Author Topic: Jim March is awesome in Arizona  (Read 2830 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Jim March is awesome in Arizona
« on: May 24, 2012, 02:22:41 PM »
http://www.pixiq.com/article/arizona-election-officials-call-cops-on-man-recording-them

Actually, it is, in fact, legal to record public officials in AZ. >:D [ar15]
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Jim March is awesome in Arizona
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 04:01:03 PM »
Good on him for stiring the pot... but wow, that video was sucked.  "Quick, cut to black and white and slow it down to make it more dramatic!"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »
Good on him for stiring the pot... but wow, that video was sucked.  "Quick, cut to black and white and slow it down to make it more dramatic!"

Immediate upload over a cell network (assuming you've got the signal and the bandwidth) to a secure offsite server would also be golden, just in case.

And stuff like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DI7F76/ref=s9_simh_gw_p107_d2_g107_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0Y583QKEJTD3NHN9GEWA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846 As it improves.. it's going to be a Good 'Ol Louisiana "game changa, that's never been done befoe." in these circumstances.

I promise not to duck.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 05:54:29 PM »
Immediate upload over a cell network (assuming you've got the signal and the bandwidth) to a secure offsite server would also be golden, just in case.

I've often thought that would be a good app for android; live upload of feed to a server... somewhere else.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:45:42 PM »

And stuff like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DI7F76/ref=s9_simh_gw_p107_d2_g107_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0Y583QKEJTD3NHN9GEWA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846 As it improves.. it's going to be a Good 'Ol Louisiana "game changa, that's never been done befoe." in these circumstances.

In the comments, Jim explains that he actually did have a second, hidden camera doing exactly that.  The big camera was there specifically to draw attention away from his smart phone, which was also recording straight to a server in Sweden. That way, if they decided to do any erasing or smashing, they'd still be screwed.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 11:21:16 PM »
Good on Jim.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »
In the comments, Jim explains that he actually did have a second, hidden camera doing exactly that.  The big camera was there specifically to draw attention away from his smart phone, which was also recording straight to a server in Sweden. That way, if they decided to do any erasing or smashing, they'd still be screwed.

Try DOUBLY or TRIPLY screwed. Since the video of THAT would be over in Sweeden, and then up on YouTube post-haste.  =D
I promise not to duck.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »
Here's a good discreet camera that you can have hidden in plain sight, just keep your car keys in your off hand. I've got two of them and the video isn't bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300591845755

We taped one to the bottom of a friends R/C quadrotor and flew it around the hangar, here's the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhO-P-61pNU
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »
1.5 hours, $8.50.  Very interesting.  One could do all kinds of stealthy things with that.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »
Just be very careful of the vendors you buy the keychain cameras from.  While the cameras all look the same, quality varies widely from vendor to vendor. There is a very small number of eBay vendors for those cameras that are truly reliable and will deliver a quality product.
There is a great thread on an R/C board with information on those cameras, including reliable eBay sources for a true HD version around $40 bucks.  I'd be happy to provide links/vendor names/etc. for those interested.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 02:16:59 AM »
Amazingly good quality with slow panning!
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.