Author Topic: Dear Brideslaves, Put your life on hold until after my wedding.  (Read 4717 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Dear Brideslaves, Put your life on hold until after my wedding.
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 01:51:12 PM »

This seems like a good investment to you?  =|

Hell yeah!  Post-apocalyptic survivalist fantasy theme park. 
Populate with red force bad guys-zombies.  Intersperse with supplies.  Drop people in for a week with basic survival supplies and blue force weapons.
Profit-????
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 02:26:38 PM »
>How can one of the bridesmaids be a problem?<

Bridesmaid basically decided SHE should be running everything. Started demanding that those of us actually doing all the set-up and suchlike follow HER orders (we universally non-complied). Ask Spoon about "Radioactive mommy parts": Spoon was actually the Maid of Honor, and was ready to slit the chick's throat.

The bride? When RT started her tantrums, SHE suggested a bunch of us just go get drunk
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 08:59:48 PM »
>How can one of the bridesmaids be a problem?<

Bridesmaid basically decided SHE should be running everything. Started demanding that those of us actually doing all the set-up and suchlike follow HER orders (we universally non-complied). Ask Spoon about "Radioactive mommy parts": Spoon was actually the Maid of Honor, and was ready to slit the chick's throat.

The bride? When RT started her tantrums, SHE suggested a bunch of us just go get drunk

I'm guessing "family politics" got her the position?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 01:27:08 AM »
Pretty much, Liz.

We ordered the maids' dresses from Thailand: nice silk a-frame things. Tie at the small of the back. Maidzilla insisted hers be "fitted" by a local: hers was the only one that hung wrong.

Then she started bitching that she wasn't maid of honor. When told "you haven't done anything to help, deal with it", she tried taking over all the set-up. Not doing the actual work, mind you: just trying to stupervise. The three of us doing the actual work ignored her.

The nickname (RT) came up at the reception, when she had pretty much offended EVERYONE present...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 01:37:59 AM »
"Radioactive mommy parts"

I do believe that's going to become my new nickname for Evil Grandmother (yeah, I've got one. Hates my guts like nothing else)

Had to do some work over at her house today, to include landscaping (got voluntold). Well, there was a tree near the house. Ugly thing, looked like it was half dead and trunks and limbs growing every which way, plus, most importantly, a big root tunneling under the house foundation, so it really needed to go. Did I mention it was ugly as hell, too, and served no purpose at all? So I cut it down and flush cut the stump and haul everything to the curbside for pickup this week. Evil Grandmother was at her store while we were getting everything done, so we cleaned up and left before she got home. We swung by her shop but she was already gone so we head on home.

Approximately 30 seconds after she arrived at her house, my phone rings with the Screeching Call of Death. That tree turned out to be The Most Valuable Tree In The World so I got to take a ration of *expletive deleted*it for doing a job that needed to be done.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!