Author Topic: Presidential debate thoughts  (Read 15667 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Presidential debate thoughts
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »
Okay the debate that I really want to watch is the VP debate.  [popcorn]  [popcorn]
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2012, 02:31:43 PM »
Okay the debate that I really want to watch is the VP debate.  [popcorn]  [popcorn]

Precisely. I can't stand, CAN'T STAND, listening to the dissembler-in-chief.

And, although Biden lies just as much, he, at least, is entertaining and occasionally inadvertantly tells to truth.

A comment from another website I thought nailed it:

Quote from: thatsafactjack link=http://hotair.com/archives/2012/10/04/biden-youre-darned-right-obama-and-i-want-to-raise-a-trillion-dollars-in-new-taxes/comment-page-1/#comment-6334387
Biden:

Did I tell you about that hot biker mama I met a while back? I’m thinking of getting her name tattooed on my…

What?

What mic?

This one?

Its on?

Oh… its ON!

Yeah… gotcha! Okay.

Anyway… she was so…
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2012, 03:16:51 PM »
Thought maybe some of you may find some humor in this.  This is an article about the fungal meningitis outbreak.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/meningitis-outbreak-highlights-hazards-compounding-pharmacies/story?id=17405294

Robert Barry, 71, received an injection from one of the recalled vials about six weeks ago.

"They told me that if I begin to develop headache, nausea or trouble walking -- if I believe that Obama won the debate -- I should go to the emergency room," said Barry, who lives in Berlin, Md. As for the pharmacy at the center of the outbreak investigation, Barry said, "I understand they're closed, so that's a good thing."

(bolding added)
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

HankB

• friend
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »
I heard that the people in Kenya have done a full 180 and are now insisting that Obama was born in the USA after all . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »
They must have watched the first debate.  I will cut them some slack to wait until the election for their decision.  Either way, BO will not be writing any checks to Kenya unless someone else pays for it.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »
Obama had his fanny handed to him in the first debate, and it was highly entertaining.  However, I don't expect that to happen to him on the second go around.  You can bet that, 1) The Obama team is going make sure The One is prepped and properly practiced for the next debate, 2) The moderator of the next debate, Candy Crowley of CNN, has been given instructions to make Romney pay for winning the first debate.
Plus, the Stupid Party is well known for squandering victories.  I'd expect nothing less from Romney's team.

Romney seems unflappable when he has accusations or trap-questions laid out for him. He flatly says, "That's not true, what I stand for is XYZ..."  I don't think it'll work.

And if Obama does all the debate prep he should have done for the first debate, well, you know, that's like actual work. So I fully expect Obama to be crabby, tired, and frustrated, and the net result will be pretty close to the first debate.

I predict the best the MSM will be able to do is call the second debate "a draw" with a straighter face.
I promise not to duck.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2012, 04:34:33 PM »
Romney seems unflappable when he has accusations or trap-questions laid out for him. He flatly says, "That's not true, what I stand for is XYZ..."  I don't think it'll work.
Yeah. Romney has been able to slap down questions on his biggest weakness, Romneycare, ever since the primary debates. Mad skillz - and unlike McCain, he seems interested in actually winning.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2012, 04:47:59 PM »
Given that one of the biggest hits on Obama was how passive and weak he appeared, it'll be interesting if he comes out of the gate trying to over compensate.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
It's an admittedly long chain of speculation, but with Obama's dead father, single white mother and guilty grandparents, then being the "American Boy" in Indonesian schools as the stepson of Sotero where not much was expected of him, then the affirmative-action token black who coasted academically through college (sealed transcripts, one can only assume they're not flattering, or even fraudulent), then on to his sinecures as "community organizer" and the non-teaching "Constitutional Law Professor" at UIC, Chicago Machine appointment to the IL legislature, Ayers ghost-writing "Dreams of my Father" for him, the lucky break of a sex-scandal shooing him into the U.S. Senate... then POTUS.

It all just fell in his lap.

A malevolent Chauncey Gardenier.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: Presidential debate thoughts
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
Obama had his fanny handed to him in the first debate, and it was highly entertaining.  However, I don't expect that to happen to him on the second go around.  You can bet that, 1) The Obama team is going make sure The One is prepped and properly practiced for the next debate, 2) The moderator of the next debate, Candy Crowley of CNN, has been given instructions to make Romney pay for winning the first debate.
Plus, the Stupid Party is well known for squandering victories.  I'd expect nothing less from Romney's team.
Perhaps, but these people are downright delusional with their thoughts of grandeur.

I expect he will over compensate and crash and burn.

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2012, 07:37:51 PM »
Perhaps, but these people are downright delusional with their thoughts of grandeur.

I expect he will over compensate and crash and burn.

One can hope.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »
WOW, the New Yorker throws Obama under the bus with that cover !!  (And yes, it is real, it's the cover of the next issue.)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2012, 04:22:26 PM »
Clint Eastwood doesn't seem so crazy now does he?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2012, 05:21:24 PM »
WOW, the New Yorker throws Obama under the bus with that cover !!  (And yes, it is real, it's the cover of the next issue.)

The best part is that an egotistical narcissist like Barry does not appreciate being the butt of jokes. With any luck, at the next debate he will be angry ... and angry people do not think or speak carefully. If we are extremely fortunate, we might even see a melt-down on the stage, although it's doubtful it could possibly as epic as what's-her-name at the Demagogic convention.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2012, 05:37:09 PM »
5 second delay. Bet a meltdown never makes it on the air.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »
If we are extremely fortunate, we might even see a melt-down on the stage, although it's doubtful it could possibly as epic as what's-her-name at the Demagogic convention.

Who? Guess I missed that one.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2012, 09:00:51 PM »
Ha! Latest claim is that Romney had a "crib notes hanky".

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/10/06/romney-nose/

Which is funny, because in this video by the Brietbart people, Obama supporters think it woulda been A-OK for Obama to use a teleprompter:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=69016&sitesection=breitbart&VID=23834113
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2012, 09:35:40 PM »
I've been watching the Kennedy-Nixon debate @ archive.org tonight.  The video quality is pretty bad (kinescope) but the actual content is so much better that what we get now.

Nixon looked like crap.  He should have insisted they debate on radio instead of television.

"It's good, though..."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2012, 11:05:38 PM »
I've been watching the Kennedy-Nixon debate @ archive.org tonight.  The video quality is pretty bad (kinescope) but the actual content is so much better that what we get now.

Nixon looked like crap.  He should have insisted they debate on radio instead of television.

Nixon was sick and refused make-up so that's why he looked so ... "charming."
It's been said that those who heard the Kennedy vs. Nixon debates on radio (yes it was broadcast on radio too) thought Nixon won because they listened to the content, while those who watched it on TV believed Kennedy had won, because he looked prepared, sharp, handsome, attractive and.... well, not so "charming." ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TechMan

• Administrator
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »
A malevolent Chauncey Gardenier.

Chauncey had an excuse: he was dim.  He did not have an agenda.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

TechMan

• Administrator