Author Topic: Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.  (Read 28801 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Walking dead premiers in 31 minuets.
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »
Here's a thought: Non-inmate in civvie clothes may have been a prison worker or visitor. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »
I doubt anyone of them had any military experience. 

Though interestingly, and it may have just been a form of expression, but in the very few minutes we saw Katana Woman, what's her name made a crack about her "being a good soldier". Perhaps she'll end up having a military background.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
"I also don't understand why they were clearing it in the first place."

They covered that.

They were trying to find two of the most critical things that they need right now -- food, as in the prison cafeteria, and medical supplies in the form of the infirmary.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2012, 07:52:46 PM »
"I also don't understand why they were clearing it in the first place."

They covered that.

They were trying to find two of the most critical things that they need right now -- food, as in the prison cafeteria, and medical supplies in the form of the infirmary.

Yes, but contectually; Why they were treating it as a lets risk our lives emergency rather than a methodical, 'everyone knows your roles right?' operation?  The pacing of survival seems... dramatic.   :P
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »
"Why they were treating it as a lets risk our lives emergency rather than a methodical, 'everyone knows your roles right?' operation?"

Isn't the answer obvious?

It's that bitch Lori's fault! The very fact that she's in the vicinity means that their ability to formulate proper tactics has gone to zero!

Everyone is right! It IS her fault!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »
Yes, but contectually; Why they were treating it as a lets risk our lives emergency rather than a methodical, 'everyone knows your roles right?' operation?  The pacing of survival seems... dramatic.   :P

Because. When you look at the program description it says so right there: drama.

America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2012, 08:28:10 PM »
"Why they were treating it as a lets risk our lives emergency rather than a methodical, 'everyone knows your roles right?' operation?"

Isn't the answer obvious?

It's that bitch Lori's fault! The very fact that she's in the vicinity means that their ability to formulate proper tactics has gone to zero!

Everyone is right! It IS her fault!

See! She isn't the albatross, she's the frickin' Jonah!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2012, 09:35:11 PM »

Too much story, not enough episodes.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:10 PM »
Can one the mods change the title please. After all this will be the most popular thread for the next 13 weeks. [popcorn]
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

MrsSmith

• friend
Re: Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2012, 10:34:53 PM »
You have something against minuets?
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

HankB

• friend
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2012, 08:45:24 AM »
As for the interior tactics .... I doubt anyone of them had any military experience.  I wonder how a group consisting of a bunch of average Joe Off The Street would do.   I don't think any of 'em would be mistaken for Seal Team Six.
They've already survived for months, and were very methodical when clearing that house at the beginning of the episode. They also were fairly well organized when they bugged out. There was really no good reason for their experience and tactics to fail so miserably when they were trying to clear the prison interior, since the old adage "You live and learn - or you don't live long" applies.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2012, 09:51:22 AM »
Doing what they were doing would NOT have required military experience, but Rick was a cop, and I suspect that he would have had at least some experience in doing building sweeps.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:46:05 AM by Mike Irwin »

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2012, 11:21:06 AM »

You saw Rick throw away the dog food his son found and was preparing to eat, right?

They're starving.  Not merely politely interested in the dainties of a well-filled larder.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
You saw Rick throw away the dog food his son found and was preparing to eat, right?

They're starving.  Not merely politely interested in the dainties of a well-filled larder.

Good point. 

JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »
On a bet once I tried some Ken-L-Ration or Alpo or something.

Once you get past the concept of if being dog food, it wasn't bad.

Certainly better than Gefilte Fish or a couple of the MREs I've eaten over the years.

I think I would rather eat dog food than the owl Darryl chowed down on.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »
Owl ....TASTES LIKE CHICKEN ....(if anyone gives a hoot). :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »

... was the dog food expired? Cause, if you're starving, EAT THE DOG FOOD.

Gives you more time to find better food.

More examples of "this show would be extremely short if massive stupidity were not showcased."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2012, 05:32:15 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2012, 05:52:51 PM »

Starving to me means being glad to have dog food... and hock of Hershel too for that matter  >:D

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2012, 07:17:52 PM »
That's it! Ned doesn't get into the APS lair after the zombie apocalypse. He'll just stand around salivating over any limbs we might be forced to remove. Geesh.

I have a question though that's been bothering me since I saw the first few episodes.

I get that they're all infected and at death, will reanimate and be zombiefied. Get that. What I don't get is do the zombie bites/scratches CAUSE death, as well? I was a little surprised the other night when Rick said cutting off Herschel's leg was the only way to save him. If that's the case, why haven't there been a rash of amputations since the show started? Also, when they settled in their bunks for the night, Asian guy was checking Farmer's Daughter over for scratches. Will a scratch kill you or not? If so, then why bother cutting off Herschel's leg, unless it's just to feed Ned Hampford?

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »
Will a scratch kill you or not? If so, then why bother cutting off Herschel's leg, unless it's just to feed Ned Hampford?

While I think that a worthy goal in itself  >:D I'm fairly certain it wasn't needed at all and was just another wildly bad decision made by this group.  While Herschel was at the start the biggest cheerleader of the new dictatorship, I imagine having his leg cut off for not good reason will kinda sour that.

Drama!

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2012, 11:04:58 PM »
Also, when they settled in their bunks for the night, Asian guy was checking Farmer's Daughter over for scratches.

That was just an excuse. ;)
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2012, 11:06:05 PM »
If you remember from first season they talked about that some. The first guy Rock met said his wife had been bitten. She developed a super high fever and then died.

The same thing happened to Jim after he was bitten during the attack on the camp. Brenner art CDC said the same thing happened to his wife

Not scratches, but it seems to indicate it is spread by at least a bite like an infection.

So... If the are worried about it to that degree.... I also wonder why they have not adopted ersatz armour and the like.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2012, 10:03:35 AM »
I don't think neck nuzzling and kissing is prudent with someone coated in zombie gore
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2012, 10:06:29 AM »
What's that perfume you're wearing?

Chazombie No. 5...