 100% accurate, too.  Since domestic partnership does not carry any legal force, couples do "shack up" so that one can share the benefits of the other.  And since these benefits generally only apply to gay couples (straight couples can't get coverage unless they're married) there's a lower standard for who can get coverage, and straight couples end up having to pay more for insurance, which makes them upset, and rightly so.

The argument falls apart when you look at the fact that if gay marriage were legal, it would come with all of the legal hassles to get out of that straight marriage does; if gays could legally marry, and "domestic partner" benefits were removed (because now the gay partner would be covered under spousal coverage), the ability to "shack up" for bennies would no longer work; couples would not get together casually just so that one can share the coverage of the other, because they'd have to show a marriage certificate, and when one moved out, there'd have to be a legal divorce.

There's also the "slippery-slope" argument:  if we allow this form of "non-traditional" marriage, that opens the door to all manner of other sorts of "non-traditional" marriage:  polygamy, polyamoury, and so on.  If (for instance) a man can marry more than one other person, then all of those other people would legally be spouses, so they'd all have to be covered under insurance.  This would allow people to build "insurance communes", where one person has insurance, and he or she marries a whole bunch of people, and all of them get coverage, and this unfairly burdens that one person's company and co-workers.

This argument is correct, as far as it goes; just by sheer numbers, if poly marriages are allowed and given coverage benefits as monogamous spouses are, it would wreck the insurance industry.  But there's a simple solution to that as well:  Re-write the insurance laws so that only one person may be covered under spousal benefits.  Done.

Churches get very, very upset when the government tries to tell them what they can and cannot do.  They cry, "The church and the state must be separated!".  But the moment anyone appears to be doing something that goes against their own doctrine (but which is not malum in se), they want the government to pass laws based upon the definitions of right and wrong put forward in their own holy traditions.

The only possible solution that makes any sense is this:  Remove the word "marriage" from the legal lexicon.  The government shall no longer recognize "marriage" of any kind.  Instead, the government shall recognise a legal "civil union", which is basically a corporation set up between consenting adults.  The laws governing these unions, as far as next-of-kin and hospital visitation and so on, will be essentially the same as they are for legal marriage now.  But the government shall make no determination of who may or may not for such a union, except that the people entering it must be consenting, and of legal age.  The dissolution of such a union shall be just as legally rigorous as a divorce is under current law.  This will prevent "casual" civil unions from becoming an undue burden on the insurance industry.

Once this is accomplished, churches may perform a religious sacrament of marriage for whomever they choose.  If a church does not wish to allow gay couples to marry, it may refuse to marry them.  If a church does not wish to allow straight couples to marry, it may refuse to marry them.  Either way, such a religious union shall have no legal force whatsoever, and may be dissolved at any time by whatever means the particular church deems appropriate.

Couples wishing to join one another both spiritually and legally must do two things:  They must get married in whatever way their spiritual path indicates, and they must form a legal civil union.

Under this system, as now, a member of clergy shall be allowed to act as an officer of the court to ratify a legal civil union (as this is a matter more of licensing than of faith) just as a justice of the peace may.  In this way, a couple wishing to marry and form a legal union many do so all in one ceremony, just as now.  And just as now, a couple with no spiritual leanings may stand before a justice of the peace and become legally united.  And just as now, a couple may make vows before their gods (and before their clergy if they so choose) committing to one another in a spiritual sense, but making no legal connection.

Nothing changes under the new system that I suggest, except that the government no longer as a religiously-based moral code for saying which consenting adults may join together for a lifetime.

Done.  Next question?

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

DrAmazon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 06:32:15 AM »
I'd like to see someone in politics play Solomon on this issue and cut the baby in half. How?  By getting the government completely out of marriage and set it up that everyone gets "civil partnership", whether gay, straight etc.  It will be a partnership between two people that gives them all of the current civil benefits of marriage (insurance, medical decisions, tax benefits, child guardianship, auto insurance discounts, Costco card etc etc etc).  All who want one will go downtown for a civil partnership licence, then if you want to get "married" you do that in your Church, following all the various stipulations of your religion/denomination/sect.

This could have a lot of odd consequences and uses.  For example, my best friend has 4 kids.  If her husband died, she and I could civil partner so I could help her with her kids.  We're not lesbians, and wouldn't sleep together, but we could own a home together, I could adopt her kids, her gang could be on my insurance etc..

Could this be abused, sure it could.  But right now a lot of my gay friends that have been in long long term partnerships are really struggling with all of the issues that married people take for granted-for example buying a home, or dividing assets in the event of an ugly breakup.
Experiment with a chemist!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 06:39:17 AM »
"While in school, did you EVER:
8.  Hear anything BAD about Abraham Lincoln and the Union?"

I went to high school from 1979 to 1983.

To answer your questions...

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. No.

4. HELL yes. Detent with China.

5. Yes. Certainly helped along by the fact that during hunting season there were probably a dozen or more hunting rifles in the school lock up, which had be brought to school by students.

6. Hum... Good question, I honestly don't remember.

7. Yes.

8. Yes.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 06:40:44 AM »
Quote from: richyoung
All this talk and no one will acknowledge the 800 lb gorilla in the debate:  the push for homosexual marriage is DRIVEN by the desire to get medical benefits (heretofor primarily reserved for married couples and their dependent children...) for AIDS stricken gay men by "marrying" (either legitmately, or as a sham a la "Desperate Housewives") to pay for those expensive "drug cocktails" that keep them alive.  Apart from strong genuine moral reprehnsion at thte idea on the part of the majority (democracy's a real tough act when you can't convince a majority, huh nellies...) the bulk of the people realize their health insurance costs, which are already skyrocketing, will dramiatically increase even more.
Proof?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 06:47:15 AM »
Quote from: richyoung
Let me ask you the following:

8.  Hear anything BAD about Abraham Lincoln and the Union?
I was in school (NYC) from about 1974 to 1980.  The answer to all of them is a resounding NO.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 07:04:41 AM »
I didn't go to school, so I was able to form my own opinions on those issues Smiley
--Tallpine