Author Topic: get angry on facebook, go to looney bin ( Marine Vet detained )  (Read 9819 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: get angry on facebook, go to looney bin ( Marine Vet detained )
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »
Source? The first two are in the ron paul link, and the only article i saw mentioning the Pentagon pic he was asking whede the plane was. Not mensa stuff, but pretty far down the well of meh for a terrorist.

Longeyes is dang near that bad with his divorce talk.

Duplicate post.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:48:01 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 07:45:41 PM »
Source? The first two are in the ron paul link, and the only article i saw mentioning the Pentagon pic he was asking whede the plane was. Not mensa stuff, but pretty far down the well of meh for a terrorist.

Longeyes is dang near that bad with his divorce talk.

Don't link me with people like that.  And you're no Mensa candidate, believe me.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 08:39:11 PM »
I apologize if I gave offense. 

My point was not that you were a terrorist, but rather that "Revolution" talk is pretty common on the internet. 

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 11:25:42 PM »
From what I have seen, the guy was not very mature and not very bright, but compare to the stuff that has come from the left it is, as another poster said, pretty low on the wall of "meh."
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012, 12:58:53 AM »
I apologize if I gave offense. 

My point was not that you were a terrorist, but rather that "Revolution" talk is pretty common on the internet. 

Okay.

I think we have to be careful on this forum not to play into the hands of certain forces out there that would tar all of us given the chance.

I am not preaching revolution just frustration.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2012, 10:13:39 AM »
Okay.

I think we have to be careful on this forum not to play into the hands of certain forces out there that would tar all of us given the chance.

I am not preaching revolution just frustration.

The latter, at some point, will rightly become the former if there is no positive change.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 08:36:38 AM »
Here are a few samples of his posts.  Nothing here rises to the level of "take away his 1st & 2nd amendment rights", but I can see how it might merit taking a closer look at him.  Where he falls on the "loud mouth idiot" to "nutjob about to go off and kill a few dozen people" scale isn't for me to say.

"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 09:09:44 AM »
Those posts are the results of obsession over a few singular issues, as well as viewing all information through a particular lens--basically "echo chamber" in extremis.

Not healthy or smart. I'm ashamed to say I used to live there. Never like that though. The thought process that leads to thinking those things AND posted them is...not good.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 09:18:37 AM »
Here are a few samples of his posts.  Nothing here rises to the level of "take away his 1st & 2nd amendment rights", but I can see how it might merit taking a closer look at him.  Where he falls on the "loud mouth idiot" to "nutjob about to go off and kill a few dozen people" scale isn't for me to say.

Anything short of "I'm going to kill a bunch of people" should only garner a close eye.
Whey they decide indirect threats are a threat....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »

Anything short of "I'm going to kill a bunch of people" should only garner a close eye.
Whey they decide indirect threats are a threat....

...they validate dude's ranting.

Talk is just talk(1).  Keep on talking, maybe get some scrutiny.  But, until someone does harm, tossing them in jail or the loony bin is uncalled for and stalinesque.

Besides, why does this guy (assuming he is fruit loops) deserve 3 hots/cot and rubber room treatment?  I've seen puh-lenty of folks more dangerous to themselves & others in serious need of life-long commitment get booted to the curb at hospitals.

I think I get it.  He was arrested & sat on:
1. Because dude wasn't so far gone, because he did have enough rationality to post on FB
2. Because his bluster was aimed not at regular folks, but at the King's Men

(1) Treason is an exception, as is assault against another person. That's about it for exceptions.  Gov't is not a person, so it ought to suck it up and drive on.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 11:15:48 AM »
you know he's not really a threat if you read the last post on the bottom, he needs someone to pick him up to start the revolution??? ;/  That's like a 9 yr old running away from home as soon as grandma can come and pick her up!

You don't hitchhike to the revolution.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 11:43:42 AM »
Here's a quote from a LEO who was there.  He posted on another forum I belong to.  You may want to read this and take it into account before coming to any conclusions about this guy being jailed without any cause, or unjustly.  If you go there and read the whole thread it may help more.

Quote from: Musashi
Gentlemen.  I work for Chesterfield PD.  I've been involved in the case, so there's little I can give in the way of specifics.  What I can say is don't jump to conclusions.  There is a reason he was put in a mental hospital, and then court ordered to be evaluated for 30 more days.  This guy is crazy.  His family is crazy.  Brandon is NOT the Libertarian poster child you've been looking for.  He is not a hero to be put on the pedastal of martyrdom.  He's just a crazy guy that made some very explicit threats against some people and organizations.  I'm sorry I can't get specific, but trust me, everything was done to procedure, the arrrest was good and for good reason.

http://wethearmed.com/general-non-firearms-discussion/why-is-this-happening/

Here's a little more detail about the matter.  Noticed the bolded & underlined statement -- which I added.

Quote from: Musashi
As one of the afore-mentioned local law enforcement, we were shown the evidence and agreed to help.  He was commited to a mental hospital based on what he said to officers and agents after being detained.  You guys know me, im not the bad guy.  Im not trying to round up peaceful veterans to put in concentration camps.  I cant give specifics but stop trying to paint this guy as a martyer.  Dont hitch your wagon to this nut job.

http://wethearmed.com/general-non-firearms-discussion/why-is-this-happening/25/

Looks maybe a little different than how some people have thought, no?   
Keep your mind open.....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
Out of curiosity, i wonder if they investigated the people that liked those posts.

I also wonder what he said to law enforcement.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2012, 03:59:32 PM »
See his Moms vid
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:48:32 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2012, 05:37:44 PM »
I suppose by any definition he is "crazy"  =|

If you're going to do something, you don't talk about it first  ;/  ;)  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2012, 06:31:44 PM »
The internetz are reporting that the judge ordered his release
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 08:00:03 PM »
Linky?

Never mind, found my own. And from Russia Today of all places.

http://rt.com/usa/news/judge-marine-facebook-raub-421/

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 01:01:41 AM »

Also got word this evening that his sister may have video recorded the "detainment" proceedings.

That will be interesting if true.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

• friends
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 04:20:14 AM »
Doesn't his release invalidate his beliefs? If his world view was real he'd be on a train to the "fema camps" and only al.jones would know
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 05:50:52 AM »
Doesn't his release invalidate his beliefs? If his world view was real he'd be on a train to the "fema camps" and only al.jones would know

Only to an extent.

Yes, obviously the fact this person was released shows that the system still works.

But there's still a you-can-beat-the-rap-you-can't-beat-the-ride vibe to it.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2012, 09:13:14 AM »
if his friends think he is crazy,  enough so that they dimed him, maybe they know more than we do.  it would appear that if crazy is a genetic trait hes 1/2 way there

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
if his friends think he is crazy,  enough so that they dimed him, maybe they know more than we do.  it would appear that if crazy is a genetic trait hes 1/2 way there

Yes, because the initiating factor behind an involuntary stay at a mental hospital should be based on "well, his FRIENDS think he's crazy..."

CSD:  hes clearly crazy he was put into a hospital

*guy is released from hospital on the order of a judge*

CSD: well his friends think hes crazy so maybe he's crazy

If a few of your friends think you're crazy, you'd be OK with cops barging in on you and involuntarily committing you to a mental institution?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:43:59 AM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2012, 09:43:52 AM »
most of the time thats exactly what it is  friends or family.  unless you go full on nutbar in public and the cops commit you.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2012, 09:47:58 AM »
most of the time thats exactly what it is  friends or family.  unless you go full on nutbar in public and the cops commit you.

brb, collecting some of your APS posts and forwarding them to the FBI. Enjoy your hospital stay.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2012, 09:50:09 AM »
And not just any friends, his facebook friends! Yeeeah, I think I'll take the word of the guy who went to war with him twice instead.