Author Topic: get angry on facebook, go to looney bin ( Marine Vet detained )  (Read 9818 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/va-veteran-detained-strident-facebook-posts-17045183#.UDMUXcznAid

Raub wrote: "Sharpen my axe; I'm here to sever heads."

During the Reagan admin, NYC taxi's sported ads with Uncle Sam with a bloody ax saying "get it done America" but with no reference as to what "it" was.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: get angry on facebook, go to looney bin ( Marine Vet detained )
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 01:44:09 AM »
He's a 9/11 truther so it's OK.  :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

esheato

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:11:42 AM »
Came here to post this....glad you guys are on top of things.

Some scary stuff for sure.....

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 07:42:57 AM »
Once again, why do people post anything beyond pictures of their pets, cars, or vacations on failbook?
Its fairly well known that failbook gathers info about its users and sells it to anyone willing to buy it- including .gov.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 08:08:11 AM »
I'm putting this into the "dipstick should have known better" category.

OMIGAWD I HAD NO IDEA PEOPLE COULD SEE MY FACEBOOK I SET IT AS PRIVATE THIS IS RIDICULOUS OMG OMG
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 08:46:13 AM »
Once again, why do people post anything beyond pictures of their pets, cars, or vacations on failbook?
Its fairly well known that failbook gathers info about its users and sells it to anyone willing to buy it- including .gov.

I have heard (from a source that tends to conspiracy theories, so it would need corrororation) that the CIA was an early investor.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 08:53:34 AM »
Report and analysis from a thinking libertarian point of view.
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/08/hot-statement-from-brandon-raubs.html

Whatever happened to the Natural Right to be an idiot?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 09:06:27 AM »
Guy wasn't too bright, but well, WELL within the limits of Freedom of Speech.

I do occasionally partake in "patriot" talk on FB but nothing I would be afraid to explain to an interrogator.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 10:32:36 AM »
What we have here is the phenomenon of "asymmetric derangement."  It doesn't take a village, it takes a culture.  People can see that a single person might be unhinged, but, oddly, they fail to see that a government or an entire culture might also be...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 10:59:38 AM »
Report and analysis from a thinking libertarian point of view.
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/08/hot-statement-from-brandon-raubs.html

Whatever happened to the Natural Right to be an idiot?

i notice the "report" neglects to show what he posted.  an oversight?  i suspect not
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 11:08:37 AM »
What we have here is the phenomenon of "asymmetric derangement."  It doesn't take a village, it takes a culture.  People can see that a single person might be unhinged, but, oddly, they fail to see that a government or an entire culture might also be...

true, and if you point it out - you get pointed at.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 12:00:14 PM »
Why is it that when someone starts waving the 1A flag, they always seem to have said something extremely stoopid and/or way out of line.

Just because 1A exists does not mean that I will live at the edge of it's envelope daily.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »
Why is it that when someone starts waving the 1A flag, they always seem to have said something extremely stoopid and/or way out of line.

Just because 1A exists does not mean that I will live at the edge of it's envelope daily.

why do so many folks get so outraged without bothering to read his posts?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 12:50:43 PM »
Other then the axe comment from the first article, Have you found what he said? 

I'm not outraged yet, but I'm curious.  Normally I can count on the media to give me the most outrageous statement in a situation like this, but so far they only provided "Sharpen my axe, I'm here to sever heads" which is a paraphrase of a song lyric.

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »
i am paraphrasing but he promised that the revolution was now  he was doing it by himself if he had to then posted a pic of the smoking hole in the pentagon and said this is what its gonna look like.   add in being a combat engineer you get the hotel silly.  not that easy for them to get a 30 day stay  you gotta get confirmed looney tunes

Blakenzy

• friend
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 01:03:28 PM »
Love the vacant look in his eyes. He looks like a doosh.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

• friends
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 01:05:45 PM »
shocked i am!  a paultribune left out some of the juiciest posts.  did they think they weren't out there?  or do the faithful not look?  speaks to credibility but i guess when you have lil to lose

the kids commentary after that short video?  was inspiring  after we ignore his babble about nutbar and miranda.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 01:15:17 PM »
As a Marine vet who dislikes the fed.gov, nothing I love more than seeing a guy getting deprived of both his 1st and 2nd Amendment rights in one go.  =| Better not paraphrase the Jefferson quote about the tree of liberty if you ever want to own a gun again.

And as always, I'm in awe of CSD's ability to rationalize anything the cops do as reasonable and engage in a little character assassination while he's at it.  ;/

Because the 1st was written to protect non-controversial speech that no one would object to. Oh no wait, unpopular speech is exactly the reason it's there in the first place.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »
As a Marine vet who dislikes the fed.gov, nothing I love more than seeing a guy getting deprived of both his 1st and 2nd Amendment rights in one go.  =| Better not paraphrase the Jefferson quote about the tree of liberty if you ever want to own a gun again.

And as always, I'm in awe of CSD's ability to rationalize anything the cops do as reasonable and engage in a little character assassination while he's at it.  ;/

Because the 1st was written to protect non-controversial speech that no one would object to. Oh no wait, unpopular speech is exactly the reason it's there in the first place.

another unfettered by reading what he posted?

this was less a police action than a mental health one  i think hes in the right place

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 01:23:31 PM »
If preparing for a revolution you think is coming means you're crazy, there's a lot of crazy folks in America.

I read his posts. I saw a lot of hyperbole, posturing, etc. Same as some folks on this website.

It isn't cause for lockup (and subsequent removal of 2A rights)

But then again, it is you we're talking to. Any abuse of authority justified as long as its done by folks with a badge.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 01:28:32 PM »

I know - I was just being pissy.

As long as Westboro Baptist Church is around, the 1A is safe.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 03:37:03 PM »
i am paraphrasing but he promised that the revolution was now  he was doing it by himself if he had to then posted a pic of the smoking hole in the pentagon and said this is what its gonna look like.   add in being a combat engineer you get the hotel silly.  not that easy for them to get a 30 day stay  you gotta get confirmed looney tunes
Source? The first two are in the ron paul link, and the only article i saw mentioning the Pentagon pic he was asking whede the plane was. Not mensa stuff, but pretty far down the well of meh for a terrorist.

Longeyes is dang near that bad with his divorce talk.

• friends
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 06:20:30 PM »
I can't find it saw it last night let me get off phone to real comp and i'll look more [barf]