Author Topic: A push for tighter background checks...what do you think that will mean?  (Read 8678 times)

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
So every member of this board is NUTSO?

And damn proud of it!
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

SADShooter

• friend
Asked by someone "do you have one of the guns (AR) the shooter used", with the response "No, I have 3." The startled look was enjoyable.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Asked by someone "do you have one of the guns (AR) the shooter used", with the response "No, I have 3." The startled look was enjoyable.

That's when you wish you had the google glasses on with the recording activated.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

slingshot

• friend
Yes, I suspect there will be no more private transfers of firearms between individuals (other than immediate family) without a NICs check.  We have to close that "gunshow" loop hole.  Bloomberg, Feinstein, and Shumer have been hitting on that one for years.

Eventually, the mental health background check will be part of the NICs check based on data from Obama Care.  You probably noticed that the BATFE can change things pretty easily once the spirit of the law has been changed legislatively... so be concerned if you see a thearpist for any reason, take any kind of mood altering perscription drugs, comments your doctor might make about you in their reports to insurance or in your "file".  The days of volunteering information to your doctor are ending rather quickly.

Folks have been wondering what will trigger the next gun buying spree not that sales are low these days.... Here ya go!  Time to buy those AR's and accessories.

It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

Is the NUTSO effect additive or exponential?  Like if I have 4 guns, am I 3*NUTSO, or am I NUTSO^3?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
Better.

Why not a lie detector test first?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
And there begins the US black market we were discussing recently.

That and the home-made weapon.  Where there's a will there's a way.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Well yeah, I expect it to be like marijauna soon, no private sales without a federal check...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hutch

• friend
And damn proud of it!
Damned proud, damn it!
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

geronimotwo

• friend

do you mean to say that someone here might have more than one gun? [tinfoil]
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
do you mean to say that someone here might have more than one gun? [tinfoil]

Yes, I do mean that.  I have at least 1 1/2 guns.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
I have more than five.   Actually I have more than ten.   Even THAT isn't accurate. [tinfoil] :angel: :-X
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

geronimotwo

• friend
 :O (whistles for the men with the large butterfly nets)
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
I have no guns, sold them all. See? Normal. I did however keep my large capacity ammunition feeding devices, if properly combined with the shoulder thing that goes up they can shoot through a school all by themselves.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
How many guns do I have  ???

Not enough  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
Damned proud, damn it!

I did that on purpose to get your goat. Got it. Going to keep it in case of TEOTWAWKI.

And I sold all my guns too. Saw no reason to keep track of the transactions. I buy ammo to make jewelry with it. Nothing says bling like live rounds.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Hutch

• friend
I fall for that ruse every time.. I been suckered... :'(. And I'm goatless, now, as well.  Curses!
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.