Author Topic: Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.  (Read 28800 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2012, 08:58:37 AM »
Michonne is sizing him up and probably is familiar with molon labe - she's an awesome sword fighter.
Maybe she is - but we haven't seen that demonstrated yet. Or did I miss an episode where she did more than chop a couple of slow-shuffling zombies?

Merle has his own agenda - and it begins and ends with getting even with the people who left him on that rooftop. He may have teamed up with The Governor as a matter of convenience, but now that he's met up with Andrea and knows Rick & Company are still around, he's updating his plans accordingly. The only question is will he enlist The Governor's aid somehow, or go it alone? (Will we ever find out why he sawed off his hand rather than the pipes or the cuffs?)

Look for Merle and Daryl's eventual reunion to be awkward. Daryl will be torn between brotherly ties to his older brother and loyalty to Rick's bunch that he's been with for over a year now. I figure one of them will kill the other . . . or get bitten by a zombie and have to be put down by the other.

Of course, if they get a new writer, things can go off the rails entirely . . . 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2012, 04:01:48 PM »
I anticipate Daryl killing Merle when Merle goes on a violent bender against the rest of the group.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2012, 07:14:43 PM »
WRT cutting off his hand, it was quicker.
Walkers were just about to get thru the door.

The gov wouldn't say his name, perhaps he was some kind of infamous character before the z apocalypse.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2012, 11:23:51 PM »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:27:53 PM by Cliffh »

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2012, 11:26:57 PM »
During the Gov's conversation with the scientist, there was mention of the scientists' tea.  I'm wondering how many town folks are drinking the tea and what may be in it.  Can't remember if Michonne drank any or not.

One question I don't recall being answered (sure it was though).  Everyone's infected with the virus.  Everyone will "turn" when they die.  OK.  But how can they be caused to "turn" by a bite?  What's in the bite that causes one to "turn"?  Is the bite itself deadly enough to kill?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:58:37 PM by Cliffh »

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2012, 01:27:30 AM »
During the Gov's conversation with the scientist, there was mention of the scientists' tea.  I'm wondering how many town folks are drinking the tea and what may be in it.  Can't remember if Michonne drank any or not.

One question I don't recall being answered (sure it was though).  Everyone's infected with the virus.  Everyone will "turn" when they die.  OK.  But how can they be caused to "turn" by a bite?  What's in the bite that causes one to "turn"?  Is the bite itself deadly enough to kill?
The amount in one's blood isn't enough to kill thanks to the immune system, but it's enough to bring you back when you die. However, the zombies no longer have an immune system, and thus there's deadly amounts of the virus in their blood, saliva etc. My theory, without having ever seen a single episode.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2012, 06:53:10 AM »
I thought maybe a bite was enough to kill by massive infection of the regular kind (as can happen with a Komodo Dragon), then you turned because of the Zed virus in the bite and already present in your system.

Chris

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2012, 07:18:30 AM »
I thought maybe a bite was enough to kill by massive infection of the regular kind (as can happen with a Komodo Dragon), then you turned because of the Zed virus in the bite and already present in your system.

Chris
Beat me to it.

Human bites are among the nastiest as it is, let along the whole walking corpse thing.

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

birdman

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2012, 07:47:59 AM »
Human bites are among the nastiest as it is, let along the whole walking corpse thing.

Except for chuck Norris, his bite cures impotence AND priapism.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2012, 08:06:46 AM »
Except for chuck Norris, his bite cures impotence AND priapism.
Regular Chuck Norris or zombie Chuck Norris?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

birdman

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2012, 10:08:03 AM »
Regular Chuck Norris or zombie Chuck Norris?
No such thing as zombie chuck.  Any zombie that bites him is either cured or killed.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2012, 10:30:14 AM »
No such thing as zombie chuck.  Any zombie that bites him is either cured or killed.

Probably both. Cured, then killed for biting Chuck Norris.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2012, 10:55:16 AM »
But how would anything penetrate the force field of natural awesome to effect a bite in the first place?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2012, 11:43:20 AM »
But how would anything penetrate the force field of natural awesome to effect a bite in the first place?

I don't know I can only cite precedent:

A blind man once stepped on Chuck Norris' foot, and Chuck Norris said, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Chuck Norris!" At the mention of his name, the blind man received sight. Of course, the first, last, and only thing he ever saw was the roundhouse kick coming at his head.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2012, 11:58:42 AM »
Demonstrating, I suppose, that the answers to some mysteries are simply beyond our comprehension.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2012, 12:05:18 PM »

Probably the same conundrum regarding the healing powers of his tears.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2012, 12:27:10 PM »
I thought Chuck would simply lay hands and heal the zombies...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2012, 12:51:33 PM »
Huh, that could be a direction the show could take....
No matter where you are in America, Chuck could only be a few states away at any time.
Hunker down until Chuck arrives. he will eventually.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »

Chris

Wasn't one of the prisoners killed because he was scratched on the back by the arm bone of a walker (that had pulled the hand off getting out of a set of handcuffs), which would then cause the prisoner would die/turn?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2012, 08:39:57 PM »
Wasn't one of the prisoners killed because he was scratched on the back by the arm bone of a walker (that had pulled the hand off getting out of a set of handcuffs), which would then cause the prisoner would die/turn?

Who said he would turn?  They killed him before anything happened.  I chalk it up to paranoia.

Chris

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2012, 09:55:08 PM »
The debate was still on-going when he met his demise.  Guess we'll have to wait for someone else to get scratched and see what happens.