Main Forums > The Roundtable

Vandals strike yet again

(1/4) > >>

Norton:
^&^&%$@#@ ......we got hit again this week.

If you recall from:

http://armedpolitesociety.com/viewtopic.php?id=550

and

http://armedpolitesociety.com/viewtopic.php?id=246

we've been pretty unfortunate in our stay here in the new neighborhood.

This week it was my Jeep Liberty, along with around 50 other vehicles, that had its back window destroyed.

I'm off to BassPro tomorrow for one of those wildlife cameras and then to Lowes for those wireless driveway alarms and some additional motion sensor lights.

Why couldn't they have attacked the Accord with 345,000 miles on it instead of my brand new lovely Jeep.

sumpnz:
Well, since moving into my neighborhood not quite a year and a half ago, my 1992 Civic has been sideswiped, vandalized (with a lemon no less), stolen (recovered later that day sans stereo, child seat, and few other items), and broken into (drivers window smashed and stereo stolen).

And my 2001 Ranger hasn't been touched.

I feel for you.

Azrael256:
I am of the opinion that wanton destruction of private property should be dealt with swiftly, publicly, and painfully.  Prompt restitution should be paid.  I don't mean the cash value of your back window, I mean full restitution for both the item and the time spent replacing it.  Were it up to me, I would make the offender go so far as to pay for the minutes on your cellphone you had to spend calling the auto glass people to have it fixed.

Then, I would line up all the offended parties, and each would get a good swat at the offender's backside with a hefty strap.  Do this on the lawn of the courthouse.  Maybe some good whacks would convince these idiots that vandalism is a bad idea.

Just my opinion.

K Frame:
We've been having problems the past few months in my community with one house, a rental. There was a huge party there some months ago. The next morning we woke up to nearly $1,000 of damage to the trees in the community, beer cups, cans, and bottles everywhere, and a car that had been backed into to the tune of nearly $3,000.

We came down hard on the owner, and she came down hard on the residents, who protested that their friends certainly couldn't have done it, because they're responsible 20-somthing-adults.

No, I suppose it's a goddamned coincidence that your garbage and recycling contains the EXACT same mix of cups, cans, and bottles, and that many of them were recovered from under the damaged trees?

Since then there have been several more instances of vandalism, all happing, oddly enough, on days when they have friends over. Last time I watched 6 guys go into the house, each with a case of beer. The next morning the one corner mirror had been ripped off the post (the second time) and at least one car keyed.

They're getting the message, though. The police have been paying regular visits to the house, courtesy of the neighbors who have had enough of the noise and trash. I predict it won't be long before I start signing No Trespassing notifications to their friends.

What really ticks me off, though?

After the first incident, several residents came up to me to complain about hearing very loud noise and apparently people fighting in the parking lot around 2:30 a.m.

"Did you call the police?"

"No, I didn't want to get involved."

THEN WHAT IN THE FLYING FICKLE FINGER OF *)$&()*^&)(*&$# FATE DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO ABOUT IT??? PICK UP YOUR GODDAMNED PHONE AND CALL THE POLICE!"

Perd Hapley:
Oh, I thought Rome had been sacked again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version