Author Topic: Walk the Prank  (Read 2721 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Walk the Prank
« on: April 18, 2012, 10:44:11 AM »
Hey, at least it's not Colombian Hookers.....

The story of Ensign Chuck Hord, Lost at Sea 1908, and his picture in the Pentagon.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304750404577319952818130854.html

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

grampster

• friend
Re: Walk the Prank
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 01:26:17 PM »
I love pranks, especially if they are done under the noses of the snobbery.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 01:36:20 PM »
What took them so long?

To hang the portrait?

I'm pretty amazed that anybody even figured out it's unofficial status.

And I'm disappointed that anybody in on the original prank took it down.  Should have let the Pentagon weenies do the legwork to figure out the who and when.  By the time they did all the folks involved would most likely be retired, if not dead from old age.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 01:51:13 PM »
That's just *expletive deleted*ing awesome
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 01:56:19 PM »
That's just *expletive deleted* awesome

I concur.

They should make petition or something to sign for the portriate to stay hanging. Maybe with a rule that it must periodically be moved to diffrent locations.

I know the military and such has bunches of weird unofficial traditions, but there's nothing wrong with a new one.

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
I concur.

They should make petition or something to sign for the portriate to stay hanging. Maybe with a rule that it must periodically be moved to diffrent locations.

I know the military and such has bunches of weird unofficial traditions, but there's nothing wrong with a new one.

Considering it is still in the Pentagon it may just wind up on another wall somewhere.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 04:45:17 PM »

Definitely needs to be put back up.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 07:49:40 PM »
Anyone here have access to the office that the picture now resides?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 06:28:19 AM »
How did they damage it removing it from 1 screw?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 02:18:08 PM »

You are talking about bureaucrats in the Pentagon.  If they could do anything right they wouldn't be there.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 02:44:40 PM »
Perhaps it would also be good to hang portraits of recently fallen soldiers in spots throughout the Pentagon.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 03:44:02 PM »
Probably dropped it.
Look, tiny text!