Author Topic: homer simpson voice -stupid myspace!  (Read 1310 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
homer simpson voice -stupid myspace!
« on: June 06, 2006, 01:23:19 PM »
myspace deleted my account! really sucks as I had built up a bunch of cool contacts including folks I have not been in contact with for 30 years!
my only guess is they did it because I lean toward conservative.
there was no warning or attempt to discuss what ever they felt it was neccessary to delete me for....

what a bunch of dirtbags!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 01:30:23 PM »
Were you publishing a lot of controversial statements, or things that could be construed as racist, hateful, etc.?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 01:46:27 PM »
I guess being pro life and admitting to voting for GW and being a gun owner can be constued as hateful.
but gee whiz it was tame compared to all the crap I got for it.

myspace is run by a bunch of cretins
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 06:57:22 PM »
Are they known to shut down conservative pages?  That would be pretty sad, considering the trash that they do allow.

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 07:06:15 PM »
A friend of mine was shut months ago, and I can tell you he was as liberal as you are conservative.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, and he never received an explanation to it either.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 04:53:27 AM »
Quote from: Vodka7
A friend of mine was shut months ago, and I can tell you he was as liberal as you are conservative.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, and he never received an explanation to it either.
ant there is the key. It isnt *what* you believe that is the problem. The issue is that you actually have strong opinions, which innevitiably will offend someone with an opossing opinion. Myspace is allergic to anything even remotely controversial.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 08:41:33 AM »
Quote from: c_yeager
Myspace is allergic to anything even remotely controversial.
That's funny, considering they're one of the more controversial websites around.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 09:20:35 AM »
That's funny, considering they're one of the more controversial websites around.
How so? :/
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 09:37:37 AM »
Quote from: Dionysusigma
Just a guess, child molesters use it to find dates.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 10:01:30 AM »
Quote from: StopTheGrays
Quote from: Dionysusigma
Just a guess, child molesters use it to find dates.
Child molesters use the local park to find dates too, does that make the sand box and the swingset controversial?

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 10:16:27 AM »
It's considered controversial because kids are posting ALOT of intimate and detailed personal information on their spaces.
Not only is that appealing to child stalkers, but to identity thieves as well.

You don't see too many kids in the park with signs on their backs, stating detailed private information.

It's also controversial due to the several "columbine" discussions and hit lists that have been posted on it.
I don't agree with kids being charged for crimes they didn't commit simply from something that was stated on a website.
What ever happened to being able to express fantacies and ideas.  Many of us may have had conversations that would be deemed "hate speech" or "hate mongering" that we would never consider actually following through on.  
What if the kid is considering writing scripts for hollywierd.
So much for the concept of free thought.

Personally I think the whole myspace thing as rather dumb.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 01:18:12 PM »
I had gotten in touch with old friends I had lost touch with a long time ago and
met interesting people in my new town that I didn't know people in.

I even ran across a friend from my old town , she was feeling suicidal and I called her up
and she is doing much better.

As a single guy who doesn't drink or smoke in a town dedicated to it
it has been a great way to meet single women, I've met lots of women my own age and
younger/older on it

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 05:36:31 PM »
Quote from: veloce851
It's considered controversial because kids are posting ALOT of intimate and detailed personal information on their spaces.
Not only is that appealing to child stalkers, but to identity thieves as well.

It's also controversial due to the several "columbine" discussions and hit lists that have been posted on it.
I've heard nothing about identity theft, but the rest of it is being discussed.  I've also been hearing about schools monitoring what students post on sites such as myspace.  This has got some parents upset, not to mention the whiney little young-un's.  All I said is that it is more controversial than other sites, and I don't hear much controversey over other websites, so there you go.

Quote from: veloce851
You don't see too many kids in the park with signs on their backs, stating detailed private information.
With what a lot of girls are wearing (or not wearing) to the park, they may as well be.

gaston_45

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 07:35:15 PM »
My page is still up and I have links to the Penn and Teller Bullshit episodes on both gun control and the war on drugs(they call both bullshit).  Those links have been up for all but the first month or so I had the page up( to educate some left leaning girls in one of my classes... seems the new to college set are really into myspace).  It must be random because my page is still there.

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 06:18:12 AM »
With what a lot of girls are wearing (or not wearing) to the park, they may as well be.
Good point.. it amazes me that 14yo girls look like 18yo whores.
Thanks, total lack of parenting and Britney.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

chaim

• friend
    • http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 08:09:49 AM »
It isnt *what* you believe that is the problem. The issue is that you actually have strong opinions, which innevitiably will offend someone with an opossing opinion
It must be random because my page is still there.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they aren't anti-conservative or anti-liberal, and I don't think it is random either.  I think anything political is eventually going to offend someone as c_yeager said.  If it offends enough, or the right, someones eventually someone will complain.  I think they base their decisions about shutting down sites on complaints, if you get enough complaints you may be shut down (I'm only guessing, but I'd put some money on this one).
Come visit my MSN Group: Taurus Talk
http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw