Author Topic: Questions Arise About Anti-Islam Filmmaker  (Read 18031 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: Questions Arise About Anti-Islam Filmmaker
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 11:20:58 PM »
Yes, you are missing one of those silly 'coexist' bumberstickers on your car.

I am not going to type what I am really thinking, but it involves camels and cross-hairs for a sticker....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

brimic

• friends
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 12:37:25 AM »
Just finished watching it on youtube.
The production value is not even to the level of what a high schooler might make.
I probably spent more time reading comments which had far greater entertainment value.

I can only a few reasons for muslims/obama blaming this movie for the embassy attacks:
A. muslims have within their ranks people who truly are bleeding idiot barbarians.
B. The obama admin wants to use this as an example to crack down on free speech.
C. Both A&B
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 12:47:23 AM »
Yes, you are missing one of those silly 'coexist' bumberstickers on your car.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 12:58:37 AM »
I don't see Mormons trying to kill Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

Or Catholics.

Or Gingers.

Or Goth Kids.

Or Politicians.

... although, they did the "Super Best Friends" episode with Mohamed in it and no one threatened asplodeys.  And they had Mohamed w/ Super Best Friends come back again briefly in a few other episodes, too.  No asplodeys.  Even had him in the title sequence for one season.  Never understood how they escaped all that, despite poking the bear deliberately.

Yeah, but they are equal opportunity bear pokers, and it doesn't take a genius to notice that their "insults" are actually valid critiques of painful reality; exposing the elephant in the room.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 01:13:33 AM »
I don't see Mormons trying to kill Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

Or Catholics.

Or Gingers.

Or Goth Kids.

Or Politicians.

Don't forget the worst of them all: Scientologists.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 09:32:45 AM »
Don't forget the worst of them all: Scientologists.

Scientologists are worse: they sic lawyers on their victims.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 09:35:29 AM »

And quit the show in a huff of indignation after spending years making fun of everyone else.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 09:45:41 AM »

Screaming beards may only kill you. Land sharks will drain your soul and leave the dry husk as a warning to others...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 10:02:57 AM »
I feel that we should have increased the security of the embassies in the case(s) where there was advance knowledge.  It would have only made sense to increase security on the anniversary of 9-11 attack 11 years ago.  That would have been a small cost.  I think we should have defended our territory as best we could.

Jamie B, I read through your posts in this thread and can not find your opinion on the very subject you started a thread on.

I support free speech.  True or false, the film maker had the right to make the movie.  But he has to accept the consequences of exercising his free speech.  The riots were definitely planned or at least the leaders planned them and the sheeple followed once the plan was implemented.

I have not seen the movie, but I have heard many discussions on TV and in the media.  My personal opinion is that the movie is a piece to flush out American (and Western) sentiments on a topic that the makers already knew the sentiments of the radical Islamists. Ultimately, it comes down to who's side are you on?  We move forward toward the religion based war.  
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 01:47:31 PM »
Islam has serious problems, but so do we.  We need to be honest about our meddling and what lies behind it.  That doesn't sanitize the realities of Islam and how consonant it is or isn't with our own national values, but it might create a basis for an honest if limited pragmatic relationship.  We have good reasons not to like or trust each other, and that is not going away.  If we want trouble we can continue doing what we are doing, but we'd better be ready to play it out to where it has to go.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »
Took some time off today and was listening to NPR's the Dianne Reihm Show.  She had representatives from the entire political spectrum: Left, Far Left, and YGTBSM Left.

Only one of the talking heads was in favor of free speech, period.  All the rest blamed the film maker for the brutality of muslims and thought he ought to face legal sanction.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

agricola

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 06:26:52 PM »
Islam has serious problems, but so do we.  We need to be honest about our meddling and what lies behind it.  That doesn't sanitize the realities of Islam and how consonant it is or isn't with our own national values, but it might create a basis for an honest if limited pragmatic relationship.  We have good reasons not to like or trust each other, and that is not going away.  If we want trouble we can continue doing what we are doing, but we'd better be ready to play it out to where it has to go.

Few posts on APS have ever been as spot on as this.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »

Yes!

The problem is, the people who are insisting on the current round of meddling do not have a consistent set of geopolitical goals (that would be known as 'ideology', and that is BAAAAAAD), nor do they have the knowledge they pretend to have - yet they claim to possess unique 'expertise' under which they can direct forces and assets to control the lives of dozens of millions of people in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Which is why foreign policy experts are the second-worst type of people in the world.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2012, 08:39:37 PM »
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 08:43:41 PM »
Took some time off today and was listening to NPR's the Dianne Reihm Show.  She had representatives from the entire political spectrum: Left, Far Left, and YGTBSM Left.

Only one of the talking heads was in favor of free speech, period.  All the rest blamed the film maker for the brutality of muslims and thought he ought to face legal sanction.

Don't leave us hangin', which one was for free speech?  I'll guess it was "YGTBSM"  (Took me about 20 seconds to figure out the acronym.  I'm slipping)
"It's good, though..."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 09:19:23 PM »
And exactly how many theaters in Egypt and Libya (and elsewhere in the ME) was this movie playing in?  

(I also don't see showing in any theaters anywhere in the Chicagoland area.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:53:14 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 09:54:57 PM »
Irrelevant.

An Imam told us about it, so...RIOT!
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 10:09:48 PM »
If that's a bumpersticker, I want one!

It is, I've seen it on a few cars around here.
Andy

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 12:54:01 AM »
It's not about the movie. It's not about our foreign policy. If we came home, zero military or diplomatic meddling and made nothing but Mohammed loves everyone movies the people behind this would invent a reason. It is about hate and submission. There are about 1 billion muslims. 40-100 million or so of them ascribe to radical BS. It is time the rest of them rooted out the cancer instead of providing aid and comfort, but apparently they like to be in the same bed.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2012, 12:57:08 AM »
And exactly how many theaters in Egypt and Libya (and elsewhere in the ME) was this movie playing in?  

(I also don't see showing in any theaters anywhere in the Chicagoland area.)

I heard sometime today that this "trailer" is actually bogus, someone made a really crappy overdub. I don't have a source yet but I'm curious about the validity of it.

Also to me these embassy attacks and protests all happening within hours of each other shows that it appears to be organized and has been planned for a while to be some anger protest over a film.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 01:54:40 AM »
A news story I read said that the .gov is looking for a way to charge the filmmaker. They're not sure what they can nail him for, but they want to make an example of him.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2012, 03:06:56 AM »
I know that this will get me committed, but.....

I think that the entire thing was planned from front to back.

The film makers had planned with ME groups to get Islamic people fired up using the video.
US actors in the film said that their spoken lines were nowhere near as political as the final over-dubbing.
They would then hunker down behind the US 1A, and cause internal fighting as our politicl factions fought each other about 1A freedom vs. government interdiction.

The trailer was then dropped on Youtube, the the ME agitators then went to work translating and sharing the video amongst their factions.
I believe that the Youtube views were less than 10,000 right after this started.
All of these muslims are pissed about the video, and the view count is low?
I'll bet that they already had copies that began circulating within the ME.
Cripe, the original went up on Youtube in July!

All of these actions were planned and coordinated, culminating in attacks on US embassies throughout the ME.

My analysis is based upon the simplicity used by AQ for the 9/11 attacks.
Given our current weak economic condition, and our weak social order, as it is an election year, the timing was perfect.

AQ has been unable to get us domestically (underwear, shoes, etc), so they figured that hitting our hallowed ground overseas would work, and draw us out, and spread us very thin aroung the world.

Go ahead and call me stupid, or a conspiracy theorist, but I have never forgotten the simple, basic logic behind the 9/11 attacks.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:20:07 PM by Jamie B »
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
If it's a conspiracy it should have been a conspiracy that sank the Obama administration based on its benighted MENA policies.

But has it?  Seems not...

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2012, 04:21:49 PM »
http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/150745/
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/09/anti-muslim-film-nakoula-basseley-innocence-muslims.html

THEY TOLD ME IF I VOTED FOR JOHN MCCAIN, POLITICALLY TROUBLESOME INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS WOULD BE HARASSED BY THE AUTHORITIES — AND THEY WERE RIGHT!   Alleged ‘Innocence of Muslims’ filmmaker taken in for interviewing by deputies.

This running gag isn’t as funny as it used to be. Imagine the uproar if we had a Republican in the White House — but it’s the absence of uproar over these tactics that is really revealing. It’s going to be really hard for the press and pundits who should be raising a stink about this, but aren’t, to play their “have you no decency?” games during a Republican Administration. They’ll try, of course, but they should be treated with the contempt they deserve. And that should start now, actually.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton