Author Topic: Voter Fraud Is A Myth  (Read 7275 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Voter Fraud Is A Myth
« on: May 16, 2012, 07:53:35 AM »
Or not:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/15/new-okeefe-video-exposes-non-citizens-on-voter-rolls-in-nc-voter-fraud-comfort-at-unc/

Conservative filmmaker James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas released a new video on Tuesday that contains several stabs at voter fraud in North Carolina.

One part demonstrates that non-U.S. citizens living in the United States can register to vote by falsely claiming to be citizens — and have done so — and that those illegally registered voters can obtain ballots at polling places.

Public records also show that one of those individuals cast votes in North Carolina in 2008 and 2010.

That part of the video focuses on two North Carolinians who submitted jury duty forms asking to be excused on the grounds that they are not citizens. But their voter registrations appear valid, and state election workers offered their ballots to actors shown in the film.

Another part of the video shows University of North Carolina officials, when told of a Democrat-friendly election fraud scheme purportedly committed by a student and his friends, encouraged the crime instead of doing anything to stop it.

That part shows an actor, posing as fictitious UNC student “Jason Rainier,” discussing the election fraud scheme with Assistant Dean of Students for Community Relations Dean Blackburn, and with LGBTQ Center Director Terri Phoenix.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist."
----Baudelaire, Charles
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Voter Fraud Is A Myth
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 08:03:11 AM »
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist."
----Baudelaire, Charles

Liberals are not convinced that voter fraud doesn't happen. They know it happens and they know it benefits them. This is why they fight so hard whenever anything is done to constrain voter fraud.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »
Liberals are not convinced that voter fraud doesn't happen. They know it happens and they know it benefits them. This is why they fight so hard whenever anything is done to constrain voter fraud.

We / non-degenerate citizenry = the world
Leftists = the Devil

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 08:15:10 AM »
We / non-degenerate citizenry = the world
Leftists = the Devil

Ahhh, ok. See I grew up in Illinois and everyone there is well aware voter fraud exists. I suppose in most other areas it isn't so blatant or well known.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 08:32:56 AM »
In WI during the last few elections, and very likely for for Walker recall election next month, they have been bussing thousands of union operatives into our state, putting them up in hotels for the minimum residency requirement (Which is 1 month IIRC), then registering and voting.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 08:53:22 AM »
Ahhh, ok. See I grew up in Illinois and everyone there is well aware voter fraud exists. I suppose in most other areas it isn't so blatant or well known.
Does voter fraud exist? Duh. (I grew up in Chicago.) But it shows up in other places too.

Remember California Congressman Bob Dornan? Several election cycles ago he lost his seat by less than 1000 votes - a post-election canvassing turned up hundreds of votes definitely cast by illegal aliens, and nearly 5000 more that were "questionable" but the investigation was dropped.

Al Franken from Minnesota . . . initially he lost, but the recount gave him a razor-thin margin of victory . . . a recount in which dozens of precincts reported more votes cast than people who voted. But Franken is still one of Minnesota's senators.  :facepalm:

This.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 10:00:38 AM »

if you believe that voter fraud is only happening on one side of the ballots, i've got a nice bridge to sell you.  in a local election we had one conservatives total conveniently doubled to make him the winner.  maybe intentional, maybe not. 
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 10:04:07 AM »

if you believe that voter fraud is only happening on one side of the ballots, i've got a nice bridge to sell you.  in a local election we had one conservatives total conveniently doubled to make him the winner.  maybe intentional, maybe not. 

I believe that voter fraud benefits one side far more than the other.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 10:18:49 AM »

FIFY

Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 10:48:33 AM »

Geronimotwo is right. Remember the Bush election? Yes, I know, the politically correct conservative POV is it was totally legit, and not rigged whatsoever when his brother was governor, the female that made the vote call was his election co-chair, and SCOTUS judges installed by his father did not recuse themselves. Diebold Election Systems was another source of voter fraud. Jim March posts here. Ask him if Diebold did or did not contribute to election fraud.

I can believe in magic unicorn farts as the key to alternative energy displacing conventional sources for the US grid. Doesn't mean it's wholly accurate. If you believe voter fraud by Democrats is common, and voter fraud by Republicans is solely or majority evil liberal propaganda, you're exactly equal in morality to the persons you dislike. Both sides rig elections.

- APS libertarian Democrat
Annoying both sides since 1999.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:52:25 AM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 10:51:55 AM »
Geronimotwo is right. Remember the Bush election? Yes, I know, the politically correct conservative POV is it was totally legit, and not rigged whatsoever when his brother was governor, the female that made the vote call was his election co-chair, and SCOTUS judges installed by his father did not recuse themselves. I can believe in magic unicorn farts as the key to alternative energy displacing conventional sources for the US grid. Doesn't mean it's wholly accurate.

If you believe voter fraud by Democrats is common, and voter fraud by Republicans is solely or majority evil liberal propaganda, you're exactly equal in morality to the persons you dislike.

- APS libertarian Democrat
Annoying both sides since 1999.

You actually believe voter fraud occured in the 2000 Florida election when even the liberal media that went back over the election results using Al Gore's preferred recount method and found that he still lost?

I believe that the actions by the Supreme Court prevented voter fraud in Florida.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 10:55:13 AM »
You actually believe voter fraud occured in the 2000 Florida election when even the liberal media that went back over the election results using Al Gore's preferred recount method and found that he still lost?

I believe that the actions by the Supreme Court prevented voter fraud in Florida.

Whoops, forgot. I made a politically incorrect comment. Yes, I completely agree and there was nothing fishy whatsoever. Evil liberal media totally made up all the fishy parts.

All hail political correctness!  Burn Jim March at the stake for his evil liberal heresy! Purge the nonbelievers!

=D
 ;)

Edit: I am actually making a joking reference. Yes, I do believe there were irregularities and unethical insider behavior. But I concede the issue because I know it's not polite to bring up. Akin to starting a 1911 vs glock thread. Filthy glock heretics obviously should be purged as well!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:59:28 AM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »
Geronimotwo is right. Remember the Bush election? Yes, I know, the politically correct conservative POV is it was totally legit, and not rigged whatsoever when his brother was governor, the female that made the vote call was his election co-chair, and SCOTUS judges installed by his father did not recuse themselves. Diebold Election Systems was another source of voter fraud. Jim March posts here. Ask him if Diebold did or did not contribute to election fraud.

That election also brought new terms into household useage such as pregnant and hanging chads.

In my state, only one side of the aisle is fighting tooth and nail to prevent ID verification at the polls from taking effect- can you guess which side does not want IDs (did I mention the state IDs are free?).

All hail political correctness!  Burn Jim March at the stake for his evil liberal heresy! Purge the nonbelievers!

IIRC, the counties that were in controversy- Broward and Dade, used the old punch card system, not the eeeevil Diebold machines.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:06:00 AM by brimic »

Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
Edit: I am actually making a joking reference. Yes, I do believe there were irregularities and unethical insider behavior. But I concede the issue because I know it's not polite to bring up. Akin to starting a 1911 vs glock thread. Filthy glock heretics obviously should be purged as well!

Has nothing to do with politeness. I wish everyone who believed this would bring it up. Makes sorting much easier.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 11:52:37 AM »
Filthy glock heretics obviously should be purged as well!

Hey now; easy killer.  ;)

Has nothing to do with politeness. I wish everyone who believed this would bring it up. Makes sorting much easier.

Indeed.  Same reason I kept an eye on the gay marriage threads.

On voter fraud:  I have a hard time reconciling how ID is required to exercise one right specifically enumerated in the constitution (2A), and yet shouldn't be required for another (voting).  These seem like contradictory positions; I don't understand how one can hold both at the same time.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »
On voter fraud:  I have a hard time reconciling how ID is required to exercise one right specifically enumerated in the constitution (2A), and yet shouldn't be required for another (voting).  These seem like contradictory positions; I don't understand how one can hold both at the same time.

Or 4473s, or State Police background checks (as required for handgun purchases in my state), or Form 1s.
I'd be willing to meet the left in the middle and call a State issued ID to be enough for voting or for buying something suppressed with da switch.

Barack Obama

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
Whoops, forgot. I made a politically incorrect comment. Yes, I completely agree and there was nothing fishy whatsoever. Evil liberal media totally made up all the fishy parts.

=D
 ;)

You might have a point if the Diebold machines were being used in the precincts of controversy or the recounts by the media orgs supported shenanigans.

It is inconvenient for your argument that all the media recounts were in Bush the Lesser's favor.

FTR:
1. I am in agreement with JM on the inadvisability of using the Diebold machines.  I also insist on open source for such sensitive implementations.
2. I voted big "L" libertarian in 2000, so my boy didn't win.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 12:22:26 PM »
Also, wasn't the intial Supreme Court decision to tell the Florida Supreme Court they were wrong unanimous?  I believe it was 9-0 that it was improper, but the follow up to tell them how to do the recount was split.  
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:26:24 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 12:24:54 PM »
I agree.  I wish people would list out all the facts and events they really think happened so we can go through them and determine fact from myth/opinion.  I would much rather see that discussion and constant veiled references and accusations.  That goes for a lot of subjects.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 03:59:48 PM »
That election also brought new terms into household useage such as pregnant and hanging chads.
I remember things were a bit . . . contentious . . . about whether or not an unpunched card ought to be counted. Quite often the answer came as the result of a vote by three "judges" who decided whether or not to count a particular ballot based on a perceived dimple - or lack of a dimple. Often their voting was 2-1 . . .

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 04:53:24 PM »

i couldn't view the video but the interesting part is that, in this article, the first person did not commit voter fraud, but rather lied on his jury card.  the second person was voting for newt gingrich, and yet we blame the liberals?

(eta: sorry, i am one of the first to complain that gingrich and romney are less than conservative, and yet i always equate the term liberal with the democrats!)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:20:50 PM by geronimotwo »
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »
It is common in my state (AL), as recognized by a former Democrat congressman representing the Birmingham area, Artur Davis.  See http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/11/former-rep-artur-davis-on-nh-voter-fraud-is-common/

The favorite practice is to troll in poor, rural areas, offering cash for signatures on absentee ballot requests.  Works every time.  Back in 2000, Gore got something like 105% of the votes in Greene county.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 06:51:23 PM »
I do believe that both parties actively engage in voter fraud.  That being said, if an R is caught engaging in such, the media is sure to plaster it everywhere they can.  If a D is caught doing same, it tends to get a, shall we say, much less vigorous response from the media.   
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 09:11:03 PM »

But I concede the issue because I know it's not polite to bring up.

Translated: he has nothing of actual substance that would have changed the results of the election.

He will just pretend that he is humoring us and could bury us with facts if he wanted.

If you are going to make assertions and attempt to demean those that don't agree with you then back it up.

Your clever banter and carefully crafted online persona do not automatically win debates.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 09:30:53 PM »
The favorite practice is to troll in poor, rural areas, offering cash for signatures on absentee ballot requests.

That's exactly what they do in my state. The latest was SEIU throwing a block party/BBQ in the Milwaukee ghetto and giving people rides to the polling stations.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/126558543.html
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2011/08/03/ribs-recalls-and-reality-milwaukee-blacks-wined-dined-for-votes/
This has been going at least since the Bush/Gore election when Dem operatives were trading packs of cigarettes for votes.

http://cnsnews.com/node/26533

As far as republican voter fraud in my state its completely unheard of. If there were, it would be all over the hard left-leaning news outlets and I would be equally disgusted by the fraud. What happens in other states may vary.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:35:01 PM by brimic »

Barack Obama