Author Topic: remind me hot to make mr Krauthammer mad  (Read 2859 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

SADShooter

• friend
Re: remind me hot to make mr Krauthammer mad
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »
"...arm's-length relationship with truth". I almost choked on a peppermint. :laugh:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:50:02 PM »
Huh? Translate for those not on Wastebook.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:55:11 PM »
Yes, do, I OD'd on cat photos and happy hour mugging and deactivated.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 06:34:11 PM »

White House spokesman attempts to call out Krauthammer as liar, is in turn proven liar/idiot by British government.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »

CSD's link takes you to the Washington Post.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »
Ah, sweet, sweet ownage.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 07:29:54 PM »
CSD's link takes you to the Washington Post.

Oh, OK. On my phone, it just sends me to a facebook login page.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 07:47:50 PM »
 :facepalm:  It all about the Churchill bust that Obama returned to the British Embassy when he first infested the oval office.
Turns out there were two busts.
But the one that Krauthammer said got returned was, in fact, returned, and Pfeiffer had a photo of Obama near the other and claimed Krauthammer was wrong.
It must suck to work in the White House these days.... ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 09:48:03 AM »
Except that the photo does nothing of the sort. The Churchill sculpture shown in the photograph is a different copy — given to President Lyndon Johnson, kept in the White House collection for half a century and displayed in the White House residence. The Oval Office Churchill — the one in question, the one Pfeiffer says never left the White House — did leave the White House, was returned to the British government, and sits proudly at this very moment in the British ambassador’s residence.

Was that little photographic switcheroo an honest mistake on ­Pfeiffer’s part? Or was it deliberate deception? I have no idea. But in either case, the effect was to deceive Pfeiffer’s readers into believing that my assertion about the removal of the Oval Office Churchill was “patently false . . . ridiculous . . . 100% false.”

The decent thing to do, therefore, would be to acknowledge the (inadvertent?) deception and apologize for it. He could send the retraction to Mediaite, the nonpartisan media Web site run by Dan Abrams, whose report on this contretemps was headlined: “British Embassy Confirms Krauthammer Right, White House Wrong: Churchill Bust Returned in 2009.”
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 11:24:11 AM »
Never get into a pissing contest with someone who buys their ink by the barrel.

I don't know what the modern equivalent would be, maybe;

Never get in a pissing contest with someone who buys their bandwidth by the terabyte.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams