Author Topic: get angry on facebook, go to looney bin ( Marine Vet detained )  (Read 9821 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: get angry on facebook, go to looney bin ( Marine Vet detained )
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2012, 04:35:39 PM »
None of this changes the fact that you are OK with someone being incarcerated against their will based on vague Facebook posts....

You even admitted it.

That makes you an enemy of freedom, pure and simple. You cannot derp your way out of that fact
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »
It wasn't Hooters girls that took him away...

Or we would all be acting crazy  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »
its not official till you work at least one other buzz phrase in  "good american citizen" seems popular   as does "educate yourself!" though that does have an al jones flavor which may bother some   ymmv
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2012, 04:44:33 PM »
It wasn't Hooters girls that took him away...

the cops don't have the authority to commit him   they do get the order to pick him up.   hes fortunate in a way the secret service was nvolved  they handle lots of nuts. and are very good at doing it with no one getting hurt.  guy i had lunch with can testify.  he went over the fence at the white house in the waning days of bush the younger
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »
How is any of that relevant ?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2012, 04:51:16 PM »
did the guns, in their holsters, scare you guys?  all at once give you the vapors?  you get like that over open carry too? >:D

Funny you should say that ...

When open carry by private citizens became rare, people seem to have gotten the idea that because only police carried guns that a holstered gun carried an implied threat of "comply or else"  =|

I don't carry a sidearm to threaten anybody - well, unless you intend me harm.  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Blakenzy

• friend
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
So the question is:  who has authority to haul you to the looney bin for "evaluation"?  (I guess not quite full committment) 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge