Author Topic: Obama Administration is a National Security Risk  (Read 1333 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Obama Administration is a National Security Risk
« on: August 16, 2012, 02:53:31 AM »
http://www.westernjournalism.com/navy-seals-out-obama-adim-as-national-security-risk/

20 minute synopsis covering the Obama administrations divulging critical national security related information for political gain, something I'd like to note if done by anyone in the military or civilian intelligence agencies would result in them going to prison for the rest of their lives.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Obama Administration is a National Security Risk
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 07:33:08 AM »
Laws for thee....not for me.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 07:54:59 AM »
Technically, the president is the ultimate classification authority, so it is actually not illegal for him to divulge classified information, ie making it unclassified through release.  IIRC either Lowell wood (neat guy actually) or Teller once got in trouble for discussing something, and then it blew over because either the SecEng or president had already discussed it, making it de facto unclassified.

However, administration officials that are classifying authorities (ie not cabinet positions) or officials who aren't the authority for that information (eg SecDef releasing DOE stuff) releasing information IS illegal, so in this case, since the SecDef and DNI both have said, effectively, WTFO?!, it's either illegal, or the president okay'd it.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »
In a sane country with a responsible, accountable government--as per the Framers' design--this wouldn't be happening.  This is how far we are from our Origins.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »
Technically, the president is the ultimate classification authority, so it is actually not illegal for him to divulge classified information, ie making it unclassified through release.  IIRC either Lowell wood (neat guy actually) or Teller once got in trouble for discussing something, and then it blew over because either the SecEng or president had already discussed it, making it de facto unclassified.

However, administration officials that are classifying authorities (ie not cabinet positions) or officials who aren't the authority for that information (eg SecDef releasing DOE stuff) releasing information IS illegal, so in this case, since the SecDef and DNI both have said, effectively, WTFO?!, it's either illegal, or the president okay'd it.

Usually but not always true.  There are laws regarding declassifying.  Declassifying information to get someone killed or whatnot is usually illegal. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 08:25:49 PM »
True, but that is a different crime.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 11:39:20 PM »
So, what grade of homicide are actions preceded by malicious forethought that results in numerous people being brutally tortured and murdered? Lets not make any bones about it, when you reveal this kind of information, people die and in very unpleasant ways.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 07:24:11 AM »
So, what grade of homicide are actions preceded by malicious forethought that results in numerous people being brutally tortured and murdered? Lets not make any bones about it, when you reveal this kind of information, people die and in very unpleasant ways.

Absolutely agree, my point was that it's aiding an enemy (treasonous) or being complicit in a death (manslaughter/murder) not the crime of revealing information.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 09:20:08 AM »
Security risk my *expletive deleted*ss - they probably have not yet paid all of those back taxes...
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen