Author Topic: Bloomberg protects New Yorkers from themselves  (Read 8940 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Bloomberg protects New Yorkers from themselves
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 07:25:21 AM »
I don't suppose New Yorkers will finally decide they've had a a bellyful of him because of this, will they?  I do know from living there for my first 22 years that NYC-ers are kind of slavelike with respect to Authority's authority.

"You can't fight City Hall" was a catchphrase all through my formative years back then.

Terry, 230RN 

Two words:  David Dinkins.

NYC could do worse, and has.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »
I don't suppose New Yorkers will finally decide they've had a a bellyful of him because of this, will they?  I do know from living there for my first 22 years that NYC-ers are kind of slavelike with respect to Authority's authority.

"You can't fight City Hall" was a catchphrase all through my formative years back then.

Terry, 230RN 

Well, it is the city of Tammany Hall.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 09:24:45 AM »
Why fight City Hall when it feeds you?  NYC is the living playbook of The Left.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
Why fight City Hall when it feeds you?  NYC is the living playbook of The Left.

That expains a lot about the way Denver is heading.  Circuses and bread and Tammany Hall-type patronage.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:21:08 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 11:33:30 AM »
I've been saying for years that it's just a matter of time before the gov tries to force us to eat broccoli - enforce our diets in some form or fashion - because IT'S FOR OUR OWN GOOD. And justify it in that it costs the system too much money to have fat slender-challenged less-than-healthy folks running around. This seems like a start. If this passes, it sets a precedent and becomes "the norm" like so many other things that would be ridiculous if they weren't so dangerous to our liberty. Where does it end?

America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 11:39:10 AM »
I've been saying for years that it's just a matter of time before the gov tries to force us to eat broccoli - enforce our diets in some form or fashion - because IT'S FOR OUR OWN GOOD. And justify it in that it costs the system too much money to have fat slender-challenged less-than-healthy folks running around. This seems like a start. If this passes, it sets a precedent and becomes "the norm" like so many other things that would be ridiculous if they weren't so dangerous to our liberty. Where does it end?

"Eat your vegetables, Tommy - or you will get sent to Gitmo." 
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 12:48:27 AM »
Careful. I'm sure "Gitmo" is on the list of watch-words. They're listening to you now Tallpine.

Hope they hear this loud and clear: I'll show you Gitmo.

=D
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 12:50:43 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 10:17:41 AM »
More infantilization of minorities by the meddling class.  Strap 'em in the high chair and spoon-feed the little ones.  Everbody happy, especially those with the big spoons.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 12:27:28 PM »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 12:56:21 PM »
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:02:00 PM by adively »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »
/Lee Van Cleef/"OK, Plissken, you've got 24 hours to sneak into the city and retrieve the last functioning popcorn machine and soda fountain."/Lee Van Cleef. :facepalm:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 01:05:19 PM »
/Lee Van Cleef/"OK, Plissken, you've got 24 hours to sneak into the city and retrieve the last functioning popcorn machine and soda fountain."/Lee Van Cleef. :facepalm:

:rofl:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 05:14:52 PM »
Let's see, you can buy a quart of beer or a bottle of wine and you can't buy a 20 oz Coke.  Something is out of wack.  But don't touch my popcorn!  Bloomberg needs to retire before he gets even more full of himself.

One of the big criticims my older brother had for George W. Bush was that he sometimes seemed like he believed he was a messenger from God and had to save the world from itself.  Bloomberg seems to fit that MO.  My brother voted for Obama and I suspect he will vote for him again which is beyond my comprehension.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2012, 03:55:24 PM »
all i know is, if i even kinda looked like bloomberg, i wouldn't eat or drink anything, i didn't cook myself in NYC. [tinfoil]