Author Topic: "Congrats" not "Congrads"  (Read 10792 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: "Congrats" not "Congrads"
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 09:52:13 PM »
Oh, and by  the way; It's EXactly not Ed Zackley.  The word is a declarative not a noun. :police: :police: [ar15]

It's not "eggzakly"?

First thing tomorrow I'm going to return Hooked on Phonics.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 09:58:52 PM »
My daughter posted a good one the other day, regarding seen and saw.

Something like this:

If I hear you being a sentence with "I seen..." I'm going to assume the rest of the sentence isn't "the inside of a book."

that's just common since
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 09:59:07 PM »
It's all Internetese. The one that bugs me (well, one of the many) is "Walla." Not the town in Washington state. As in:

"I wanted to surprise my nephew for his birthday so I hid the new tricycle under a sheet. When he walked in, I whipped the sheet off and ... WALLA ... there was the tricycle."

As the Irish are reputed to have said on occasion, "Saints prezairv us."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 09:59:52 PM »
that's just common since

Well? Since when? Come on, finish the sentence ...

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 10:08:59 PM »

hey, I already put my to since in!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »
I don't think I have ever seen anyone use "congrads".  Now that it has been brought up, I'll probably see it soon.

I see it used here quite often. Revdisk used it just recently, which was my inspiration for this thread.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 10:32:01 PM »

Give the guy a brake  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 10:33:38 PM »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 12:53:55 AM »
buying large, this is not an important issue, like imminent domain is.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 07:28:07 AM »
I got the your/you're thing wrong until I got embarrassed in an online argument :facepalm:
There/they're/their really annoys me.
Its/it's confuses sometimes me though.

You forgot to add ur.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 12:37:46 PM »
You forgot to add ur.

I've never liked the rampid use of ur

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 12:41:54 PM »
I always wanted a Jeep with a wench  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2012, 12:42:59 PM »
I always wanted a Jeep with a wench  =)

Don't we all.  A wench to winch the Jeep.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2012, 12:45:20 PM »

Plural of small horse:  pony's.

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2012, 01:07:42 PM »
People now think that "off the hook" means something like "out of control." 

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »
Its a duel sport bike.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2012, 03:39:29 PM »
Plural of small horse:  pony's.

It seems that, on the Internet, adding an apostrophe before the 'S' is required for any plural noun.

Spending too much time on the Internet will turn anyone's brain to mush.

When do we initiate the arguments over the correct use of "affect" and "effect"? Those are almost universally misused, not only on the Internet but also in the newspaper's. [Note au courant use of the plural form]

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2012, 05:58:29 PM »
It seems that, on the Internet, adding an apostrophe before the 'S' is required for any plural noun.

Spending too much time on the Internet will turn anyone's brain to mush.

When do we initiate the arguments over the correct use of "affect" and "effect"? Those are almost universally misused, not only on the Internet but also in the newspaper's. [Note au courant use of the plural form]
No use in telling people that there wrong, you just have to except it.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2012, 08:11:39 PM »
No use in telling people that there wrong, you just have to except it.

You spelled "have" wrong - it should be "half"  :lol:

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 08:17:47 PM »
I'm going to pick one of my many aircrafts and fly away from all this nonsense.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2012, 08:49:15 PM »
We have been working with our daughter on NOT adding the word 'like' to EVERYTHING.

She's picking it up from her cousins.  I can't control them but I can make sure she knows how it sounds.  When she does it I ask her to come over and I read one of her favorite books to her.  It's usually one she knows by heart but I add the word 'like' to every sentence.  It ticks her off but I think she's getting it now.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
We have been working with our daughter on NOT adding the word 'like' to EVERYTHING.

She's picking it up from her cousins.  I can't control them but I can make sure she knows how it sounds.  When she does it I ask her to come over and I read one of her favorite books to her.  It's usually one she knows by heart but I add the word 'like' to every sentence.  It ticks her off but I think she's getting it now.

That is tot's funny.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2012, 12:44:41 AM »
You spelled "have" wrong - it should be "half"  :lol:

LOL!!! >:D :facepalm: :rofl:

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2012, 08:29:16 AM »
Damn/damned.  If you're going to swear in public, please PLEASE get the damned process right.  And I'll tell you another damned thing... I swear too damned often.  I will tone it it down.

Damn right! (oopsie).
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.