Author Topic: Lance Armstrong  (Read 6021 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Lance Armstrong
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »
He could, though with only one arm and one leg augmented, and a normal human in-between, it would be a bloodbath as his augmented limbs rip off.

TV Show; right arm, both legs were bionic.
1972 novel; left arm, both legs, were bionic.
Should think a bicycle would be fine but would suggest a good helmet.....prone to crashes ..... :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

birdman

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 01:43:33 PM »
Was his pelvis bionic?  If not, I still say bloodbath as whatever leg he pushes off with tears off his body.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 01:45:51 PM »
I would so watch that.

Only thing cooler would be enhanced-persons' MMA fights.

You'd have to label the front row seats as "Splash Zones" like SeaWorld.  :laugh:

As for Lance, eh, I think the literally hundreds of actual recorded drug screens that show him clean are a bit more convincing than a faceless and vaguely articulated accusation. "B-b-but those drug screens could have been faulty!" Well then, why aren't you stripping everyone who has tested negative for PED's of their titles. After all their screens might have been faulty. *eyeroll*

As to the use of PED's: It's their body, I have absolutely no right to tell someone else what they may put in it, and by extension neither should the government. In the sense of competitive balance I would be all for the suggested performance classes.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »
Was his pelvis bionic?  If not, I still say bloodbath as whatever leg he pushes off with tears off his body.

In Martin Caidin's novel, IIRC his pelvis had been broken and was repaired, though I forget how extensive the repairs were.....his spine (vertebrae) was also injured and repaired ....again, I forget the details. Also, his skull and jaw received some interesting repair work. The TV show did not mention some of the nasty injuries Colonel Austin sustained when the M3F5 Lifting Body smashed into Roger's Dry Lake at Edwards AFB. 
The TV show portrayed Lee Majors doing many things ... "bionically" that defied some laws of physics.  Caidin was more aware of these laws and more conservative in portraying "bionic" events, as it were. 
But I don't see why bicycle racing would present any overwhelming challenges....as long as Austin avoided "a blow-out in damper 5." [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero