Author Topic: The fail is (allegedly) strong with this one.  (Read 1216 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
The fail is (allegedly) strong with this one.
« on: August 31, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »
Oh yeah, could be a hit piece, or could be God's own gospel. We'll just have to wait and see, but until then my inner cynic is busy having a schadenfreude party.  [popcorn] (and for the record, the schadenfreude is entirely directed at the Big O)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/31/families-deceased-seals-claim-presidential-condolence-letters-signed-with-auto/

ETA: By the way, I don't really need to state how much of an insult this is (if proven to be true) to the sacrifice of our nations heroes and their families, do I?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:48:57 PM by kgbsquirrel »

brimic

• friends
Re: The fail is (allegedly) strong with this one.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 05:04:24 PM »
I can't decide which is more insulting- having a machine sign the letters or lying about hand signing each letter.

OTOH, does this behavior from pathological narcissist surprise anyone?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 05:10:30 PM »
It's one thing to stretch or slightly bend the truth.  This administration has gone far beyond that to outright lying.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »
I have no problem with The Commander in Chief sending a form letter that was electronically signed.  Besides the fact that he has many other issues and problems that I would rather he attend to as both the CiC and POTUS, his record would suggest that hand-signing a letter would be the height of hypocrisy.

The attempts to cover what should have been a non-event (even though all the letters were word for word the same) is what frosts me.  And speaking of word-for-word letters, there is a long and honored history of both the wording and the reason why those words are the ones used.  Basically it boils down to everybody is treated equally - if there is anything special it will be handled by a commendation (medal to you non-.mil types).

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »
“The President signs every such letter personally,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Friday

I have no problem with The Commander in Chief sending a form letter that was electronically signed.  Besides the fact that he has many other issues and problems that I would rather he attend to as both the CiC and POTUS, his record would suggest that hand-signing a letter would be the height of hypocrisy.

Why do they have a need to lie about it? Is lying the Obama admin's default setting?
Should we find this acceptable?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 05:53:36 PM »
I have no problem with The Commander in Chief sending a form letter that was electronically signed.  Besides the fact that he has many other issues and problems that I would rather he attend to as both the CiC and POTUS, his record would suggest that hand-signing a letter would be the height of hypocrisy.

The attempts to cover what should have been a non-event (even though all the letters were word for word the same) is what frosts me.  And speaking of word-for-word letters, there is a long and honored history of both the wording and the reason why those words are the ones used.  Basically it boils down to everybody is treated equally - if there is anything special it will be handled by a commendation (medal to you non-.mil types).

stay safe.
I agree with your second paragraph, but we really don't have that many soldiers dying combat that the President can't take a little time with it.  Even if it was a form letter, a signature takes little or no time and it seems appropriate to me.  I think Presidents spend far more time on far less important things that this.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 06:19:45 PM »
I think Presidents spend far more time on far less important things that this.

You mean, like sending personal letter of condolence to the family of a rapper?

http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20120830005-obama-letters.html

(Maybe not the most unbiased source, but it does link to an ABC news piece)

bob

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 06:34:57 PM »
Did some of you actually read the article?

There is no proof of lying now - the Veteran's organization is going to investigate.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 07:05:39 PM »
Wasn't there hoopla about rumsfield using an auto pen too?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!