Author Topic: Mancrush on David Koch  (Read 7254 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Mancrush on David Koch
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »
Ran with an L. behind his name a couple times, back in the early days of that party.  That's my recollection.

at least once  and he made the ballot
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »
that plan seems to assume that no one else has nukes or if they do they won't use em.  thats a flaw
and it ignores our recent history in conflicts

China has nuclear bombs but is only now developing the missiles necessary to project them.  By the time this war develops .... who know if M.A.D. will work?  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 05:38:05 PM »
that same myopia exists.  why do you imagine china as the only player?

they don't need to wipe us out  just hit a good lick with nukes would leave a mark
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/25/world/asia/chinas-missile-advances-aimed-at-thwarting-us-defenses-analysts-say.html
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 05:58:38 PM »
I have no idea what will happen in the future.  Who will align themselves with China?  Russia?  Maybe, but theyve not proven to be the best of friends. 
Naybe Tom Clancy can concoct a believable scenario with likely allies and antagonists all spelled out.
Can you?
 =|
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

birdman

• friend
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 06:12:38 PM »
China has nuclear bombs but is only now developing the missiles necessary to project them.  By the time this war develops .... who know if M.A.D. will work?  [tinfoil]

China has had the means to deliver large multi-megaton warheads via ICBM to the US for over 40 years.  Ever since Tsien left the US and created the DF-5/CSS-4 in 1971.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 06:20:15 PM »
China has had the means to deliver large multi-megaton warheads via ICBM to the US for over 40 years.  Ever since Tsien left the US and created the DF-5/CSS-4 in 1971.

Really?   Last I heard was Clinton selling them some techie stuff back in the 90s and helping them work out some bugs in the multi-stage stuff....which was rather unreliable ..... waaaaaaaayyyy after 1971 ....... ???

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
I am reasonably certain that I had read that Chinese ICBMs can reach the West Coast of the US at a minimum.  This piqued my interest, living in Seattle and all.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 08:23:06 PM »
Really?   Last I heard was Clinton selling them some techie stuff back in the 90s and helping them work out some bugs in the multi-stage stuff....which was rather unreliable ..... waaaaaaaayyyy after 1971 ....... ???

What you are referring to was the use of the Iridium smart dispenser satellite bus on the long march space launch vehicle (a derivative of the CSS-4) which gave them a leg up on a MIRV'able bus design, but they have had single warhead ICBM's since the early 70's, missiles capable of reaching anywhere in CONUS in the early 80's and have been also launching large satellites since the early 80's.

Seriously, believe me on this, they have had the ability to hit us for over 40 years (west coast) and all of conus for almost 30 years.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 11:26:32 PM »
What you are referring to was the use of the Iridium smart dispenser satellite bus on the long march space launch vehicle (a derivative of the CSS-4) which gave them a leg up on a MIRV'able bus design, but they have had single warhead ICBM's since the early 70's, missiles capable of reaching anywhere in CONUS in the early 80's and have been also launching large satellites since the early 80's.

Seriously, believe me on this, they have had the ability to hit us for over 40 years (west coast) and all of conus for almost 30 years.

OK, don't get your feathers in wad, I believe you.    :angel: