Author Topic: Victory is at hand  (Read 6955 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Victory is at hand
« on: June 30, 2012, 07:42:04 PM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: Victory is at hand
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 07:46:28 PM »
Or we can declare victory against the group and move on to focus on the essential challenges now facing America, notably the country's sputtering economy, but also containing a rising China, managing the rogue regime in North Korea, continuing to delay Iran's acquisition of nuclear weapons, and - to the extent feasible - helping to direct the maturation of the Arab Spring.

Son of a gun! All we have to is declare victory!

Who would have thought that it was so easy!?

I'll pass on the arrogance that we are the victors.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 07:47:34 PM »
So, what part of the article do you think is mistaken, factually?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 09:46:11 PM »
While we are at it ...

Let's declare victory in the War on Poverty, and the War on Drugs, and pull out of both of those quagmires  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 10:05:35 PM »

So, what part of the article do you think is mistaken, factually?

Yes.

While we are at it ...

Let's declare victory in the War on Poverty, and the War on Drugs, and pull out of both of those quagmires  ;)

We have won everything!! Yea, yea, to us!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 10:58:48 PM »
If you're advocating for the War on Terror tm "What would you consider a victory?" is a very fair question.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 11:48:29 PM »
If you're advocating for the War on Terror tm "What would you consider a victory?" is a very fair question.

We are not afraid anymore  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 01:43:30 AM »
Anyone who would consider doing us harm is too terrified of the repercussions...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 01:47:20 AM »
Anyone who would consider doing us harm is too terrified of the repercussions...

Yeah, that's kind of the point - it's not realistic.  The Nazis failed at it even using genocide as a method of terror.  

It's ironic that a nation founded by revolution now has trouble grasping why other people around the world won't be terrified into submission - they do what they're doing because they're motivated by confidence in the justness of their cause, not because they think nothing will happen to them as a result.

Trying to terrify people into not harming America will only convince more of them that the cause is just.  
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 01:55:30 AM »

MAD works on states, but there's no way to make a person convinced the only sure way to an eternity in paradise is through death in battle against the infidel "too terrified of the repercussions" now is there? I'm also curious how you think we'd know we'd reached such a point, even if it was possible? Poll likely jihadists about their level of being afraid of us?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 03:10:52 AM »
I thought Obama already declared victory.

Of course, Obama saying anything kind of assures that the opposite is true...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 03:22:19 AM »

So what you're telling me is that the War on Terror should continue as long as there's a five-man band of Muslim extremists somewhere on Earth not being afraid of America?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 08:30:55 AM »
So what you're telling me is that the War on Terror should continue as long as there's a five-man band of Muslim extremists somewhere on Earth not being afraid of America?

Of course Micro.

Large scale invasions that last for decades and billions are dollars are totally worth it.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »
One has to wonder about the intel you become privy to and the power of the institutional momentum once you become president.

Strings and levers being pulled, gears slowly grinding away, all for purposes not readily apparent or even necessarily in our national interest. Can one man, a president, derail or stop the institutional momentum?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 11:55:30 AM »
The war on terror should always continue. That is to say we should be vigilant against those who would commit criminal acts of terrorism against our nation and it's peoples.
What we are instead waging is forever war with some inklings of religious crusading to boot. Some morally superior thing waged to civilize the unwashed Arab masses.

Of course Micro.

Large scale invasions that last for decades and billions are dollars are totally worth it.

Thread win.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46:15 PM »
The war on terror should always continue. That is to say we should be vigilant against those who would commit criminal acts of terrorism against our nation and it's peoples.
What we are instead waging is forever war with some inklings of religious crusading to boot. Some morally superior thing waged to civilize the unwashed Arab masses.

Exactly correct!

We need to maintain careful diligence, reduce our offensive engagements elsewhere.

It concerns me that we waste too much time, money and resources on Al Qaeda alone.

We do not know where, we do not know who, we do not know when, we do not know how - but we must be prepared!  =D

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
Yep. While we've gotten better at it, what we are still fighting is basically a scaled down conventional war against and unconventional enemy. And that simply doesn't work and the end result today is basically the same as it would have been if we had just gone in with overwhelming force, cleared house, killed what needed killing, and GTFO. If something new pops up, deal with it using the most effective means available. What we've been doing works with governments and nations, not terrorist groups. At the same times it's both overkill and ineffective.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 04:25:27 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
I think it would be very difficult to eliminate "lone wolf" type of terrorists, or even small disorganized bands, but in order to be truly effective, they need sponsorship. State sponsorship, either overt or de facto. So how about continuing the War on Terror in a manner so that any nation that would knowingly harbor that five-man band of Moslem extremists is too afraid of the consequences do so?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 09:35:09 PM »
A number of nations that are ostensibly our allies harbour terrorists. Shall we invade Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »
Large scale invasions that last for decades and billions are trillions of dollars are totally worth it.
FTFY

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 11:33:02 PM »
A number of nations that are ostensibly our allies harbour terrorists. Shall we invade Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan?

Nah. Just nuke 'em from orbit ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 12:00:33 AM »

No....but a lot of our Cold War tricks like misinformation & assasination would work well....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 10:37:30 AM »
No....but a lot of our Cold War tricks like misinformation & assasination would work well....

I'm picturing viral video (perhaps leaked to Al-Jazira) of some Wahabi mullahs gnoshing on pork chops or wearing a yarmulke while studying the Torah . . . or maybe even still pictures published in some obscure minor newspaper celebrating their devotion to diversity. >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »
I know, lets continue the obama doctrine, if there is an alleged bad guy in a remote rural village in Yemen or Pakistan, we decimate the population with drone bombs.

Parents will lose children, children will lose friends, young men will lose their beloved goats.
This will assure the remaining people will want to sing kumbaya and reject the  muslim brotherhood.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."