Author Topic: North Carolina Baptist Men: Kudos  (Read 798 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
North Carolina Baptist Men: Kudos
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:37:20 PM »
The other day, I watched an episode of 'Modern Marvels' about food trucks of all things.  They did a segment on a truck called Manna One, which is operated by the North Carolina Baptist Men.  I got intrigued, and I did some Googling. 

This organization (and perhaps other Baptist/religious groups in the area of whom I am unaware) do quite the good works in terms of disaster relief and providing medical and dental outreach.  I was really impressed with what I read about them and the good works that they do.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: North Carolina Baptist Men: Kudos
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 07:50:53 PM »
Many religious orgs have DR outreach programs.  The Mennonites, Lutherans, Jews, etc.

The Southern Baptists is one of the largest; right up there with the Red Cross and The Salvation Army.  Look for the yellow caps and their logo.
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 08:39:46 PM »
My father-in-law is part of that NC Baptist Men group.  He heads out with them on all kinds of disaster relief.  SWMBO is quite proud of him.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:58:46 PM »
Yep, most of the big denominations have them. And when I donate, it's often to one of the ones affiliated with my synod.

And, often but I can't speak for all cases, a better percentage of the money goes to actually helping people rather than "administration".
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 09:21:52 PM »
Say what you want about organized religion, but the people involved in those groups do some really great work.  Not sure how many atheist groups value service. Maybe there are a couple of them, but I'm not aware of any.