Author Topic: Watches  (Read 8823 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Watches
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2013, 05:42:50 PM »
Sorry I missed this one the first time.

My name is Chris, and I'm a watch freak.  Love them.  Feel just wrong not wearing one.  Currently have around 10, and always looking out for the next one.

Wearing my Tissot Ballade right now.  Gift from my parents for graduating law school and passing the Bar.  Have my father's blue face Seiko, and his old diving watch (can't remember the brand now).  Have my Mickey Mouse watch from Disney.  A Casio Wave-ceptor, linked to the national clock.  An Ironman for rough wear.  A gold Hamilton from my grandfather.  An imitation Rolex my inlaws picked up in China.  A Fossil analog/digital.  A Gruen analog.

Plan to get myself a Rolex or Omega if/when I get elected judge someday, and a Serbu Super Shorty for under the bench. :lol:
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2013, 05:51:20 PM »
Saving up for this currently: http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNAD05-Flight-Computer-Silver-Tone/dp/B0028RYT28/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_S_nC?ie=UTF8&coliid=I34OKGBVRHODR1&colid=3FTYOCA90IS8

Ha ha - have fun with that when you get old! :P

I have a Citizen flight computer that I stopped wearing because I can't see a damn thing on the dial anymore.  :laugh:

Oh wait, thread necro - nevermind. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2013, 06:55:13 PM »
(bring out your dead)  bought myself a $100 dive watch as my only souvenir from puerto rico.  it has the days of the week in spanish, which i think is cool.  i figured if i was going to get something to remember the trip, it should be something useful.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

brimic

• friends
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2013, 07:14:51 PM »
I was afraid to open this thread because of the fear that it would cost me a lot of money.
I don't wear a watch often but when I do, its a Seiko thats getting close to 20 years old.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2013, 11:48:25 AM »
Does anyone have a good watch winder they can point me to? I have a Seiko Monster that I love, but I hate wearing a watch to bed and it seems to lose a lot of time sitting overnight. I had one of those cheapy generic winders from Amazon that didn't keep it wound and died quickly. I can't really sell the watch because it was a birthday present from my wife, but I can't wear it until I can get a decent auto-winder either.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »
I wear a RADO ceramica (fun story how I got it),
Am looking at an Omega speed master moonwatch split-second coaxial chrono
Also, a few random nerd watches.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »
Does anyone have a good watch winder they can point me to? I have a Seiko Monster that I love, but I hate wearing a watch to bed and it seems to lose a lot of time sitting overnight. I had one of those cheapy generic winders from Amazon that didn't keep it wound and died quickly. I can't really sell the watch because it was a birthday present from my wife, but I can't wear it until I can get a decent auto-winder either.

Sounds like a watch winder is in order.

http://www.amazon.com/Versa-Automatic-Single-Watch-Winder/dp/B005VI37NS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1363109218&sr=8-4&keywords=Watch+winder

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2013, 02:54:27 PM »
I stopped wearing my Citizen NaviHawk because the Whiz Wheel was really too small to read easily.

I still wear my cheap Sears Armitron Skeleton Automatic, but it does run fast.  Still looks cool.

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2013, 03:29:34 PM »

Sounds like a watch winder is in order.

http://www.amazon.com/Versa-Automatic-Single-Watch-Winder/dp/B005VI37NS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1363109218&sr=8-4&keywords=Watch+winder

I had one much like that, and it 1. didn't wind it enough to keep it running on time and 2. died quickly. Do you have any experience with that particular model?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2013, 03:03:44 PM »
None at all. I have several watches, so my automatics all run down from not being worn. If I'm going to wear one, I shake up, set it, and go.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2013, 03:18:32 PM »
I have one similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Wildon-Home-13-Watch-Box/dp/B009O2CGZM/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_t_1_H0NC

(no lighting, but same mechanisem).

It's been on continuously for years and is still going strong.  It has several different settings depending on how much winding you need, and two zones so different watches get different amounts of winding.  I have mine set for 4 min CW, 4 minCCW, 10 min off.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2013, 03:32:11 PM »
Just for the novelty, I'd like one of these:

Just for the price, I'm not going to get one.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2013, 07:30:01 PM »
Just for the novelty, I'd like one of these:

Just for the price, I'm not going to get one.

Woooowwwwww... Jim West's digital watch from "The Wild, Wild West" ? ? ? ?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero