Author Topic: Oh dear  (Read 917 times)

agricola

• friend
Oh dear
« on: September 02, 2012, 09:05:34 AM »
Frame a disabled child in a country where they execute people for blasphemy?  You better make sure that your mates dont dob you in to the cops, then:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/02/pakistan-mullah-blasphemy-girl-framed

The law and its application is of course sickeningly offensive, but I would be lying if this chap being hoist by his own petard isnt found by myself to be just slightly hilarious.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Oh dear
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:23:29 AM »
Frame a disabled child in a country where they execute people for blasphemy?  You better make sure that your mates dont dob you in to the cops, then:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/02/pakistan-mullah-blasphemy-girl-framed

The law and its application is of course sickeningly offensive, but I would be lying if this chap being hoist by his own petard isnt found by myself to be just slightly hilarious.

So is he facing a death penalty now for the same offense?  The article also doesn't say anything about what happened to the girl.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:51:37 AM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

agricola

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »
So he he facing a death penalty now for the same offense?  The article also doesn't say anything about what happened to the girl.

He should be facing the death penalty, though it appears that the usual mobs havent appeared demanding his death up to this point. 

The girl is still in custody, in an adult jail IIRC.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:48:01 AM »
"[Chishti] must be prosecuted under the blasphemy law as it will set a precedent against anyone else who tries to misuse that law."
she is Christian.  I have little expectation of any justice.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge