Author Topic: 2013 Ford Shelby GT500  (Read 5758 times)

birdman

• friend
Re: 2013 Ford Shelby GT500
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 09:57:29 PM »
my 140HP, sub 400 lb motorcycle gets 36mpg :-D

3850lbs is the weight of the new GT500... 650hp

I'm 300 lbs.

Hmmm...

In the Mustang, total weight with my fatass in it would be 4150.... bike would be 700

Mustang power:weight would be 1:7.9

My motorcycle (which i'm about to sell for 6k...) 1:5

Yep. Screw cars.

Or...since I can't find a higher truly street legal, daily driver-able car better:
AMS Alpha Omega GTR...1500+ whp, so say, 1800 at the crank, 4000lbs with driver...
1:2.22
Makes my bike at 1:3 seem pokey :(

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 11:01:28 PM »
...The old man quietly said his Mustang was a North American.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 01:07:39 AM »
Or...since I can't find a higher truly street legal, daily driver-able car better:
AMS Alpha Omega GTR...1500+ whp, so say, 1800 at the crank, 4000lbs with driver...
1:2.22
Makes my bike at 1:3 seem pokey :(

I'll take your existing car, thanks.

!
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

erictank

• friends
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 05:48:56 AM »
LOL...  :laugh:

You're all over-thinking my post. I put it up there because of the twin references to "The FUTURRRRREEE" (Add some Theramin music here, or just the intentionally bombastic score for RoboCop, either will do.) and "Detroit is BACK" memes it contains. That's all. No actual comment on the quality or aspects of the new Mustang there.

I'm not a big "car guy". I just care that it gets me from point A to B in comfort, and stays out of the shop for several years. As an aside, I try not to support the UAW/Democrats either with my purchase. Although since I don't buy new cars, it's rather moot.

I do wish I had some kind of multi-fuel 4-wheel drive indestructible get-my-family-outta-here SHTF vehicle that could push/tow abandoned cars, be immune to rioters (or at least not high-center on their bodies) handle deep snow, and whatnot. However, if I actually had the kind of home/property where I could store, or even park such a vehicle, my need for it would be greatly ameliorated.

Such a vehicle would be very nice indeed. However, I've got to admit that I'm drooling over the GT500 in the OP.

my 140HP, sub 400 lb motorcycle gets 36mpg :-D

3850lbs is the weight of the new GT500... 650hp

I'm 300 lbs.

Hmmm...

In the Mustang, total weight with my fatass in it would be 4150.... bike would be 700

Mustang power:weight would be 1:7.9

My motorcycle (which i'm about to sell for 6k...) 1:5

Yep. Screw cars.

Accidents happen.  In a car, you've got a steel cage around you to absorb some (maybe all) of the impact. In a motorcycle...

I'm glad you like your bike. Seems like it'd be fun, even. But I like something that keeps the rain off, and which will protect me in the event of a crash. If I'd been on a bike back in early October of last year when that idiot woman blew the red light, I'd quite possibly be dead now - and that incident happened DESPITE my doing everything right. So my personal requirements rule out my using a motorcycle for a daily-driver or even routine entertainment driving.  YMMV, quite obviously.

...The old man quietly said his Mustang was a North American.

That was an AWESOME story.  And yeah, I'd love one of those, too!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:55:06 AM by erictank »