Author Topic: So is Rand Paul a sellout or a visionary  (Read 14269 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: So is Rand Paul a sellout or a visionary
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2012, 03:23:31 PM »
I think you're describing "meh," not "massively unlikeable." Not that I have a dog in the fight.

Well, lotta liberals will hate him because he's a rich white guy. A lotta conservatives will hate him for Romneycare, abortion flipflops etc. And the dude presents like a cyborg so not too many folks will find a personality driven likeability as I mentioned before.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2012, 03:32:35 PM »
You don't see a shift in GOP party power away from some of the entrenched interests? As badly as the establishment wanted Romney to get the nod it took forever for the field of losers competing with him to drop off precisely because folks so much want someone who isn't establishment.

For Rand Paul to be nominated in 2016 it would take a very rapid shift to occur in merely four years.

Mind, I expect improvements, I just don't expect them to be a) This rapid and b) in this specific shape.

It's also a bit outlandish to expect to be able to predict who the nominee is four years out.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2012, 03:37:40 PM »
For Rand Paul to be nominated in 2016 it would take a very rapid shift to occur in merely four years.

Mind, I expect improvements, I just don't expect them to be a) This rapid and b) in this specific shape.

It's also a bit outlandish to expect to be able to predict who the nominee is four years out.

This discussion started when you made a confident prediction about the nominee...  ;)

I'm certainly not saying he will, just that it's certainly seems within the realms of reasonable possibility.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »
THere'll be a dozen or more candidates. Even if they were evenly balanced against each other the odds are against any given one - and Rand Paul will be playing on a very tilted playing field.

...that is, unless Romney somehow pulls off 2012. Then this will become a non-issue.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2012, 05:54:24 PM »
THere'll be a dozen or more candidates. Even if they were evenly balanced against each other the odds are against any given one - and Rand Paul will be playing on a very tilted playing field.

...that is, unless Romney somehow pulls off 2012. Then this will become a non-issue.

Economy the way it is, I find it tough to picture Obama winning.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2012, 06:41:16 PM »
Another reason to think Rand Paul won't run in 2016.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2012, 10:18:16 PM »
Rand Paul, '020!!    ;)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2012, 11:06:48 PM »
Economy the way it is, I find it tough to picture Obama winning.

Don't underestimate the illegal alien, prisoners and felons, and dead votes.  In some precincts he may get well over 100% of the vote.
"It's good, though..."