Author Topic: What Happened to America's Dog?  (Read 9971 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: What Happened to America's Dog?
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2012, 06:41:34 PM »
You should have seen her chasing an 1800 lb Hereford bull  grin

the bull is emotionally scarred for life
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2012, 11:22:10 PM »
You should have seen her chasing an 1800 lb Hereford bull  grin

the bull is emotionally scarred for life

They had to get a new bull  =D

They have a black one (Angus?) now.

I used to call the other one "Harry Ford"  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2012, 01:19:19 AM »
Responsible owners + socializing the dog = good dog.

<groan, I can't believe I'm typing this>  It takes a village...

A few nights ago, I was delivering a load in a small industrial complex.  I approached a worker in a neighboring business for information only to find myself challenged by a two year old Dobie.  Calmness on both my part and the dog's owner's allowed me to make a new friend (the dog spent a lot of time sniffing the important parts and may well recognize me next time we meet, the owner didn't, probably won't. ;))  (When I was about eight, a local woman who exercised two leashed Dobies by sitting on the tailgate of a station wagon driven by her husband was killed when the dogs jumped into the back of the car and savaged her.  I knew and liked the people and the dogs and had a hard time with Dobies for some years afterward.)  Socializing a pooch cannot be done by the owner alone, strangers must participate.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!