Author Topic: Are millenials the screwed generation?  (Read 8582 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Are millenials the screwed generation?
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »
Whether I can be successful or not by my own initiative and drive is neither here nor there, the crux of the issue is thus: If I'm not going to be seeing the fulfillment of those Statist promises, ie. collect back on Social Security/Medicare 45 years down the road, then why must I continue, under threat of violent force, to hand over the wealth I earned through my own efforts into said empty promise?

One of things on my wish list in life is to see the whole SS/welfare/medicare ponzi scheme implode.
Short of taxing 100% of every working person's income or implementing a Logan's Run style treatment of old people, its going to cease to exist in its current form in 10-15 years (if not sooner!) Its not sustainable, it never was. It was built on the leftist hedonistic value of live for today because you will be dead before the bill come due.

As far as having to pay into it? Well you really don't have a choice unless you eek out a living outside of the normal system.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 11:19:47 AM »
deja vue

i had forgotten but my dad remembers my whining how his generation had ruined the world i was allegedly gonna grow up in. i remember his counsel now.  "suck it up!  get busy."
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2012, 11:54:35 AM »

Very true....most truckers now are company drivers. Pretty soon, most farmers will be company employees. So much for heritage....

All for the good of The Party, comrade  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin