Author Topic: Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.  (Read 28803 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.
« on: October 14, 2012, 08:31:08 PM »
There are two types of people in this world, ones with a zombie plan and ones without - we call them lunch.

Walking dead season 3 premiers in 31 minute.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:28:00 PM by Ben »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Walking dead premiers in 31 minuets.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:19:58 PM »
Fracking awsome!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 10:33:16 PM »
How ling does a minuet usually last? Cause 31 of them could take awhile.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 10:35:02 PM »
The only bummer was the last few minutes. Without giving a spoiler, I hope the person who looks like they might die, doesn't. I like that character.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
Dam spell check, How did I spell minute wrong twice?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 12:56:33 AM »
they have a big map of the area, that they have been using for a while it seems, and the prison isn't on it?
I would think you would investigate any place that has supplies/guns

& last season ending, why do they run out of gas surrounded by abandoned vehicles full of gas? & they are still using the same cars?
they didn't modify something into a zombie killer/transport vehicle by now?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 01:06:56 AM »
Walking dead season 3 premiers in 31 minuets.

Zombies dancing to chamber music?   ;/
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 07:43:58 AM »

This.....I have better things to do than watch nu-BSG with zombies....

Thank God for HELL ON WHEELS.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 07:47:04 AM »
they didn't modify something into a zombie killer/transport vehicle by now?

They didn't _____ by now?
A. Make zombie armor
B. find more guns (frack, they made/found suppressors?!)
C. Find more ammo
D. Smack Lori enough to knock some sense into her
E. wash their clothes
F. Move more than a few miles? (the prison was nearby then..and now?)

I mean, seriously, they have enough Z killin' XP now that little Carl is a veritable zombie slayer, but none of the above?

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 07:59:17 AM »
So first i read premiers as plumbers. Then I see the word "minuet" and "31", look back to discover it''s premier not plumber so niow I'm thinking it's about someone premiering some 31 minuets. Then I see "Walking Dead" and realize, finally, that it's about zombies. Now, how cool is that?  :cool:

:laugh:

Avoid cliches like the plague!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 08:06:15 AM »
There are two types of people in this world, ones with a zombie plan and ones without - we call them lunch.

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBRRxXNzkVw
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »
"They didn't _____ by now?
A. Make zombie armor
B. find more guns (frack, they made/found suppressors?!)
C. Find more ammo
E. wash their clothes
F. Move more than a few miles? (the prison was nearby then..and now?)"

They addressed some of that.

A. I don't understand that either.

B. They have. Carol had a folder AK. But, as Hershel said, they are running dangerously low on ammunition. I still don't understand why they've not switched to .22s. Generally more readily available ammo and a lot quieter.

C. See above.

D. I still don't see why her character is the lightning rod for everyone's anger. For example, most people, when presented with the list that you've laid out, will look at it and then scream at the top of their lungs "IT'S ALL THAT STUPID BITCH LORI'S FAULT! FRAG HER! FRAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THE ALBATROSS!"

Hell, Herschel had walkers in his barn, thought they were sick, and everyone looks at that and goes "Oh, Ok,I can see why he would do that."

Had Lori done it? "FRAG THE BITCHY ALBATROSS!"

E. Dirt makes convincing television.

F. They covered that in the show. They have been scavenging house to house, and there are apparently also numerous herds of walkers that they've been dodging.

Just for grins and giggles I did some mental math... Say 10% of the US population has survived. Given how the story is laid out I think that is really generous...

That's 35 million survivors.

But it's over 300,000,000 zomies.

Is it any wonder that they keep running short on ammo?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 08:20:29 AM »
Oh, Rick's suppressor? (I wondered how long it would take for them to get smart about that!)

Made from the body of a Maglight flashlight.

Pretty smart.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »
Lori did have some sense smacked into her - she's now (apparently) making headshots on zombies at some respectable distance with her little revolver, and she's no longer hysterical about her kid carrying and using a gun:O

Thing is, when they were going through the prison and bypassing the "dead" zombies without making sure they were down for the count, I knew - I mean, I just KNEW - someone was going to get bit.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 09:58:16 AM »
Zombies in full body armor. How's that for adding zest to your workout?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:15 AM »
"Thing is, when they were going through the prison and bypassing the "dead" zombies without making sure they were down for the count, I knew - I mean, I just KNEW - someone was going to get bit."

Once again, Lori's fault!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 10:09:10 AM »

I prefer to refer to them as Brain Biscuits. And I don't have a zombie plan. I have 42 zombie plans.  :laugh:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 10:16:39 AM »
It's only one show in, but if not smacking her, Rick must have done something. She was behaving herself and acting pretty subservient. Maybe it's that she's into bad boys and Rick looks to have become a tough guy.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »
I'm with Mike. Lori's done some stupid crap, but so have the other characters, and I don't understand the whole "damn Lori, it's all her fault" thing. She's no better or worse than any of the others. And I don't think she was acting subservient, I think she was acting like a woman who's a month or so away from giving birth to God knows what. The character I'm liking most at the moment is Darryl.

Good job on the suppressors - especially now that they're in a building with cement walls. It'll be a miracle if they're not all deaf when they get out of there. Good to see also that they're making use of the body armor.

I do understand the clothing thing - in the winter, wearing wet clothes until they dry would be a death sentence. What I don't understand is why, with all the creeks/lakes around, they couldn't wash their hands/faces.

Good episode though.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 10:21:35 AM »
Zombies in full body armor. How's that for adding zest to your workout?

Eh, NIJ Lvl-III or IV helmets are few and far between, and since head shots are the only ones that count I don't see it as that big of an issue. Get some AR's, slap cans on them and go to town.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »
Okay so by and far EVERY house they have entered has zombies.  Each time they enter and search a house for ammunition and more guns they face more risk.
Beyond that, anyone who survived to the point of realizing that they need to start popping zombies would have consumed ammunition.
Most people don't have stores and stores of ammo in their house.  I'd venture to guess the average person on APS represents maybe 5% of the country (WAG, but judging by what I know about my nearest 6-10 neighbors....might be an overestimate).
Herds of zombies roaming sometimes in the hundreds.  That's certainly another problem.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 10:35:06 AM »
Okay so by and far EVERY house they have entered has zombies.  Each time they enter and search a house for ammunition and more guns they face more risk.
Beyond that, anyone who survived to the point of realizing that they need to start popping zombies would have consumed ammunition.
Most people don't have stores and stores of ammo in their house.  I'd venture to guess the average person on APS represents maybe 5% of the country (WAG, but judging by what I know about my nearest 6-10 neighbors....might be an overestimate).
Herds of zombies roaming sometimes in the hundreds.  That's certainly another problem.

As an APS representative example...

Loaded cartridges:
~1,400 7.62mm NATO
~1,050 7.62x39mm
~1,000 9mm
~800 5.56mm NATO
~500 7.62x54mmR
~500 .45ACP
~200 .30-06
~100 .50BMG
~50 .300WM

Components for:
1,200 150gr .308" FMJBT
500 77gr .224" SMK OTM
300 230gr .452" LRN
150 650gr .510" API

....oh, and 8,000+ of .22LR  :P

If they stumbled across my apartment (assuming I had to GTFO without my entire cache) they'd be set for a while.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:53:52 AM by kgbsquirrel »

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 10:45:17 AM »
Eh, NIJ Lvl-III or IV helmets are few and far between, and since head shots are the only ones that count I don't see it as that big of an issue. Get some AR's, slap cans on them and go to town.

I'm referring to the "guards" engaged hand to hand.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 10:47:15 AM »
"Dam spell check, How did I spell minute wrong twice?"

Spell check won't pick it up because minuet is the correct spelling for another word.