Author Topic: Fusion Centers  (Read 1461 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Fusion Centers
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:28:56 AM »
Fusion centers. Waste of money, hangout for idiots

Another fusion center report, entitled “Possible Drug Smuggling Activity,”  recounted the experiences of two state wildlife officials who spotted a pair of men  in a bass boat “operating suspiciously” in the body of water off the U.S.-Mexico border. The report noted that the fishermen “avoided eye contact” and that their boat appeared to be low in the water, “as if it were laden with cargo” with high winds and choppy waters.
“The fact that some guys were hanging out in a boat where people normally do not fish MIGHT be an indicator of something abnormal, but does not reach the threshold of something we should be reporting,” a Homeland Security reviewer wrote, according to the Senate panel. “I … think that this should never have been nominated for production, nor passed through three reviews.”

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/02/14187433-homeland-security-fusion-centers-spy-on-citizens-produce-shoddy-work-report-says?lite

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Fusion Centers
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 12:36:46 AM »
Fusion centers. Waste of money, hangout for idiots

So, like Congress?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:40:44 AM »
Local activist groups are nagging our fusion center here for FOIA content just to make life hell for them. :rofl:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:05:47 AM »
One fusion center report cited described how a certain model car had folding rear seats to the trunk, a feature that it said could be useful to human traffickers. This prompted a Homeland Security reviewer to note that such folding rear seats are “featured on MANY different  makes and model of vehicles” and “there is nothing of any intelligence value in this report.”
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 12:41:23 PM »
Wouldn't human traffickers jam in more people without extra folding seats than with? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 03:46:58 PM »
COINTELPRO  Anyone??

I'm betting that at some point ICE agents will be posing as coyotes and sneaking people into this country.

=| =|
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 03:57:19 PM »
Wouldn't human traffickers jam in more people without extra folding seats than with? 

I think they are talking about rear seats which fold down to allow access to the trunk, not extra seats.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 04:07:40 PM »
It's a "Benny Hill" operation. Complete with the theme music
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 05:25:23 PM »
COINTELPRO  Anyone??

I'm betting that at some point ICE agents will be posing as coyotes and sneaking people into this country.

=| =|

Are they going to be trying to eat my chickens too  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »
COINTELPRO  Anyone??

=| =|

At which point they will be shot by ICE agents patrolling the border that didn't have need to know on that op.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 08:00:24 PM »
My best friend is an intelligence analyst out of the Hartford Fusion Center, so I guess I'll have to be the lone voice and make a case for him.

They simply act as a way point for intelligence coming into the state from outside agencies and decide what to disperse in-state and how to summarize it.  My friend has written BOLOs and advisories that end up on the desks of state police dispatchers, military police, and local law enforcement.  I used to get intelligence advisories from the fusion center that were directly applicable to my job as armed security on a military base, such as incidents at other bases.

As with any large government project, I'm sure there is waste.  However, as someone who actually communicated with a fusion center professionally, I have nothing but good things to say about the Hartford outfit.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 08:09:03 PM »
I work at one also, well it's called something different because it's a northern border activity but falls under the same umbrella... I'll post more later
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog