Author Topic: stand your ground or is it neighborhood watch death squad?  (Read 96077 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: stand your ground or is it neighborhood watch death squad?
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2012, 03:02:43 AM »
When I was a taxi driver I gave up picking up any young person sporting the thug/gangbanger look.
Just to many problems.

Where some of them simply nice kids? Probably but if you dress like a thug you'll be treated as one by folks who have been mistreated by thugs.

I had zero problems with young African American teens/men with belts around their waist, not around their knees. If you think I need to see your underwear, don't expect me to trust you ... white/black whatever.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2012, 07:00:08 AM »
I have a Mossy Oak hoody.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2012, 07:46:32 AM »
Boy, the race pimps are out in force on this one.  They're all getting air time.  I fully expect race riots over this one as the protests spread.

I've stated that this thing stinks, based off the available information.  But I do not support lynching Zimmerman.  He, just like us all, deserves a fair investigation and, if there is enough evidence against him, a fair trial.
With no witnesses, I really don't see him being convicted.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2012, 11:52:28 AM »
I don't think CS&D is advocating that wearing a hoodie justifies getting shot up anymore than a woman wearing provocative clothes justifies a sexual assualt. I think he is pointing out the tendency of folks to associate certain characteristics/mannerisms/dress styles with certain stereotypes. Just because the tendency exist doesn't make it right.

If a person dresses like a farmer it isn't out of place for people to think he might be a farmer. If a person dresses like a gangbanger ( and I don't know for sure that the kid was dressed like a gangbanger) some people are going to assume that they are a gangbanger. Don't make it right but it just is.

And, as far as banning hoodies is concerned, if they try to do that I'll wear one everyday, weather permitting.

True to a point, but looking like a thug isn't valid reason to chase dimensions down and confront them.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »
True to a point, but looking like a thug isn't valid reason to chase dimensions down and confront them.
???   Does it matter if their metric or english dimensions ......  [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »
http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/911CallHistory.pdf

a real look at the types of calls zimmerman made

yet again reality differs from fantasy
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »
 ???  Neighbor left garage door open....he called 911 for that? :facepalm:

BTW they forgot to black out Zimmerman's phone number on page 2.   Jus' sayin'....... :police:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2012, 01:36:20 PM »
Calling the police over potholes, garage doors being open and stray dogs? How about a report on how many of those calls actually resulting in police action.

Yea the picture your painting is sure on reasonable guy. Not some dude on a strange lemme call 911 power trip who got tired of letting the professionals handle it and thought he knew better. Do you own any jeans C&D? I'd bet 100% of all crimes are committed by people wearing jeans, don't see to many booking photos of guys in slacks.  Can we use jeans as in indicator of criminal activity? Follow around people randomly who wear jeans?

This hoodie thing is just silly now go to any high school during the fall or winter and count how many students are wearing hoodies I'd bet its almost half of them, advocating that a extremely common item of clothing is an indication of "thugishness" is stupid.

What about those army hoodies? Are the people that wear them thugs? Should I consider them criminals? They are proudly representing an "armed gang" that kills thousands of people a year!!! /s
 >:D

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2012, 01:50:21 PM »
Boy, the race pimps are out in force on this one.  They're all getting air time.  I fully expect race riots over this one as the protests spread.

Can someone provide a link to all this? I keep seeing these claims being made yet haven't seen a single article calling for Zimmerman to be lynched to people to start rioting.

The only example I can think of is people saying that if it was a black 260 lbs man that shot a white 140 lbs teenager, he would have been arrested already and people calling for him to be arrested. Is that what your talking about?

I'm pissed because it doesn't seem like the police did any investigation, they just took Zimmerman's word on what happened. It seems people are pissed about that and that's why there calling for him to be arrested. I do think they should take their time and build a case but a few things come to mind, the fact that he wasn't drug or alcohol tested (which I've been told is standard, if police can't force a person to do so after a self defense shooting then I retract it) no one from FL police called Trayvon's girl friend in three weeks even though it his cell phone shows he was on the phone with her at the time of the confrontation. Or how about just matching up who's voice it is screaming for help on the 911 tape, how long does it take to do so, its been what almost a month now and not a word on that?

Yes people are pissed, and I think rightfully so but I don't see anyone calling for race riots.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2012, 02:18:57 PM »
Calling the police over potholes, garage doors being open and stray dogs? How about a report on how many of those calls actually resulting in police action.

Do note that these calls go back to 2004 and several of the pages are for a single call.

Neighborhood watch ain't exactly glamorous. (FTR, I don't participate in our formal NW program.  Too many irons in the fire, plus I do enough watching & calling on the weekends & evenings from my street corner working on the house, autos, etc.)

I make several calls for stray dogs alone per year.  Our house has some sort of, "Hi, I'm a dog and I'm lost.  I bet you'll take care of me and find my owners <wags tail>." magnetism going on. 

But, my big thing is calling on stop sign runners. (I live on a corner, I can judge by ear if an auto is going to run the sucker or hammer the brakes at the last second.)  If I can get the tag I call it in.  I've probably called in more of those than Zimmerman made calls of all sorts since 2004.  The only way to get police to come on out & do anything is be a pain in the tuckus and call in a whole lot.  They'll plant a cop near the corner and he'll spend his shift reeling them in.  The way I know my cop shop is not just a revenue generator but an actual peace-keeping organization is because they don't camp out there more often.  Those tickets run $200 a pop and don't take long to write up.  Open & shut case with dash cam.You'd think a stop sign inside a school zone in front of a school would get soem respect, but not hardly.

I'm pissed because it doesn't seem like the police did any investigation, they just took Zimmerman's word on what happened.

Just because Al Sharpton and the Chorus of Ignorance says so, don;t necessarily make it so.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

In my home state, EVERY homicide, no matter how unquestionably correct, goes to the grand jury.  If you get no-billed, you can;t be sued civally or some such.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2012, 02:59:16 PM »
Can someone provide a link to all this? I keep seeing these claims being made yet haven't seen a single article calling for Zimmerman to be lynched to people to start rioting.

From http://www.theblaze.com/stories/farrakhan-tweets-where-there-is-no-justice-there-will-be-no-peace-law-of-retaliation-may-be-applied/
"Where there is no justice, there will be no peace. Soon the law of retaliation may very well be applied,” Farrakhan wrote, including the hashtag #Trayvon to clarify the subject of his angst. “Let us see what kind of justice will come for his bereaved family and our bereaved community,” he said in the previous social media message:

Or how about this one - little more directly threatening:

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/11778354-wanted-dead-or-alive-poster-issued-for-george-zimmerman-by-new-black-panther-party

Yesterday afternoon at a press conference, the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense circulated a “wanted dead or alive” poster for George Zimmerman for shooting to death a Florida teenager four weeks ago
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »

The only example I can think of is people saying that if it was a black 260 lbs man that shot a white 140 lbs teenager, he would have been arrested already and people calling for him to be arrested. Is that what your talking about?

I'm pissed because it doesn't seem like the police did any investigation, they just took Zimmerman's word on what happened. It seems people are pissed about that and that's why there calling for him to be arrested. I do think they should take their time and build a case but a few things come to mind, the fact that he wasn't drug or alcohol tested (which I've been told is standard, if police can't force a person to do so after a self defense shooting then I retract it) no one from FL police called Trayvon's girl friend in three weeks even though it his cell phone shows he was on the phone with her at the time of the confrontation. Or how about just matching up who's voice it is screaming for help on the 911 tape, how long does it take to do so, its been what almost a month now and not a word on that?

Yes people are pissed, and I think rightfully so but I don't see anyone calling for race riots.

They never call for race riots.  It always starts as peaceful protests.
Links not necessary.  All it takes is to listen to the nearly non stop demands that he be arrested and convicted.  Been seeing it on the news damn near daily.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2012, 04:00:42 PM »
They never call for race riots.  It always starts as peaceful protests.

Like the Rodney King riots, I had friends at the San Francisco RK riot, they went there to protest & it quickly became an excuse to loot - by people totally unaffected by the King verdict - young white college grads on drugs who wanted a mob to loot with.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

• friends
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2012, 04:29:41 PM »
???  Neighbor left garage door open....he called 911 for that? :facepalm:

BTW they forgot to black out Zimmerman's phone number on page 2.   Jus' sayin'....... :police:

are they all 911 calls? i think they write a report on non emergency calls too.

garage door open when it wouldn't normally be is the kinda stuff they taught to watch for.

i called once (non 911)when i saw a trunk open in the middle of the night in a subdivision. the idea of a watch is folks who live in a hood notice anything "off"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »
In my town we have been asked to call 911 for anything that might require a police officers attention in a timely manner. The non emergency number does not go to a dispatcher. Being an emergency is not required for calling 911 in my town.

The police here  have a handout about ways of keeping your home safe and secure, it has boxes they check if they notice something that could be a concern. They noticed I left my garage open one night, checked that box and taped it to my door!

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

• friends
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2012, 04:46:53 PM »
they were racist! call al sharpton

• friends

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-24/news/os-trayvon-martin-new-black-panthers-protest-20120324_1_black-men-justice-new-black-panthers

nice  no violence here

Sounds like incitement to commit kidnapping, murder and possibly a hate crime. Offering the 10k bounty to commit crimes must run afoul of state and fed laws don't ya think? 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2012, 05:35:17 PM »
Looks like the Black Panthers have gone right past peaceful protests to conspiracy to commit at least kidnapping and possibly murder.   

I'm guessing the DOJ is gonna look the other way again.

Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

• friends
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »
from the rally in dc?
"It is hypocritical to get mad when the white man kills me but not when a black man kills me"

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2012, 11:49:19 PM »

Eh, this will likely get ugly.  Would not be surprised if the reaction death toll is higher than the original incident. 

If Zimmerman gets unlawfully detained or killed by New Black Panthers...   Yep.  Will be an interesting day
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2012, 01:32:36 PM »
Eh, this will likely get ugly.  Would not be surprised if the reaction death toll is higher than the original incident. 

If Zimmerman gets unlawfully detained or killed by New Black Panthers...   Yep.  Will be an interesting day

The "new black panthers" would only detain a weak,disabled,elderly or toddler - they want someone else to do the hard work of taking on the guy with a gun-likely the ten grand would never be seen either.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2012, 07:58:04 PM »
Let me make perfectly clear that I think that Zimmerman should be indicted and tried.  I'd like to see all the evidence presented and a jury decide his guilt or innocence.  But in my mind there is at least enough to indict him for either murder or manslaughter.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2012, 11:22:40 PM »
Looking more & more like a bad plagiarizing of Bonfire of the Vanities as more data comes out.

It would be a shame if Zimmerman were indicted not because of damning evidence, but because of political pressure.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton