Author Topic: CO. Movie House Attack  (Read 33920 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: CO. Movie House Attack
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2012, 09:27:02 PM »
This is why the tide of gun grabbing will go unabated. Because the gunnies can't stop bickering amongst themselves

Actually, we're doing pretty well lately. I think we can grouse about these little things without upsetting the whole movement. Just relax.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2012, 09:28:04 PM »

Actually, we're doing pretty well lately. I think we can grouse about these little things without upsetting the whole movement. Just relax.

I guess I should have put a winkey smiley in my post :facepalm:
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2012, 09:36:11 PM »

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2012, 10:28:22 PM »
Everyone lay off the semantics debate, or start (yet) another thread. Please.  We're all on the same side here, and people are getting worked up over (at least in this topic) a non-issue.  We've had numerous debates about it all over the internet, and it very rarely does anyone any good.

I come here for intelligent discussion, not bickering.  I have other fora for that.  =|

Not owning a TV myself, what was discussed/revealed at the arraignment?

Agreed.

I didn't see the arraignment or the Obama address. Anybody feel like recapping them for us?
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2012, 12:57:48 AM »
It's now being reported by Fox that the 223 ammo he had was armor piercing. Any other reports on this?
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2012, 01:27:58 AM »
It's now being reported by Fox that the 223 ammo he had was armor piercing. Any other reports on this?

*snort* If that's true I'd like to know his source for M995. I have never seen a single round of black-tip 5.56mm, even when I was in Afghanistan, let alone here in Aurora. Most likely the standard M855 green tip heavy ball you can get most anywhere as cheap(ish) plinking ammo.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2012, 01:28:22 AM »

Probably plain vanilla 5.56 NATO M855 ammo (62 grain FMJ's with steel penetrator)  Officially it's not AP, but I wouldn't even blame MSNBC or ABC for getting that wrong:  http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000476
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2012, 09:53:54 AM »
Gun sales have jumped 40% in Colorado. From the way the article reads, it's not people buying EBRs or any "it might get banned" stuff. Looks like most if it is CCW related. As would be expected, the comments are interesting. I like seeing that more and more people are using the "fire extinguisher" analogy for having a personal protection weapon.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21142159/gun-sales-up-since-tragedy#ixzz21XE0BBJE
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2012, 11:00:13 AM »
*snort* If that's true I'd like to know his source for M995. I have never seen a single round of black-tip 5.56mm, even when I was in Afghanistan, let alone here in Aurora. Most likely the standard M855 green tip heavy ball you can get most anywhere as cheap(ish) plinking ammo.

I have 8 rounds of it, I bought two bags of 8 for 15 dollars or so around 2000 (before I had an AR) at a gun show in Reno, gave half to a friend when he bought his first AR. I sold my AR but kept the 8 rounds.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2012, 01:02:04 AM »
You know, Obama the other day said, "Yeah, my daughters, they go to movies. What if they'd been in that theater?"  Well, let me answer that.  If Obama's daughters had been in the theater, there would have been Secret Service agents in there.  At the first sign this guy pulled a weapon he'd-a been dropped by the Secret Service. The results would have been quite different.

Name of radio personality withheld, to avoid ad hominem controversies.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2012, 02:35:54 AM »
Did the authorities get a "heads up"?

Interesting story on AP. The letter/package he sent was turned over to police before the shooting.
The judge has placed a gag order on the case.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_COLORADO_SHOOTING_SUSPECT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-07-25-22-25-35

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2012, 06:37:30 AM »
I too missed the Obama arraignment.
It is important to not allow the antis to go unchallenged when they make up definitions of words, especially when they clearly do not know what it actually means and are only saying things because it sounds scary. Shoulder thing that goes up anyone?
Did you all know we have been at half-staff for this?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2012, 07:19:54 AM »
Yes I did and I questioned it myself.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2012, 10:51:41 AM »
Makes you wonder why the nation isn't mourning the 14 deaths in Texas. More people died, why isn't it a subject of national discussion?
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/pickup-truck-crash-texas-photo-144056003.html
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »
Because trucks don't kill people, people kill people. Come on RKL, get with the left's program.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2012, 07:22:56 PM »
Because trucks don't kill people, people kill people. Come on RKL, get with the left's program.

SUVs kill people. And more importantly, polar bears.

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2012, 09:27:07 PM »
SUVs kill polar bears? Or people kill polar bears?

I'm so confused.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2012, 09:28:10 PM »
I have 8 rounds of it, I bought two bags of 8 for 15 dollars or so around 2000 (before I had an AR) at a gun show in Reno, gave half to a friend when he bought his first AR. I sold my AR but kept the 8 rounds.
So how well does it penetrate and what?  

I still have a few rounds of the black tip 3006, but I rarely shoot it.  Too few rounds to play with.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2012, 09:41:43 PM »

I'm so confused.

MrsSmith the answer is C - Both...get with the program.  ;)
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »

I'm so confused.

Polar bears kill people  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2012, 11:48:48 PM »

I'm so confused.

SUV's kill polar bears by clubbing them with baby seals.....then they post spider pics on the Internet.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2012, 01:44:39 AM »
So how well does it penetrate and what?  

I still have a few rounds of the black tip 3006, but I rarely shoot it.  Too few rounds to play with.

Might want to save it for a rainy day. I haven't seen M2 AP readily available for going on a few years now.