Author Topic: Paul vs Paul  (Read 1091 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Paul vs Paul
« on: April 30, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zahc

• friend
Re: Paul vs Paul
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:41:17 PM »
Krugman "won", because his message is easier to take.

Paul is right, but the average viewer will always go with the man selling the snake oil.

It's the same with the guy selling magic diet pills vs. the guy selling diet and exercise. The magic diet pills win, just like big government and more inflation wins over fiscal responsibility. The irony is that the current monetary policy is stealing wealth from the middle class, which makes it a pretty admirable scam.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:35:04 AM »
Having read more than one of his guest editorials in the local paper, I've concluded that if Paul Krugman were an alcoholism counselor, his treatment plan would be called "Drink Yourself Sober" . . . keep guzzling booze until you dry out.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 01:46:35 PM »
1. Does anybody but me think that Krugman didn't study at all for this debate? He did not even know Ron Paul isn't, actually, an advocate for a classic gold standard.

2. Krugman's mouth remained open throughout, even when he wasn't speaking. This made him look ridiculous.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 01:47:52 PM »
2. Krugman's mouth remained open throughout, even when he wasn't speaking.

Well he is a mouth breathing *expletive deleted*tard...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 01:47:13 AM »
Who's the girl?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife