Author Topic: Mass shooting at Sikh temple in Wisconsin  (Read 12823 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Mass shooting at Sikh temple in Wisconsin
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 07:44:45 AM »
MSNBC and other organizations are reporting that the gunman was in his early 40's, was an US Army vet and may have been a white supremacist.

The suspect in a shooting that left six people dead at a Sikh temple in suburban Milwaukee on Sunday has been identified as Wade Michael Page, who served in the U.S. Army for about six years.

According to sources in the U.S. Army, Page enlisted in April 1992 and given a less-than-honorable discharge in October 1998. He served at Fort Bliss, Texas, in the psychological operations unit in 1994, and was last stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, attached to the psychological operations unit. The details of his discharge were not immediately clear.

Wade was killed outside the temple in a shootout with police officers after the rampage that left terrified congregants hiding in closets and others texting friends outside for help.

Officials had previously described the suspect as a heavy-set, 40-year-old Caucasian with numerous tattoos.

Sources tell CBS News some unspecified evidence suggests race or ethnicity may have played a role in the violence, but no links to extremist groups have been confirmed.

I bet at least some of the evidence are the tattoos.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:26:54 AM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »
According to sources in the U.S. Army, Page enlisted in April 1992 and given a less-than-honorable discharge in October 1998. He served at Fort Bliss, Texas, in the psychological operations unit in 1994, and was last stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, attached to the psychological operations unit. The details of his discharge were not immediately clear.

An Army psyche doctor shoots up Fort Hood, and now this ... 

Crazy  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »
Son of a BITCH, what the HELL is it with these maladjusted nitwits?

Seriously, people, stop shooting folks who didn't do a damned thing to you!

Yea, that is exactly how I feel about this.
I am pissed, angry, and frustrated.

Why can't these maladjusted losers just shoot themselves in the head in a cornfield by themselves without harming innocents.
Cripe, I'll let them  use my field - I'll even pull the trigger for them in order to save others, especially children.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2012, 08:53:37 AM »
So, in our modern parlance he's not a loser who got kicked out of the military 14 years ago, he's a highly trained combat vet!!!!! ZOMG! And he serves some of his time in the middle east according to Fox nooz. Well, lemme think of how busy we were there in 1998. Hmmm, not much, unless he was sitting in Saudi with damn near no contact with the GP. Looks a lot like derp turbanz! derp beardz! derp kill terrorists! derp derp derp. What an idiot.

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2012, 09:19:57 AM »
What is good for the goose is good for the gander.  I for one am sick of the media and the Demcrat Party widely painting all of us who are modern day conservatives who believe in the Constitution, rule of law, limited government etc etc etc; all good American values, as bad people or tolerant of evil and evil deeds.

What I seem to notice is that real evil does walk the earth and it is pervasive across the globe in virtually every culture; more often than not in 3rd world culture.  Evil is a culture in and of itself that infects the entire world. 

I just can't quite understand how the left does not seem to notice that all the accusatory divisive language and even hate speech emanates from certain areas of their own ranks.

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 09:36:37 AM »
I just can't quite understand how the left does not seem to notice that all the accusatory divisive language and even hate speech emanates from certain areas of their own ranks.

Oh, I don't think that the left has a lock on that.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 09:42:10 AM »
So, in our modern parlance he's not a loser who got kicked out of the military 14 years ago, he's a highly trained combat vet!!!!! ZOMG! And he serves some of his time in the middle east according to Fox nooz. Well, lemme think of how busy we were there in 1998. Hmmm, not much, unless he was sitting in Saudi with damn near no contact with the GP. Looks a lot like derp turbanz! derp beardz! derp kill terrorists! derp derp derp. What an idiot.

I do have to wonder if his psyops training and experience played a role in the type of act he committed.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »
14 years later? Not buying it. Loser topped with crunchy fail.

In other news, lets all sit back and watch the crush of media coverage of last week's mass stabbing in China....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-19091840 In fact, if you google China mass stabbing it is hard to find both because of the ligth coverage and all the stories of previous mass knife attacks. The only thing gun control would have achieved is that in this particular case it woulda been the attacker's unlucky day.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 10:17:27 AM »
http://gma.yahoo.com/sikh-temple-shooter-identified-army-vet-wade-michael-121406665--abc-news-topstories.html

Sikh Temple Shooter Named as Army Vet Wade Michael Page

They always need some type of *expletive deleted*ing label for everyone. Bastid news organizations.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 10:25:22 AM »
on the other side of the story, kudo's to the cop that stopped this guy.  i would doubt that any training fully prepares you for confronting an active shooter.  i hope he makes a complete recovery.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 10:29:38 AM »
on the other side of the story, kudo's to the cop that stopped this guy.  i would doubt that any training fully prepares you for confronting an active shooter.  i hope he makes a complete recovery.

Later news reports are that the cop who killed the murderer was not the one who was wounded.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »
Yet threads about shootings by deranged Muslims are rife with pointing out that other Muslims are bad people.

Of course. You agree that is perfectly reasonable, yes?

And you realize the victims here were Sikh, not the shooter, so why make the comparison?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2012, 11:09:02 AM »
The only solution to this problem is an all-minority and -white female military.  After all, is our military not the projection of latent white supremacist attitudes?  Purge now.  I'm sure the SPLC can come up with some useful ideas for our government to solve this problem.

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »
This thread may not be the best place to point out that some Sikhs are bad people, because that has nothing to do with the attack that just occurred.

Edit: Yeah, I went to bed. Didn't take.

My point wasn't that any group was bad, it was that we live in a society where some groups are "officially" demonized and some sanctified.  The media constitute theater.  Bad theater.  Written by zealots and bigots.

For every "white supremacist" in America there are ten people in government (at least) who are promoting--let me be blunt here-- white subordination.  All you have to do is check the various "diversity" and "anti-racism" programs in every agency and see what they are saying.  My apologies if this is untimely or politically incorrect.  Truth is best.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:31:15 AM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2012, 11:19:13 AM »
At some point some Americans may want to broaden and deepen the discussion of "domestic terrorism."  A bigoted white man who goes on a rampage is a domestic terrorist.  Bigoted black and brown youth who rampage nightly are spared this accusation and often offered excuses for their behavior based on past oppression and abuse.  Then we wonder why some people "explode;" maybe the plenary cultural lying that is going on has something to do with it...?

Anyway..
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:31:49 AM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »
The Sikh's tend to be the successful Indians.

No one has mentioned that the shooter used a "handgun".  The officer(s) put the animal down with their rifles.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »
It's ironic that every time a shooting involves Muslims, theres a rush to talk about links to mosques, Muslims trying to impose "sharia in America,". Etc....but when it looks like white gun owners will be stereotyped as nuts, suddenly we all see how senseless that kind of thinking is.

If the white American belonged to a group espousing terrorism, then pointing to the group is reasonable. The Tea Party and NRA don't espouse terrorism, Islam as practiced in the Middle does. So... not really the same there is it?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
We note that the shooter had involvement with military psyops.  Hmmm.  What is government but an enormous psyops operation?  Just wonderin'...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:39:13 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »
I see Deepak Chopra believes that guns have no place in a "civil society."  He, coming from India, would of course know that, given that India is so "civil."  Of course people die in the streets there, but they also have a depth of wisdom that foolish white people can never obtain--unless they pay for Chopra's books or seminars.

Color me disgusted.  I overdosed last night on the liberal feeding frenzy.  In the last 25 years there have been fewer than one thousand people killed or wounded in what the media call "rampage killings."  That's about one year's haul for Washington and Chicago, but, hey, no rampage there, right?  Page was in a "hate band," we are told, but I notice a dreadful silence about rappers in this "natonal conversation."
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2012, 06:00:12 PM »
I see Deepak Chopra believes that guns have no place in a "civil society."  He, coming from India, would of course know that, given that India is so "civil."  Of course people die in the streets there, but they also have a depth of wisdom that foolish white people can never obtain--unless they pay for Chopra's books or seminars.

Color me disgusted.  I overdosed last night on the liberal feeding frenzy.  In the last 25 years there have been fewer than one thousand people killed or wounded in what the media call "rampage killings."  That's about one year's haul for Washington and Chicago, but, hey, no rampage there, right?  Page was in a "hate band," we are told, but I notice a dreadful silence about rappers in this "natonal conversation."

Stop trying to confuse the issue with mere FACTS, Longeyes!  :facepalm:

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
Forgive me for being a die-hard.  It's a habit I picked up long, long ago, and can't seem to shake even in this postmodernist time.

All these high-sounding network "debates" are just carefully scripted political narratives designed to skirt the real issues. 

To liberals I say this: Ghetto control, not gun control.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2012, 12:22:03 AM »
Forgive me for being a die-hard.  It's a habit I picked up long, long ago, and can't seem to shake even in this postmodernist time.

All these high-sounding network "debates" are just carefully scripted political narratives designed to skirt the real issues. 

To liberals I say this: Ghetto control, not gun control.

How would ghetto control have stopped the recent mass shootings????  Why would they be talking about that as a response?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 12:50:09 AM »
Interesting how the discussion dropped off when we learned that the shooter was a middle-aged white male Army vet with RAHOWA sympathies.  And yet we go on for pages and pages when the shooters are young black males or Muslims.  Huh.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 12:54:08 AM »
Interesting how the discussion dropped off when we learned that the shooter was a middle-aged white male Army vet with RAHOWA sympathies.  And yet we go on for pages and pages when the shooters are young black males or Muslims.  Huh.

Don't you know - there are organised violent groups supporting Muslim terror - no such organised white racist groups out there to discuss/investigate/imprison without trial!
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 12:55:07 AM »
Ghetto control would not have stopped the two most recent shootings, but that wasn't my point, which was that what the media focus on as "headline news" serves a cultural purpose.  In this most recent case, it is to demonize "white supremacists" and again make the case for stricter gun control.  But the media are nothing if not selective.  To this observer it appears that white "rampage" is given lavish attention while black or brown "rampage" is largely ignored or given short shelf-life.  I hold no brief for white supremacists, but then I don't much care for brown or black supremacists either, and it appears that identifying non-white rage is strictly verboten even though a disproportionate amount of violence in America originates in the ghettos.  Whites can commit "hate crimes," but non-whites always seem to have an excuse that spares them of the charge of overt racism even when the evidence is palpable.  Meanwhile I look forward to the trial this month of the rageful rampager Major Hasan who escapes being a "domestic terrorist" even while killing 13 soldiers with an invocation to Allah on his lips.  
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.