Main Forums > The Roundtable

Do you listen to public radio?

(1/6) > >>

Perd Hapley:
Curious about how many here listen to public radio, college radio, listener-supported, NPR or PRI.  I was brought up on the stuff, but given my strangely normal family, I have always wondered how many people listen.  My dad listened for the bluegrass music and because he prefers NPR to newspapers for national/international news.  Somehow, he is still to the right of the Republican Party.

Also, are they always on the left side of the dial? (that's low numbers for you digital types)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Saint Louis, there is a listener-supported station called KDHX, which broadcasts music, usually in two-hour shows oriented to different types of music.  There's bluegrass, Brazilian, old-time country, modern old-time country, a live hip-hop show broadcast from a club on Friday night, singer-songwriter stuff, American Indian music (so-called), pop music from around the world, blues, Irish music, European folk music, and so on.  Unfortunately, the talk shows are lame - Democracy Now! and some homosexual show called Out and Open or some such.

Fjolnirsson:
http://www.bluegrasscountry.org/?ref=msft&stream=bluegrass

Scott:
That's about all I listen too, 91.1 and 89.3 on my FM dial. 89.3 is pretty cool it's a really eclectic mix of stuff. 91.1 is just plain old NPR.

mtnbkr:
Other than AM Talk and specific FM morning shows, all I listen to on the radio is NPR.  

Chris

Standing Wolf:
Nope.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version