Author Topic: Ha ha! Suck it, TSA!  (Read 1422 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Ha ha! Suck it, TSA!
« on: September 17, 2012, 11:11:21 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204422/Controversial-naked-airport-body-scanners-scrapped-failing-receive-European-approval.html#ixzz26jXm9u2u

Yes, it's in Europe, not the US.

But, the US TSA pretty much dictates airport security policy around the Western world.  You want to fly to the States?  Then follow the TSA's rules for security protocol.

Well, the Euros have done something right, for once.  Good on them.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Ha ha! Suck it, TSA!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »
Scanners use X-ray technology to show up hidden explosives or weapons
Fears machines could emit harmful levels of cancer-causing radiation
European report said risk 'close to zero' but bosses still failed to give go-ahead

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204422/Controversial-naked-airport-body-scanners-scrapped-failing-receive-European-approval.html#ixzz26kytFU5I

when you have to follow them you might wanna take a peek and see where they are leading you
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:34:21 PM »
like here

EC bosses eventually declared the risk was 'close to zero' in a report in May - and Manchester airport expected the technology would be approved for permanent use.

But bosses are still waiting for the green light and now say they have been left with no option but to axe the 16 security machines because Brussels legislation does not allow security trials to exceed a three-year period.

As Manchester airport introduced the scanners as part of a security pilot in October 2009, they will have to scrap the machines at the end of next month.

In a red-tape wrangle, £1.1m will be splashed out on new 'privacy-friendly' machines and the recruitment of an extra 55 full-time security officers, who will manually frisk passengers.

The new scanners will use radio-frequency technology instead of X-ray radiation.

Russell Craig, spokesman for the airport, said: 'We’ve been talking to passengers literally every week and our security staff and overwhelmingly in August it was 100% thumbs-up to security at Manchester Airport.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204422/Controversial-naked-airport-body-scanners-scrapped-failing-receive-European-approval.html#ixzz26kzjtYAy
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »

The new scanners will use radio-frequency technology instead of X-ray radiation.

:facepalm:

X-rays are just EM radiation of a particular frequency or wavelength.... just like "radio-frequency".

So, any hints as to what frequency they're going to irradiate us with instead?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »

X-rays are just EM radiation of a particular frequency or wavelength.... just like "radio-frequency".

Gee, I hope it's a Classic Country station  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:25:44 PM »

Well, there's always 2.45 GHz.  Works well for microwave ovens.  Boils water really well.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »
Well, there's always 2.45 GHz.  Works well for microwave ovens.  Boils water really well.

Oh, don't forget pace makers and WLAN signals.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »
I saw a show where someone used IR to detect foreign objects being carried. A lot less invasive and could be a lot cheaper too.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »
I saw a show where someone used IR to detect foreign objects being carried. A lot less invasive and could be a lot cheaper too.

Would an American made gun be okay, then ?   >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 05:03:38 PM »
Would an American made gun be okay, then ?   >:D

Just use one of those porcelain Glock 7's that cost more than a month's pay.  :rofl:

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 05:10:00 PM »

I assume it's the "millimeter wave" scanners that use non-ionizing radiation.
"It's good, though..."

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 08:15:23 PM »
Would an American made gun be okay, then ?   >:D

Alright, I'm smellin' what yer steppin' in!  =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G