Author Topic: The 2012 NCAA Tournament Thread  (Read 590 times)

cosine

• Administrator
The 2012 NCAA Tournament Thread
« on: March 17, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »
Just to head off what I know is coming... if sports aren't your thing, don't forget about the back button in the upper left corner of your browser.  :police:

Now that that's out of the way...

How about TWO #15 seeds knocking out two #2 seeds yesterday?  :O

Shameless Marquette cheering: Moving on to the Sweet 16 two consecutive years in a row.  =D  Yeah baby!  :cool:
I'm hoping Norfolk St. beats Florida tomorrow. Marquette will play one of those two in the Sweet 16, and they already beat Norfolk St. twice this year. Marquette just played a couple of very solid games Thursday and today, and Jae Crowder is on fire right now. I have high hopes for Marquette in the rest of the tournament.  [popcorn]
Andy

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: The 2012 NCAA Tournament Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 09:54:06 PM »
Glad that Missouri and Duke are gone.  As for hoping Norfolk gets by because Marquette has already beat them twice this season.  Be careful what you wish for.  Tough to beat a team three times in a row in a season.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 12:00:19 AM »
It was awesome to see Iowa State beat last year champ but it was painful watching KY hand it to us tonight in the 2nd half.

I like the tourny because lesser teams can do well. I wish football was done the same way instead of the BCS system.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 12:57:10 AM »
It was awesome to see Iowa State beat last year champ but it was painful watching KY hand it to us tonight in the 2nd half.

I like the tourny because lesser teams can do well. I wish football was done the same way instead of the BCS system.

Fixed it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!