Author Topic: Mitt Seems Confuddled  (Read 5853 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Mitt Seems Confuddled
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:58:17 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-univision-campaign-100-percent-america-234334429--election.html

MIAMI--Still in damage control mode over his "47 percent" remark captured by a hidden camera, Mitt Romney repeatedly insisted Wednesday that he is running to represent "100 percent" of America and that he has a record of being inclusive.

It's 100%, it's 53%, forget the 47%....what number is it really?

Over the last week or so, Romney seems to have proven numerous times that he is incapable of running a national campaign.

This latest foot-in-mouth episode, coupled with damage control, still sends a message of confusion, at best.

Looks like he has wasted a lot of money so far.....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:44:47 AM by Jamie B »
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Mitt Seems Confuddled
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »
Meanwhile no one cares that there's a video of Obama out there stating his belief in redistribution of wealth..... >:D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:33:01 AM by TommyGunn »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 01:44:14 AM »
Meanwhile no one cares that there's a video of Obama out there stating his belief in redistribution of wealth..... >:D

You can't criticize anything Obama does or says, or you're a racist.  (you should know that by now) Obama could kill a *baby* and eat it on live TV and he would get a pass.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:34:00 AM by scout26 »
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 01:54:54 AM »
I've listened to the audio from that so called "gotcha".
What I heard was that as a candidate in a primary race his job was to win over the potential supporters that didn't constitute the 47% that will for Obama no matter what.
As a candidate his job is to convince hornswaggle voters, represent 100% of Americans.

His damage control and spin attempts are made of Latinum plated suckage.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:34:13 AM by scout26 »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 06:23:53 AM »
I think the media is driving the narrative and everyone getting all flummoxed about his bad campaign aren't taking that into account.

The scandal is the 47% of the folks who are going to vote to keep their gravy train running despite the long term consequences.    

Bunch of sheep.

You need to edit the title of this thread. It violates the forum rules.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:34:39 AM by scout26 »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 06:30:59 AM »

Among all 57 states ...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:34:51 AM by scout26 »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Mittens Seems Confuddled
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 07:43:33 AM »
I hope he doesn't backpedal on this.....it's the first time he's tried to win the conservative base since his campaign opened.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 07:46:54 AM »
I think the media is driving the narrative and everyone getting all flummoxed about his bad campaign aren't taking that into account.

The scandal is the 47% of the folks who are going to vote to keep their gravy train running despite the long term consequences.    

Bunch of sheep.

You need to edit the title of this thread. It violates the forum rules.

Sure, it is fixed. Still does not change the facts.
He still is tanking by not being able to run a national campaign.
The newest polls are hitting today, and he is loosing serious ground.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:35:29 AM by scout26 »
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 07:51:50 AM »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 08:02:26 AM »
Yes, really.

Here is a Fox News poll that I saw on the news this morning:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/19/obama-has-edge-over-romney-in-three-battleground-states/

Here are more polls by state where Mitt is behind:
http://www.pollheadlines.com/

It is quite obvious that romney would be sitting much better if he was running a good national campaign.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 08:03:29 AM »
It is quite obvious that romney would be sitting much better if he was running a good national campaign.

Of course, so would obama.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 08:09:56 AM »
Yes, really.

Here is a Fox News poll that I saw on the news this morning:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/19/obama-has-edge-over-romney-in-three-battleground-states/

Here are more polls by state where Mitt is behind:
http://www.pollheadlines.com/

Since I'm familiar with Virginia, sample in the Fox News poll: 38% D/ 33% R/ 26% I

It has Democrats with a +5 advantage in Virginia. Actual registrations in Virginia? +3 Republican.

Yeah... I'm worried about that poll. Notice the Independents are almost exactly even (41-42 or 43-43), yet SOMEHOW Obama ends up with a significant lead? Not buying that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 08:11:57 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-univision-campaign-100-percent-america-234334429--election.html

It's 100%, it's 53%, forget the 47%....what number is it really?

Over the last week or so, Romney seems to have proven numerous times that he is incapable of running a national campaign.

This latest foot-in-mouth episode, coupled with damage control, still sends a message of confusion, at best.

Looks like he has wasted a lot of money so far.....

wth is the problem?  this is america, where all you need is a slight advantage to win.  so who needs the little guy?    =|  what an idiot.  every election i am amazed at how close the vote really is.  whoever wins likes to make a big deal about them getting the majority, but in the end they only win by a few percent or less.

i haven't looked at the demographics, but i don't think that is the case.  around here the people getting the majority of public assistance could care less, and are likely not the ones to vote.  it seems that most of the voters just want to give their money away.

at least he thinks he is talking to 99% of the people.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:19:24 AM by geronimotwo »
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 08:15:42 AM »
Since I'm familiar with Virginia, sample in the Fox News poll: 38% D/ 33% R/ 26% I

It has Democrats with a +5 advantage in Virginia. Actual registrations in Virginia? +3 Republican.

Yeah... I'm worried about that poll. Notice the Independents are almost exactly even (41-42 or 43-43), yet SOMEHOW Obama ends up with a significant lead? Not buying that.

Most of the polling outfit seemto oversample dems throughout most of the campaign season and then get a litttle more realistic the last week or two to salvage some credibility. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 08:27:07 AM »
honestly, i think being behind in the polls adds fervor to the campaign. 
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 08:27:57 AM »
i haven't looked at the demographics, but i don't think that is the case.  around here the people getting the majority of public assistance could care less, and are likely not the ones to vote.  it seems that most of the voters just want to give their money away.

The "47%" that aren't paying Federal Income Tax aren't all on assistance.  I know at least one solidly middle-class (maybe "upper middle class" judging by the toys he buys, he has bikes that cost more than some folks' cars) who didn't pay Fed Income Tax a couple years ago (was bragging about it on Facebook).  He wasn't cheating, just using all of the available deductions and such to his advantage.  However, because didn't have to pay, he thinks we should all pay more.  Him not paying is evidence in his mind that the tax rates are too low.  That same year, I paid $14k in federal income taxes after itemizing deductions.  MY suggestion to write a check to the Treasury Dept rather than lobbying for higher taxes overall is rebuffed as inefficient.

Chris

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 08:50:43 AM »
Sure, it is fixed. Still does not change the facts.
He still is tanking by not being able to run a national campaign.
The newest polls are hitting today, and he is loosing serious ground.

Not by what I'm seeing.  The narrative the MSM is putting out just ain't true.  I think you'll see the polls getting closer to what  the vote (really the only poll that counts) will be the closer we get to election day.

http://datechguyblog.com/2012/09/17/demoralized-as-hell-the-poll-the-media-isnt-talking-about-edition/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 09:14:44 AM »
Not to mention the desperation e-mails I'm getting 2-3 times per day from the Obama campaign.   I've got a feeling their internal polling shows them losing...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:17:10 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 09:16:06 AM »
I'm skeptical of polls in general (Didn't most polls have Mondale tied with Reagan until election night?) so I'm not going to get too excited when some pollster or analyst happens to put out something I happen like.

The bottom line is the only poll that counts is the one on election day, and in order to eke out a win, the Republican has to have enough of a margin to negate Democratic vote fraud. (Stuffed ballot boxes, hanging chads, etc., are the least of it.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

grampster

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 09:26:52 AM »
All the whining about taxes from R's and D's, shows how much we need to scrap the present system and have a flat tax of 10% across the board.  Every individual and every every business that is not a Sole Proprietor pays 10% of every dollar, no deductions, no matter where that dollar comes from, period.  Everybody has a dog in the fight and there is no room for whining.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 10:00:19 AM »
All the whining about taxes from R's and D's, shows how much we need to scrap the present system and have a flat tax of 10% across the board.  Every individual and every every business that is not a Sole Proprietor pays 10% of every dollar, no deductions, no matter where that dollar comes from, period.  Everybody has a dog in the fight and there is no room for whining.

But then the system wouldn't be rigged! How can you win in a fair game?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 10:09:04 AM »

Run for office.  Please.

The current policriters will never implement it, as there is insufficient opportunity for graft.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »

Yeah, well way to go Grampster. You just took away 90% of what each candidate is campaigning for and/or against. They would then have to start debating about issues besides who gets free rides and who gets smacked with the tax burden. And what about those poor people at the IRS? What will they do? I have always said that if we have taxes, EVERYONE should have to pay taxes - even if it's only $100/yr. Skin in the game gives one a completely different perspective on things.

I know there is no workable way to do it (because good luck collecting), but I wish everyone would have to pay their taxes by sitting down and writing a check to the IRS, versus getting "X" dollars taken out of their paychecks and then "whoopee!!" getting some of it "refunded" at the end of the year. Too many of those people (and I am in the "taken out of my pay" crowd) simply have zero concept of their tax burden. If you're making $50K/yr and have to sit down on April 15th and write a check for $5000, I think you end up with a different perspective than if your employer deducts $7000 from your pay for taxes and the government gives you $2000 of it back. This is something the self-employed know all too well, four times per year.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."