Author Topic: Questions Arise About Anti-Islam Filmmaker  (Read 18033 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Questions Arise About Anti-Islam Filmmaker
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »
http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/150745/
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/09/anti-muslim-film-nakoula-basseley-innocence-muslims.html

[CSD]  He must have done something to warrant having his (pointless and unreasonable) civil rights stomped on. The government only ever goes after people who deserve it.  [/CSD]

Yeah, this is gonna get interesting, in the Chinese curse sort of way.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »
They are setting us up for the criminalization of speech, as they already have in other parts of the Anglosphere.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2012, 10:42:23 PM »
They told me if I voted for McCain, brownshirts would roust politically troublesome people in the middle of the night.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2012, 10:50:51 PM »

[CSD]  He must have done something to warrant having his (pointless and unreasonable) civil rights stomped on. The government only ever goes after people who deserve it.  [/CSD]

Yeah, this is gonna get interesting, in the Chinese curse sort of way.

less interesting than your fevered dreams.  his legal troubles started well before this.   and he plead guilty
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2012, 10:51:13 PM »
They told me if I voted for Ron Paul I was wasting my vote -- and that was in the Primaries

I missed the whole point; I thought we were just riffing on "they told me"  :facepalm:  (I hate it when I do that)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:44:37 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

• friends
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2012, 10:54:27 PM »
not sure if he plead guilty to the meth charges.  that probation condition about alias's is "problematic" for him

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-09-14/news/sns-rt-us-protests-californiabre88d05p-20120913_1_nakoula-basseley-nakoula-bank-fraud-anti-muslim-video
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »
Just finished watching it on youtube.
The production value is not even to the level of what a high schooler might make.
I probably spent more time reading comments which had far greater entertainment value.

I can only a few reasons for muslims/obama blaming this movie for the embassy attacks:
A. muslims have within their ranks people who truly are bleeding idiot barbarians.
B. The obama admin wants to use this as an example to crack down on free speech.
C. Both A&B

C.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2012, 07:09:19 AM »
Where is the ACLU?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/316902/wheres-aclu-mark-krikorian

You want to know why normal people feel nothing but loathing and contempt for the ACLU? Just look at their complete silence on this Mohammed-video business. Not a peep on their website, which is all war-on-women, get-out-the-vote Democratic-party talking points. This despite the fact that the FBI is being sent to hunt down the producers of material that is unquestionably protected by the First Amendment.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2012, 09:27:59 AM »
http://www.quickmeme.com/Defend-the-Constitution/?upcoming

OMFG, some of them are actually quite good.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friends
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2012, 10:04:58 AM »
why would the aclu intervene for a guy who pretty clearly violated his probation? hes lucky his po did't jugg him

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »
why would the aclu intervene for a guy who pretty clearly violated his probation? hes lucky his po did't jugg him

What does probation for ANY crime have to do with the first amendment and getting the ACLU to do what they say they're there for? Using computers to make and distribute the movie (potential probation violation), and the movie itself, are two completely different issues. Other than the fact that if he'd made a youtube video on how to bake his favorite cookie recipe, no one would be taking him in for violating his probation.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

• friends
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »
What does probation for ANY crime have to do with the first amendment and getting the ACLU to do what they say they're there for? Using computers to make and distribute the movie (potential probation violation), and the movie itself, are two completely different issues. Other than the fact that if he'd made a youtube video on how to bake his favorite cookie recipe, no one would be taking him in for violating his probation.

has he been charged over the film?  or are you trying to spin his meeting with his po into something more sinister?  is he being held?  no?  as a parole he gives up many rights.  he has options even then.  decline parole

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2012, 11:03:50 AM »
or are you trying to spin his meeting with his po into something more sinister? 

Yes, quite frankly, I am. As I mentioned, if it was a YouTube video on baking cookies, he wouldn't have been investigated by the FBI, nor would he have been brought in for parole violation questioning.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2012, 11:03:53 AM »
What bothers me is apparently the DoJ evidently outted the film maker.  Why is DoJ taking side and not defending the right of free speech?  Just one more example of how the DoJ has evidently flipped allegiances.  That one assumption creates a whole host of questions no one to date has the bollocks to answer.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

• friends
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2012, 11:07:56 AM »
Yes, quite frankly, I am. As I mentioned, if it was a YouTube video on baking cookies, he wouldn't have been investigated by the FBI, nor would he have been brought in for parole violation questioning.

you not aware/ignoring the conditions of his parole?  one of which he clearly broke?

• friends
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2012, 11:09:12 AM »

if he used an alias  in direct conflict with a specific condition of his parole he could be  and should be

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2012, 11:10:13 AM »
you not aware/ignoring the conditions of his parole?  one of which he clearly broke?

Clear case of not seeing the forest for the trees.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2012, 11:29:58 AM »
And how many (or what percentage) parolees get hauled in for violating their parole ??   Damn few, unless they interfere with the president's re-election campaign.

Forest, meet Tree.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »
And how many (or what percentage) parolees get hauled in for violating their parole ??   Damn few, unless they interfere with the president's re-election campaign.

Forest, meet Tree.

the trick to not getting pulled in is to not draw attention to oneself.  you know like making a movie thats deliberately designed to make a ruckus.  using an alias in direct conflict with judges order is just stupid icing

and we seem to conveniently ignore the reality thats hes still free. one moght say he got preferential treatment. at least so far   zomg!

more reality here   don't open it you won't like it!   http://reentrypolicy.org/Report/PartII/ChapterII-D/PolicyStatement25/ResearchHighlight25-1

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2012, 02:23:14 PM »

Because if GWB were in office and some probationary got the hairy eyeball for producing something politically awkward for GWB & they started investigating him due to that, the ACLU would be hollering "selective enforcement" from the rooftops.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »
It amuses that amongst folk so concerned about their own liberty and infringements upon it so many are so free with the liberty of others. For me but not for thee.

~~cassandra and sara's daddy, on another topic.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2012, 02:26:13 PM »
CSD, here's the consistent problem with your arguments in all threads similar to this:

There's a Zombie attack in your town. Everybody is heading for the hills, abandoning their cars on the downtown streets. You're the meter maid still downtown putting tickets on all the abandoned vehicles because they're illegally parked.

• friends
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2012, 06:01:41 PM »
Was that your way of addressing his blatant violation?
The fact that so far he has not been violated?
or the fact that contrary to the gestalts consensus hes not in some suspicious minority if he does get violated?

You can be violated for quitting your job, even if its to take a better one. I know a guy violated for marrying the women he'd lived with for 20 years and had 3 kids with. He needed permission. You can be free white and 21 and get violated for 1 sip of beer. They take extra time to explain the details. So far rather than showing arbitrary enforcement ,r meth with a side of bank fraud has gotten if anything especially lenient treatment.how that can be spun to make him a martyr is mysterious.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2012, 06:08:24 PM »
Well they only showed up as fast as they did to deport Obama's aunt.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.