Author Topic: T-Rex Had Feathers  (Read 4890 times)

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
T-Rex Had Feathers
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:57:52 PM »

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: T-Rex Had Feathers
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:03:02 PM »
This is not new news.

And it has been used by some folks in defending their dislike of chicken.  (Personally I think yardbird tastes just like lizard.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 09:09:31 PM »
Just more proof that chickens are evil.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »
And it has been used by some folks in defending their dislike of chicken.  (Personally I think yardbird tastes just like lizard.)

I once ate some lizard that tasted like chicken. Better, actually.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 09:38:15 PM »
yer mom has feathers
7-11 was a part time job.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 10:04:16 PM »
Just more proof that chickens are evil.

Chickens are "eh".  Turkeys are evil.

(I have a vivid memory of having been chased by one as a little boy.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 10:04:42 PM »
"Tastes like narn."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 10:21:07 PM »
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 10:38:13 PM »
If dinosaurs had feathers, KFC would have found a way to resurrect them & add them to the menu....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 10:42:17 PM »
Chickens are "eh".  Turkeys are evil.

(I have a vivid memory of having been chased by one as a little boy.)

Ever been up close to an emu?
My daughters horse was batcrap crazy scared of emus. She would run herself through a 5 wire barb wire fence getting away from the one that lived down the road when it managed to get out. The 4th or 5th time the damn thing came around I grabbed my shot gun and popped a round in the air while standing about 5 feet away from it just trying to scare it away. It looked at me, blinked twice and strolled away. The owner came down the road following it. About 15 minutes later I hear a shot, then he comes driving back up the road, blood running from a gash in his head and from one in his arm with the emu dead in the back of his truck.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 11:23:21 PM »
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/04/yutyrannus-huali-feathers/
At least, a variant had feathers.
This is not new news.

And it has been used by some folks in defending their dislike of chicken.  (Personally I think yardbird tastes just like lizard.)

stay safe.

Michael Crighton in his Jurassic Park novel portrayed a young T-Rex has having plummage, so this goes back maybe 20+ years.  More recently it has been discovered how to determine what the color of these feathers actually were, so it won't be too long before we can actually reconstruct an image of what a dinosaur actually looked like rather than just an artistic guess at what they  have looked like.

"Taste like chicken?"      :laugh:

"Does one serve red wine or white wine with plesiosaur?" ~~ actress Susan Penhaligon in 1975's "The Land That Time Forgot." [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 09:03:40 AM »
Ever been up close to an emu?
My daughters horse was batcrap crazy scared of emus. She would run herself through a 5 wire barb wire fence getting away from the one that lived down the road when it managed to get out. The 4th or 5th time the damn thing came around I grabbed my shot gun and popped a round in the air while standing about 5 feet away from it just trying to scare it away. It looked at me, blinked twice and strolled away. The owner came down the road following it. About 15 minutes later I hear a shot, then he comes driving back up the road, blood running from a gash in his head and from one in his arm with the emu dead in the back of his truck.
Some years back, the market for emu collapsed and emu farmers decided they were going to get rid of their birds. Well, this is TEXAS, and there are various BEvERages available. So they came up with an innovative way of dealing with the birds.

Consider this picture from the John Wayne movie, Hatari!

Now, in your mind's eye, replace the lariat with a Samurai sword . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 10:20:35 AM »
Some years back, the market for emu collapsed and emu farmers decided they were going to get rid of their birds. Well, this is TEXAS, and there are various BEvERages available. So they came up with an innovative way of dealing with the birds.

Consider this picture from the John Wayne movie, Hatari!

Now, in your mind's eye, replace the lariat with a Samurai sword . . .

I just want that old Chevy pickup  :cool:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 10:21:50 PM »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 09:57:48 PM »
Back in college I took a 100 level Bio lecture course.  I was known for two things in class:

- Taking good notes and publishing them online linked up with the prof's study guide.. and..
- Sleeping in class

One day when I was sleeping I roused when the prof had asked the class at least 3 times what evolutionary descendants of the dinosaurs are still with us.  I picked my head up, shook the cobwebs out, raised my hand and said "Chickens!"

There was considerable laughter.  Sleeping dude must have been confused.

Nope, prof said I was right, but he figured somebody would have named a reptile instead.  He explained the similarities and I went back to sleep.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 03:11:15 AM »
Having grown up around domesticated poultry I say this... "Chickens put the word 'birdbrained' into the domesticated poultry dictionary of 'birdbrained"

They are very very clever at catching bugs, grubs, worms and such. They are utterly reptilian in having any empathy whatsoever for any other living creature...including chickens...dead or injured chicken = eaten chicken
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 09:02:50 AM »
Having grown up around domesticated poultry I say this... "Chickens put the word 'birdbrained' into the domesticated poultry dictionary of 'birdbrained"

They are very very clever at catching bugs, grubs, worms and such. They are utterly reptilian in having any empathy whatsoever for any other living creature...including chickens...dead or injured chicken = eaten chicken

Very true.  ;)

Our neighbors have some chickens with frilly feather bonnets on top of their heads.  Those things make regular barnyard chickens look like geniuses   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 10:46:40 AM »
So. I'm wondering if chicken tastes like dinosaur and if what we really should be saying when someone asks what something tastes like is "Tastes like dinosaur."

=D
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe