Author Topic: New assault on CA gun owners - new AWB in the pipeline  (Read 1606 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
New assault on CA gun owners - new AWB in the pipeline
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »
 A creepy critter is introducing new legislation in response to a CBS news "sweeps weeks" story about the "bullet button" a device that has been making AR's available (to CA residents )  for 5 or 6 yrs now.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7307628
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: New assault on CA gun owners - new AWB in the pipeline
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »

Yea.  Won't that likely lead to Cali laws being completely overturned?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:58:27 PM »

SSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:cool: :angel: [popcorn]

please don't throw me into that briar patch!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:17:26 PM by gunsmith »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 06:24:38 PM »
Dang it, Hoffman spilled the beans right in the story! 

But if it ends up that CA's laws get yoinked by the SC....   We're gonna have to set up a bunch of people on the Oregon border armed to the teeth so the hoplophobes won't come running screaming into our state.....  And then try to turn it into CA......  Figure they see a bunch of people with everything from .22's to an M2HB and they'll turn right back around....  =D
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 06:29:16 PM »

Maybe. As might the ban on (unloaded) OC and CC be setting them up for some slam-dunk Heller challenges.

However, I suspect it'll take SAF/CATO or just Gura feeling like taking CA on in a moment of inspiration over his morning coffee to get it done.

The MAIN problem in CA is that both houses of CA's legislature are largely apportioned by population, so the CA Senate has little ability, or desire to act as a brake on their Assembly, both being packed largely by urban liberals.

If you look at the state's district map, you'll see why any legislative reversals of anti-gun measures just isn't going to happen.

The SECONDARY problem is that (Cough... APS shares rack-space with them, no?) Calguns has it's head so far up it's own ass pursuing "third-way" politics, trying to strike some balance between being pro-gun, yet hating on conservative Republicans, and sniping at the other state-level RKBA groups, and the NRA, and other distractions like all that time they spent carrying water for Ben Canon and the GPal scam, so even assuming the legislative deck wasn't irreparably stacked against them, they just aren't that effective.  =|

I promise not to duck.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 07:04:07 PM »

How so?  You mean, like what might happen in Ill-i-noise?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.