Author Topic: Stuff that just makes you mad  (Read 721 times)

chaim

• friend
    • http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw
Stuff that just makes you mad
« on: June 12, 2006, 09:25:56 AM »
Over the past week or so about 8 homes have had swastikas and "white power" burned into their lawns in the area.

This happened on a street only a few miles from my house.  In fact, it happened in the same neighborhood a friend of the family lives in (less than a mile from their home).

While I would never shoot someone defacing my property, people like this are part of why I keep my shotgun loaded.  You never know when they'll take it to the next level (and this is an escalation of a series of neo-Nazi type activity in the area- a few months ago they were using chalk to paint phrases and swastikas onto people's driveways in the same area).

Here are some articles on the largest incident (3 homes on one street at the same time).

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/howard/bal-md.ho.race09jun09,0,6586019.story?track=rss

http://wjz.com/local/local_story_159183518.html
Come visit my MSN Group: Taurus Talk
http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 03:36:45 PM »
Quote from: chaim
The neighborhood where most of this has happened (and all neighborhoods where this has happened so far) is a place where the starting price of a pretty average single family home is over $500K.  This is one of the 5 richest counties in America.  So, I do lean towards assuming the first likely cause/goal (rich and upper middle class areas breed a lot of bored teens).  However, the county is also very ethnically diverse so you can't rule out the second cause/goal as this would be an area they'd likely enjoy messing with.
Non-aryans living the good life?  Can't have that.                 

Stay armed and vigilant, good sir, and just remember they're a bunch of losers uselessly flailing against a better and more numerous group of people.  Makes you wonder what all that is supposed to accomplish.  Hopefully just an impotent little outburst of anger/hatred.  Please let us know about further developments.

Isn't your screen name a Hebrew word?  Are you Jewish?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 07:05:08 PM »
Some folks are not content to let the world wonder IF they are cretins, so they must go out and confirm everyone's suspicions.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

chaim

• friend
    • http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 05:06:43 AM »
My sympathies.  Makes you wonder what all that is supposed to accomplish
Probably just a bunch of idiot teens who don't know better.  They are probably trying to be offensive and don't realize that there is offensive and there is offensive (offensive is cussing someone out or insulting them, using the symbols of a group that murdered 6million of us just for being is something altogether different).  Of course, it could be more sinister and be some group that is newly active and wants people to know they are here (so I am being even more vigilant about having my HD weapons ready, just in case).

The neighborhood where most of this has happened (and all neighborhoods where this has happened so far) is a place where the starting price of a pretty average single family home is over $500K.  This is one of the 5 richest counties in America.  So, I do lean towards assuming the first likely cause/goal (rich and upper middle class areas breed a lot of bored teens).  However, the county is also very ethnically diverse so you can't rule out the second cause/goal as this would be an area they'd likely enjoy messing with.

Isn't your screen name a Hebrew word?  Are you Jewish?
It is a Hebrew word meaning "life", it is also a fairly common Jewish name.  It is part of my Hebrew name (I am Chaim Dov).  I am an Orthodox Jew.
Come visit my MSN Group: Taurus Talk
http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 09:09:39 PM »
Quote from: chaim
My sympathies.  Makes you wonder what all that is supposed to accomplish
Probably just a bunch of idiot teens who don't know better.  They are probably trying to be offensive and don't realize that there is offensive and there is offensive (offensive is cussing someone out or insulting them, using the symbols of a group that murdered 6million of us just for being is something altogether different).  Of course, it could be more sinister and be some group that is newly active and wants people to know they are here (so I am being even more vigilant about having my HD weapons ready, just in case).

The neighborhood where most of this has happened (and all neighborhoods where this has happened so far) is a place where the starting price of a pretty average single family home is over $500K.  This is one of the 5 richest counties in America.  So, I do lean towards assuming the first likely cause/goal (rich and upper middle class areas breed a lot of bored teens).  However, the county is also very ethnically diverse so you can't rule out the second cause/goal as this would be an area they'd likely enjoy messing with.

Isn't your screen name a Hebrew word?  Are you Jewish?
It is a Hebrew word meaning "life", it is also a fairly common Jewish name.  It is part of my Hebrew name (I am Chaim Dov).  I am an Orthodox Jew.
Are you in a neighborhood that has a lot of Jews? That would fit in with the bored teen theory, particularly if they're local enough to know who is who (and hence whos lawn to put swastikas on).

I have a theory that there is a social ennui amongst some  modern let-the-kids-do-what-they-want types that is so *yawn* about everything the kids do wrong, that they resort to racist activity as a last scream for attention (before they go and pull a columbine).
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"