Author Topic: Another tale from the Professional Enough files.  (Read 1446 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Another tale from the Professional Enough files.
« on: October 07, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/10/daniel-zimmerman/nypd-officers-kill-unarmed-national-guardsman/

Yeah. This sort of thing is becoming common enough that I'm running low on new ways to describe the arrogance, hypocrisy, contempt and corruption borne by certain members of the peace officer law enforcement prole management community.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Another tale from the Professional Enough files.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 01:34:20 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/10/daniel-zimmerman/nypd-officers-kill-unarmed-national-guardsman/

Yeah. This sort of thing is becoming common enough that I'm running low on new ways to describe the arrogance, hypocrisy, contempt and corruption borne by certain members of the peace officer law enforcement prole management community.

What are you, some sort of low-life hippie?  Did a cop take your weed? 

;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »
The dumbass reached under his seat and grabbed a dark gun like object that turned out to be a drill (WTF?). Wouldn't you consider that a *expletive deleted*ing stupid thing to do when the cops stop you?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-shot-police-laguardia-airport-article-1.1174664?pgno=1

Oh, and about the "off duty cop in the backseat"?

Rodriguez, who was off-duty, has a checkered history with the NYPD, according to court records. She was stripped of her gun and badge after being busted for stealing a sweater from an H&M store in June.

And the passenger who is claiming the driver had his hands on the wheel has a couple of DUIs in the past. In my experience, most people who get DUIs like that tend to be quite critical about the popo, even shockingly, to the point of making *expletive deleted*it up.

But, you know, the cop sounds like a guy itching to shoot someone. I mean, look at how he handled this incident where a guy had attacked someone with a machete and thrown Molotov cocktails!

Hamdy and an officer were credited with convincing a Queens man to give up without a fight after he had attacked a man with a machete and hurled Molotov cocktails at cops.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 01:51:46 PM »
DeFerrari, a mother of three, denied Polanco was reaching under his seat when he was shot, saying “his hands were on the steering wheel” the whole time.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-shot-police-laguardia-airport-article-1.1174664#ixzz28dXoHuio

he said / she said

=|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »
But, you know, the cop sounds like a guy itching to shoot someone. I mean, look at how he handled this incident where a guy had attacked someone with a machete and thrown Molotov cocktails!
Hamdy and an officer were credited with convincing a Queens man to give up without a fight after he had attacked a man with a machete and hurled Molotov cocktails at cops.

You mean, this paragon of officer responsibility?

NEW YORK -- The NYPD detective who shot and killed an unarmed National Guardsman during a traffic stop early Thursday morning was named in two civil rights complaints that ended in significant payouts by the city, court records show.

Detective Hassan Hamdy, identified by police as the officer who fatally shot Noel Polanco, 22, was one of several officers named in a 2007 brutality lawsuit by a Queens grandmother and her grandson who said they were terrorized by police after being subjected to an illegal search of their home. The suit was settled for $235,000.

A spokeswoman for New York City's legal department said Hamdy did not appear to be a "major player" in the Queens brutality case. But the city also said that Hamdy was named in another civil rights complaint that the city settled for $291,000 in 2001, and that details of that case were not immediately available.

ETA: As an aside, a question for the board, if you were being chased by a pair of these vans (the dark blue one on the right)....

...what would you do? In an age where criminals commit home invasions while shouting "police" do you just assume the pair of unmarked vans with concealed lights are really the police?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:31:16 PM by kgbsquirrel »

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 05:38:31 PM »
...what would you do? In an age where criminals commit home invasions while shouting "police" do you just assume the pair of unmarked vans with concealed lights are really the police?

DHS snatch and grab  ;) 

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 07:00:16 PM »
police surveillance van

looking at buying an fbi one

Hamdy, a veteran cop who had never fired his Glock pistol before on duty, shot Polanco in the midsection, sources said. Polanco died just before 6 a.m. at New York Hospital Queens.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-shot-police-laguardia-airport-article-1.1174664#ixzz28emP9Lbh

a challenge
who can spot the obvious inconsistency in the drunk's bartenders story

The bartender said the shooting occurred after the cops in an unmarked car chased them when Polanco tried to maneuver around slow-moving traffic.

“They tried to run us off the road,” said DeFerrari, insisting she was sober at the time because she has two drunken-driving busts on her record.

“They were shouting obscenities and the driver was sticking his middle finger out at us,” she said. “Noel sped up to get away from the car. There were no sirens, just lights. I told Noel to stop the car, but we caught a clearing and took off.”

She said the unmarked car caught up and blocked their path. “All hell broke loose,” said DeFerrari. “They jumped out with rifles drawn. One guy had a handgun. They ran at us.”

DeFerrari said police later showed her a photo of Hamdy, whom she identified as the cop who shot her friend.

Police said Polanco was heading east on the parkway in his Honda Fit. The trio was near the 94th St. overpass in Queens when the speeding vehicle was spotted by two unmarked Emergency Service Unit vans.

“The car was weaving in and out, going between the vehicles,” Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said. “They turned on their lights and tried to pull him over. He didn’t pull over.”

DeFerrari was terrified and told Polanco to slow down.

“Stop, the police are trying to pull you over,” the bartender told Polanco, according to Browne.

One of the ESU vehicles pulled in front of Polanco’s car and forced him to stop. Hamdy and another uniformed officer climbed out and approached the Honda from opposite sides of the vehicle.

“The bartender reports hearing police telling people to keep their hands up,” Browne said. “The last time she looked at the driver, (Polanco’s) hands were still on the wheel.”

DeFerrari told police she felt a mist on her face, which she quickly realized was the driver’s blood.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-shot-police-laguardia-airport-article-1.1174664#ixzz28enJVoGJ
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
who can spot the obvious inconsistency in the drunk's bartenders story

Well? Where is it?

And why do you say she was drunk?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 07:33:45 PM »
Well first of all she says that he shot at the same time as saying "Put your hands up" then later she says they yelled it but she looked over and his hands were still on the wheel. So which is it, barkeep? Did they shoot and say the words at the same time or did they yell it several times? You know, when them news cameras and mikes gets stuck in your face, it sure can change a story!

“Noel didn't have a chance to put his hands up. They screamed, ‘Put up your hands!’ and shot at the same time,” said DeFerrari,

or

“The bartender reports hearing police telling people to keep their hands up,” Browne said. “The last time she looked at the driver, (Polanco’s) hands were still on the wheel.

So, a disgraced cop, a 2x DUI bartender (sober my ass), and her buddy who worked in the hookah section of the bar and had been drinking (and likely drunk as *expletive deleted* if he had been *expletive deleted* stupid enough to reach under his seat while the cops are yelling "Put your hands up!") all pile into a car and go for a drive...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 07:49:57 PM »

Well? Where is it?

And why do you say she was drunk?

2 dui's?  you're a drunk

its indeed possible to get a dui for a 1 time lapse and being barely over the limit
you do it twice not so likely

and the cop in the back seat hanging out the window waving her badge?  not helping any  and she obviously wasn't asleep

shame guys dead.  stupid really hurts sometimes    hopefully he didn't have kids
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 08:17:18 PM »
Oh. I thought you were saying that she was drunk at the time.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 08:23:32 PM »
Oh. I thought you were saying that she was drunk at the time.

don't know about at the time

the other tell tale?  only drunks have to announce "they were sober!"

its presumed that most folks are sober
and then theres their own admission about drinking together before leaving the club

lets see couple vans with flashing lights chasing you pull you over.  person in car telling you its the cops
make a stupid move get shot
darwin at work so long as he hasn't had kids yet

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 11:52:03 PM »
Yeah, no. This thread is gone already.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”